First and foremost, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all the men and women and their families who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces to ensure our freedom. Many of my family members are among those who have protected this great country. I am so glad and thankful we have this day in their honor. Regardless how you feel about war, politics, etc, I think we can all agree those men and women deserve a very big thank you. My thoughts and prayers are being sent to those individuals and their families today...
I had Veterans Day off today... I ran many many MANY errands (the drycleaners had to ask me if I had ever been there b/c it's been so long. Oops.)
One of the errands I ran took me to the mall and...........
I got the gold dress!!!! And yes, I took a picture in it b/c (1) I was excited D!llards actually had it and (2) it fit! :) And yes, I also did the skinny-arm-hand-on-hip-pose b/c I did. Whatever. (I actually made a point not to do it a lot in Maui b/c um... I do it a lot. And it looks forced. It also makes arms look skinny so there's that. Anyway, whatever).
Thanks so so so so SO much for all the comments about the dresses! Ya'll motivated me to get off my arse and head to D!llards today. Therefore, you kinda saved yourselves from a post two weeks from now where I whine about the store not having it b/c I waited too long.. haha.. :)And also thanks to Leslie for posting today about Curly Girl Designs! After reading about it on Leslie's blog, I headed over and got my mom a notepad as a stocking stuffer and got myself a notepad with this fun saying... It makes me smirk a little and will be a good addition to my cloffice (cube + office). ;)
Anyway, the site has notepads, ornaments, cards, etc etc... And totally affordable! (My magnetic notepad was 6 bucks!) Thanks, Leslie, for posting about it today!
Having today off was great, but since I have to work tomorrow, I feel like I just had the shortest weekend in the world. Weird...
I'm currently watching Private Pract!ce as I blog.. Do you watch this show? It's getting SO GOOD! I also keep seeing an ad for another promising show that looks like Lost + Greys. (I'm in denial that Lost is really gone). Hope you're gearing up for a great weekend, friends!


17 comments:
loveeee the dress!! I watch Greys Anatomy and sometimes I watch Private Practice-I will probably check out the new show when it comes on!
You absolutely could not be any cuter. I just got your email response to my last comment and was going to write you back when I saw your new post. You are adorable... love the dress, and love that the store had it and you actually got it! :)
It's so funny because (in a non creepy way) I feel like I know you. I was telling Tim about the gold dress and saying I want one like it. I'll have to show it to him ;) BTW - the hand on the hip pose totally works for you... I think its adorable!
Love that dress on you and your pose.. My little sister taught me that one in cabo last year, to think 25 yrs and I never knew the hand on hip trick :)
Also I love greys and PP. PP lately has bEen making me cry. I'm obsessed!
It looks awesome on you!!! And I love that quote on the picture!
loving that dress!!
Seriously...that dress was meant for you!!! It looks faboosh!! So glad you got it
That dress looks amazing! I wasn't sure about it when you posted it the other day (it's so weird how things look completely different as an ad as opposed to in person), but it looks HOT on you! I'm sure Eric will be thrilled :)
I didn't stay up to watch Grey's or Private Practice last night (when it gets dark so early, I pass out early), but I can't wait to catch up tonight!
You look so beautiful in your dress girl! Love it...you can rock the sparkles! : )
SO glad you liked Curly Girl, isn't that site just the BEST?!
Have a fantabulous weekend!
you look beautiful! I'm glad you went and got it! And I love the skinny arm pose :-)
The dress is perfect for NYE!!! Such a cute notepad.
I love that dress!! You look so freaking skinny!!!
The dress looks amazing! And I can't believe you found it at Dillards...definitely a great buy.
That dress looks AH-MAING on you!
Love the dress and the cards are so cute too. :)
the dress looks great! and I am all about the arm pose. who doesnt want skinny arms?!
perfect! it looks great, I knew it would!
maybe the next New Years Eve I can get a "little" dress :)
Oh my gosh that dress is awesome!
Post a Comment