Monday, November 1, 2010

Maui DAY TWO (or half of day two)

Thanks so much for the sweet comments about day one! :) Day two was long because we had the luau that night and I'm way too sleepy to upload our fun luau photos and videos (yes, videos. overboard=us). I wouldn't do em justice right now... (think "this is a Hawaiian dancer. He is good. Goodnight, everyone." haha!) So, I'm stopping at the midway point of our day! 

Day two was seriously two things: (1) beach and (2) luau. Not a bad agenda for the day in my opinion.... haha! :) Sooo... 

We got up and decided to head into Kihei for breakfast (like 5 minutes away). On that note, towns are seriously like miles from each other. One minute, you're in Kihei, the next Wailea, the next.. Anyway, you get it. It took us a minute to understand that. We thought the names were just new streets, not new TOWNS. Anyway, comedy. Okay, so breakfast was fabulous! We read about the french toast, so like true fat kids on vacation, we each got a full breakfast...and then shared an order of french toast. (I mean we HAD to try it. The guidebook said so!). We weren't disappointed and wanted to make it back for another breakfast, but we didn't get the chance to. 

Anyhoo, we walked over to Kalama Park (across the street) and watched some people taking surfing lessons and some school children playing outside with their teachers. (How cool would THAT be? Recess at the BEACH!) Self portrait on our walk...
Got back to the hotel and got our first real daytime glance at our beach through the open air lobby. How.gorgeous. I mean, seriously, you can see straight to the ocean! *wistful sigh* 
 Drawn by the lure of sand in between our toes and sun on our skin, we decided right then and there to toss on the suits and see what our hotel beach had to offer! We weren't disappointed. :)
Didn't take us long to get used to this... ;)
Also didn't take me long to want to take a picture (duh, have we met?!). Anyway, we went for self timed. Eric thought it would take him 5 seconds to reach me, turn around and smile. Um... I'll let you see how that worked out. (The kid makes it even better...hahaha!)
10 second timer=much better idea :) (even though we have no feet. You make sacrifices when it's a self timed photo. Whatever).
Our hotel gave out snorkels, fins, masks, boogie boards, etc to its guests... So of COURSE we needed all of those things. (I looked ridiculous carrying my pile of stuff back to my relaxing spot on the beach...haha). Anyway, I immediately decided I was born to boogie board. I'll let you see how that worked out for me. (*I tried to make the collages bigger, but they kept cutting off on the edges. Boo. You can double click to make them larger).


Our hotel beach behind me! (The building behind me is actually condos to the side of our hotel). And I might start to look a little ridic in my hat, but the ONE day I didn't wear it, my scalp got roasted. Sheesh. Anyway, fedora or bust!
Clouds rolled in a few afternoons around 2:30 in Wailea, but usually cleared up by dinner time. (We didn't have any rain until the last day). By the time the clouds rolled in, we'd already been at the beach like 3 or 4 hours, so we were good to bail and head for our next adventure. 
So, until our next adventure it is.. Next stop, luau! :) Mahalo!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww you guys look cute! I'm so freaking jealous. My desk view is no where as pretty as your view!

Marian said...

Bahahahha...I love that self timed picture...and the little kid makes it a classic!! Everything looks beautiful...makes me want to go....good thing Christmas is right around the corner...I have something to ask for now;)

Candace said...

ugh, the pictures are absolutely beautiful! They literally make me want to jump into my computer screen :) So glad you guys were able to get away! Can't wait to read more, and see the luau adventure!!

Tatiana said...

You guys are adorable! That looks so beautiful! I would have loved to go to the beach for recess!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Beautiful makes me want to return immediately my mom was there last week!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Such gorgeous pics, girlie! I love Maui and now I WANT TO GO BACK!!! Y'all are such a great couple and it looks like such an amazing trip!!

And sidenote, your blog looks GREAT! I have been a horrible bloggy friend and am just now getting caught up on seeing everyone's latest posts, but this looks terrific! It's clean and I love your color palette!

Emily said...

LOVE your pictures, makes me want to go back to badly!!

Kerr said...

your pics are gorgeous! I am so jealous of your vacay and I am sure I will continue to be as you post more pics.

ps. I like the new blog design!

Stacia said...

Awesome pics!! I am ready to go now!

Anonymous said...

cute post lover! your pictures made me miss you :( love the new blog look too! xo! alove!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How great!!! I know the clouds probably weren't great but that picture is awesome!

Unknown said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! I want to go so badly! And you look amazing! Gorgeous pictures.

katandkarl said...

love the postage stamp border pic. GORGEOUS.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love the pics of you guys trying to do the self timer thing!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

haha! I love the outtakes from the timer! We've all been there! Sitting by the beach sounds sooo nice right now....

Lauryl Lane said...

fun fun! that pic with the ominous clouds is GORG. love it! xo