Heeeeelllo and welcome to Monday! How was the weekend?
Mine=fabulous! But, we got in from Colorado LATE last night, so the pics and the bloggage will have to wait.
So, this is random, but while in flight yesterday, I was thinking something... I was thinking how I wasn't really looking forward to coming back to work today.
And that bummed me out a little...
I mean.. who wants to come back from vacation? Duh. But it was just kinda different.
I really like my coworkers.
I totally dig my job.
But I genuinely looked forward to a lot of things about my last job.
And to seeing my work family. B/c that's what they were...
I realize that sounds lame.
And I was definitely ready to move on, past my role at my previous company. 100% certain on that.
Recently, I've just been getting weird lately b/c some of the stuff I was promised isn't exactly coming to fruition and I'm putting a lot of bandaids on things instead of actually fixing the system like I want to...
...which is alright and I don't mind
I think I'm just getting a little frustrated or something...
...and starting to wonder what my next step will be for my long term career path if this is all just bandaids after a few years, ya know...
Ahhh...always going with an eye on the future, huh... Ambitious Jax.. *laughing at self*
So, that's that.. :) Moving on....
Even as tired as I am, guess what came with me to work today----my gym bag! I'm so impressed with myself, people. Getting started is definitely the hardest part, but once I get on a roll, NOT working out feels...well...odd. (And it didn't hurt that Eric mentioned he'd noticed. I mean.. I think I noticed but that could have also been in my head...haha.. But, his confirmation made me want to work out MORE!)
Now that we've gone to Colorado (and had a blast!), I'm switching gears to get pumped for MAUI! It's so weird to start getting excited for something in October. I love summer, so I'm conflicted about getting excited for anything involving colder months! It's kinda comical. I'm like "YAY Maui..wait.. no..I'm not ready for winter...but YAY MAUI!"
Yes, it's lunchtime, but my waterproof camera is practically burning a hole in my handbag b/c I'm so ready to develop my rafting pics! Ah, gotta love the old school waterproof cameras... Planning to blog during the season finale of Bachelorette tonight! Are you watching?! Who do you want her to pick?!
15 comments:
Glad you had fun in Colorado! I'm dealing with the same thing in my job right now. Bummer, right?
Awww so glad you had fun in CO! You will absolutely adore Maui...so beautiful and the locals are so friendly. You must, I repeat, MUST go to a traditional luau while you're there!
Oh I want Chris to win so bad! He's such a sweetheart!
Im so jealous of your traveling!!! Glad you had fun in CO and moving on is always hard to do! As for Ali...I want her to not pick Chris because I think hes too good for her and he should be the next Bachelor! that may have sounded mean!
You are stuck on bandaids & bandaids are NOT stuck on you...bandaids can rip right off at any time. You WILL find that PERFECT job for you...i know it. "EVERY WALL IS A DOOR"...you'll find your opening :)
Yay for Hawaii! That's one trip you'll definitely NOT want to come home from. You should have a little countdown on your page until the day. How cute would that be?
Have a wonderful week hun. I enjoy reading your posts. Can't wait to see your rafting pics.
I'm so glad you had fun in CO. We went there one year for a little winter vacation and I loved it! It is definitely a plus that you're looking forward toward going to work! Not many people can say that. And you are the only one that can take those bandaids off, so go for it girly! Take them suckers off! Maybe not today, but you'll know when enough is enough :-)
Keep your eye on the prize (Maui!) and everything else will work its way out. :) I am in a similar boat work-wise and having something nice like a vacation to look forward to definitely makes the work days a little more tolerable.
Aww glad you had fun! Can't wait to see pics and get the recaps!
The job stuff could have been written about me and my job situation...ugh. I'm DREADING August 30, DREADING. On a lighter note (!) Colorado looked like fun (via fb and twitter)! I have always wanted to go white water rafting. And I'm SO JEALOUS for Maui!
It's not lame that you enjoy your job! Can't wait to see the pictures from Colorado!
It can be really frustrating when things aren't panning out how you had anticipated. We got rid of our cable, so I won't be watching, but I'll be waiting for my blog minions to tell me what happens, ha! I wish she would pick Chris, but I think it's going to be Roberto (if she picks anyone).
I'd be super excited for Maui if I were you. Can't wait to see your Colorado pics too.
Don't worry about the job. I'm sure it will all come together soon and if not then you can always speak your mind to get the stuff done that you want. :)
Glad you had a good time in CO! I think it would be ok to go ahead and get excited about Maui!!!
I loved last nights finale episode!
I'm from Colorado and heading there next week for vacation.
It is ok to be excited for a fall Maui trip. Maui is fabulous! Hubby and I went there on our honeymoon and the entire trip was amazing! If you haven't been before I highly recommend the Frommer's day-by-day travel guide. It never let us down once. Amazing restaurants to eat at and fun activities.
I hope the job situation gets better. It sucks to not be excited to come into work each day. I think I kind of understand. I like my job and the people I work with, but each morning I still have to convince myself to go in. It's not something I'm truly passionate about, but it pays the bills!
Post a Comment