Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm back! :)

Aloha peeps!! I'm back from Maui! :) I didn't blog while I was gone b/c after Eric's house got broken into this summer, we were both a little paranoid about putting something on fbook, blogs, or anywhere not secured just to be on the safe side...(paranoid=us. Whatever)

Soooo... we landed this morning back in T town (and then I slept all day)....and tomorrow after work is a friend's rehearsal dinner. Then, Sat is the bridal luncheon, followed by the wedding. So yeah, gonna be tired and it'll be awhile before I bore you with photos from our vacay. :) 

In the meantime, this was the view from our hotel balcony at the fantastic Fairmont Kea Lani... *happy sigh* :) It makes me want to go back right this second... 

And I've seen some other people do similar things to what I'm about to list, so I'm just gonna admit I'm copying... ;) But, here's a fun overview....

10,000= feet from which we watched the sunset on top of the Haleakala crater. One of my fav experiences ever.

800= photos we took! (@least half were probably on the fabulous road to Hana) :)

25+ = times we were called newlyweds and/or I was called "Mrs. (Eric's last name here)." (comedy).

20= approximate letters every street, town, etc had in the name.

4= loaves of yummy local banana bread we consumed. (We ate it like a burrito, straight up bit into the loaf

3= cheeseburgers we ate for lunch @ the hotel beachside/poolside restaurant. fat.kids.on.vacation. (we had fish too....duh...but those burgers were so damn good)

2= people we ran into from Tulsa and ended up having a drink with :)

2= number of books I read (I'd saved the last two Dragon Tattoo books for this trip).

1= day it took us to figure out what mahalo means and use it appropriately

1= gift certificate purchased for dinner at our fav place (Nick's Fish Market to those of you who've been there!) as a wedding present to our friends honeymooning in Maui NEXT WEEK! (the wedding I mentioned taking place this weekend!)

Countless= times I thought "are we really here?!" and didn't feel like I deserved it. Fantastic vacation and some much needed time away.

Looking forward to catching up and seeing what you guys have been up to for the past week! Hope you've had a great one and are gearing up for a fabulous weekend! :)

24 comments:

Meredith said...

I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm sure you guys had such a wonderful time! And I'm not sure if I told you about Nick's Fish Market or if that's just a big coincidence but that was our favorite place too! Probably the best meal we've ever had (and we've had a lot of meals). :) So glad you traveled to Hana--that is such a fantastic experience. Welcome back to the real world. :/

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh I can't wait to hear all about your vacation! From that picture and what you've said, it sounds like it was FANTASTIC!

Lived With Love said...

Ahh Jax it sounds AMAZING!! i can't wait to see the beautiful pics or you two :) you're my fav couple! haha! x

Jon and Steph said...

Wow incredibly beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures. It love looking at warm/beachy pictures, because it's freezing here at the moment!

tootie said...

Glad you had a wonderful time! Can't wait to see more pics!

Brown Girl said...

Glad you had fun, it looks beautiful! Can't wait to see all those pics!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Yay so glad you had fun! Ive missed your post!!

Candace said...

I can't wait to see/read all about it!! SO glad you guys had some qualitly R&R!!!!

Mrs. Ruby said...

VERY smart not posting about going on vaca...I've heard of too many bad things happening!!!
Can't wait to see pics! :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I'm sooo jealous! I know you had a fabulous time. We went there on our honeymoon and had a blast. LOVE Maui!! Glad ya'll made it back safe and sound!

Mrs. H said...

Seeing the picture makes me remember my trip there last February. It seriously is PARADISE! Can't wait to see pics and here all about it!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Glad you guys made it back safe and sound! Looks and sounds like it was SUCH a good trip! Can't wait to see all the pics!

Mateya said...

Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see all the pictures!

Kaitlin said...

Hard to leave, eh?! I nearly cried getting on the plane! The Fairmont Kea Lani is GORGEOUS. Seriously...sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!

Kerr said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see pictures!

Windy City Kelley's said...

Welcome back!!! I can't wait to see pics, I LOVE Maui.

Jenny DB said...

Sounds like an amazing time!! How did you like the dragon tattoo books? I couldn't gobble them up fast enough, so good job ACTUALLY saving them for your trip!!!

Tatiana said...

Jax, that's sooo awesome! I'm so glad you guys had a blast! That view is absolutely breathtaking! I'm excited to see more of your pictures!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Oh oh oooohhhh isn't Hawaii FABULOUS?!?! Glad you had such a nice time!! :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Welcome back!!! Oh my gosh your picture is just amazing! You must post more!

And I think that is such a good idea about keeping that info quiet about when you are away from your house. They did something on the news about that a while ago that I saw. A woman's "friend" on facebook saw she was out of the house and broke in and stold a bunch of stuff but luckily they caught him.

Can't wait to see more pictures!!

Brittany Ann said...

So fun! Welcome back!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Oh boy, that sounds incredible. Can't wait to see more pictures!

In This Wonderful Life said...

how fuuuuuuuun! I bet you guys had an amazing time!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! Sounds like it was a fantastic trip!