I dunno about you, but every year I (1) like to overthink New Years and (2) end up searching for attire the day of week before. Now, lemme say.... I dont care WHAT I do really...I dont need a fancypants party on New Years. At all. And I actually loathe the idea of a crazy dance floor, lines for drinks, and random wasted girls squealing every 10 seconds about something. (Is anything really that exciting? I mean come on). All I really want is good company (*cough Eric*) :) Yeah yeah insert the "awwww"..or the vomit sound...whichever you prefer. Anyway, all of this said, if I'm going to a party, I want a dress. Not just ANY dress, but THE dress I'll ring in the new year with! And this year, it looks like we're headed to a party. :) So, of course I've already been kinda glancing at dresses with the holiday in mind every time I'm out and about b/c I'm obsessive and crazy.
You see, I've always been weird about New Years. I have no idea why b/c it's really just a day. But, it just seems so..well..meaningful...as lame as that sounds. I remember breaking up with someone once (in like high school) on New Years Eve...just b/c I didn't want to ring in the new year with someone I didn't see actually BEING in my new year. (He was that blonde guy who I'll keep semi nameless but name started with a D...who used to drive off from drive-thrus forgetting to get the food after paying...if any of you remember him... He was pretty and sweet, but the elevator might have stopped before the top floor. Whatever).
Anyway, I'm just saying, I like New Years...the cheesy countdown...the cheersing....the auld lang syne.... Yeah, I like it all...and most of all, I like to be with people I enjoy. :) And if I'm going to wear a dress, it's going to likely be one that I really dig.
So, after all this rambling, I have already found two options thus far (both under $100 bucks!!) that I really like! So, as a break from the vacay posting, I'm sharing them. :) (PS things I'm into this season: lace and sparklies!)
![]() |
| Express dress |
...or it could be fabulous. TBD.
![]() |
| by Calvin Klein |
What about you? Thoughts on New Years? Love it or hate it? Like dressing up or prefer dressing down? With friends or family?
Oh, and guess what I finally got!
Annnnnd while I've got your attn, I bought this new Maybelline Falsies mascara b/c I was wandering around target and it was 5 bucks on the end of some aisle. I thought "why not." Um... get it. Now. It's awesome. Well, don't get it if you have naturally awesome, long, and full lashes. If that's you, I hate you and am incredibly jealous. Kidding...kinda.
And there's your dose of randomness you never asked for. Sorry for the attention deficit nature of this post and the minutes of your life you can't get back. Love and hugs from Tulsa. Hope you have a good hump day, everyone!




22 comments:
I love NYE. So much so that I got married on NYE. ;-) Although, in recent years, my celebration of choice is getting dressed up and going out for a private dinner with my {lovah}. We ring in the New Year, and are in bed by 1AM. Haha. That probably sounds lame, but it really isn't. It's a sweet treat.
Oh and PS. Love dress #2. Sparkle farkle.
I have a gold sparkly dress that looks similar to the one you posted. I wore it for new years the year M and I met, so funny that it's still in style. I should send it to you since I've never worn it since then!
I love both but I think I love the Gold so much more!
omg I was just thinking this morning that I am not a fan of that mascara. I bought it bc someone said it was great, but I do have long, thick lashes and the wand doesn't get all of them. But I'm glad it works for you!!
Love the sparkly dresses!
PS. I'm moving to Tulsa in 2 weeks! Well, Broken Arrow. Same difference!
I am also a huge lover of the Falsies mascara! It is great!
I finally broke down in February and got a Chi, and I do not know how I lived without it!! Ahhh-mazing! I also love the Falsie's mascara, I do 2 coats of the Colossal (yellow tube) then a coat of Falsies, and it is wonderful!
Haha, I feel the same way about New Years Eve. I'm really more concerned about who i'm spending it with. The big parties are unimportant to me, and this year, we are actually going to be out of town at a WEDDING, believe it or not. It'll be different, for sure! Have a good day :)
I think that Calvin Kline number would be perfect!! And if you don't get it, I may:)
Yay for getting a CHI! It will change your life AND your hair ; )
Love the Falsies stuff too!
I'm all about looking hot on NYE...the Calvin dress is sooooo super cute!
Since I got married on NYE, I don't think I'll ever top THAT dress...but it could be fun to try! I wore red shoes and said I wanted to wear them every new years...well last year I was newly pregnant and exhausted and fell asleep before midnight. New Year's FAIL. I'll try better this year. :)
You are an absolute DOLL and you sounds just like me!!! NYE is my favorite by far! By birthday is the first of January, so I like to go all out with ringing in the new year! I LOVE the gold dress! Get it :)
I can't believe this year is already into November either! Just crazy! I love my Chi as well. :)
Love that sparkly dress! I bet it's adorable in person!
I'm not too crazy about New Years...seems like another day to me, but it is nice to spend time with loved ones!
oh my gosh! I just posted a dress that looks almost identical to the gold one on my blog yesterday. However, the one I found is $700. I am so glad you found a cheaper version. SCORE! Now lets hope we dont end up at the same party. ha ha.
You have to get the gold sparkly one... that would be adorable on you! I love it. I am the same way with New Years... for me, every year has been completely overrated! Here's hoping for a good one this year. PS. LOVE that mascara!
Oh yes the sparkly one :)
and that mascara is awesome, I love it!!
I love New Years too! It really does feel like a fresh start to me even though technically I could make a new start whenever.
I just bought the Falsies mascara last weekend and I like it, but I'm still liking Dior more. Oh, well Falsies is MUCH cheaper!
I am right there with you on NYE! And I would definitely go for the gold... There are only so many times during the year where that much sparkle is acceptable, and it's PERFECT for NYE. Plus, it's not silver, so it won't look like a disco ball.
LOVE the Falsies mascara! It is ah-maze-ing.
Perhaps a certain CPA will propose on New Year's?
Just sayin ...
First off, I LOVE reading your blog. You seem so fun!
The mascara is awesome! I bought it a couple weeks ago and it is amazing.
I LOVE FALSIES!!!
and yes, it seems like we were just ringing in 2010. This year has gone unbelievable fast!
I love both of those dresses!!!!
Post a Comment