Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Recap :)

First, THANK YOU for the tips for my New Years Eve dress below! I am TBD on the tights depending on weather... It was like 65 degrees here today! I dunno what it's all about but I am SO okay with it. :) I also may or may not have gotten a spray tan last night... but on the lowest level. So, we'll see if I can break out these legs of mine without blinding people now :)

And I finally stole some pics from Eric from Christmas weekend. Some are from my camera and some are from his...

Okay, so kinda out of order, but whatever... Christmas Eve, after we went to Eric's aunt and uncle's house, I stayed with mom. Even though it's just across town from my house, it's nice to wake up at her house on Christmas morning. :) Since there's just two of us, we usually have gifts opened, breakfast eaten, and Christmas lunch consumed...by liiiiiiiiiiiiiiike 2:30. Whatevs!

Christmas Day with my mamma.... :) 
Gracie looks thrilled....haha... 


Mom and I saw Meet the F0ckers on Christmas Day... Hilarious! :) Even though we're a little fam, we've got a lotta love and I'm so blessed to have her. We've had our growing pains, especially as two chicks living alone when I was growing up after my father passed away (very Gilmore Girls..haha)...but we've definitely grown closer over the years, learned to respect each other's differences, and not sweat the small stuff. She got me some super thoughtful and great gifts. She also (lovingly) teased me for being old since one of the things I asked for was a set of new mixing bowls...haha... Nice. :)

So, like I said above (sorry for being lazy and out of order), Christmas Eve, we went to Eric's aunt and uncle's house. They do a big family Christmas Eve dinner, gift exchange, etc... It just feels so festive and fantastic! :) <-- I know that sounds cheesy, but I'm serious! I am SO glad that I got to celebrate the holiday with Eric's fam again this year. I feel really flattered, blessed, and happy that they include me so much... I've never felt anything less than a part of the family...and that's an awesome feeling. :) His family got me some very generous gifts, including my new love, the Calvin Klein Euphoria perfume I wanted! I can't stop sniffing myself! haha! 
Me and Eric. Duh. 
Eric's sister and me :)
Eric's younger bro, his sis, and him :)

Sooooo the TU bowl game was on Christmas Eve night...and if you've been reading awhile, you know we're all Golden Hurricane fans! So, Christmas Eve was full of the sights and sounds of Christmas....and also of TU cheers...haha! (We won by the way! WOOHOO!)
Eric's dad in between gift opening... :)
Christmas night, after I'd Christmased and then movied (I just made up two verbs..whatever) with my mom and enjoyed some a.mazing enchiladas at Eric's parents' house, Eric and I headed back to his place to exchange! :)

Our gifts are so pretty, right?! :)

Eric told me the gift below was just something little... I opened it...and realized he got me tickets to see Beauty and the Beast when it comes here! YAAAAAAAAAY! Well, the tix weren't on sale yet, so he got me a little kiddie Beauty and the Beast book and put the Performing Arts Center thing in the book..haha! Super excited! 


A random factoid about me.... I compare pretty much every life situation to a Friends' episode...sometimes out loud, sometimes just in my head. Last year, he got me two seasons of Friends...this year, he got me two more! YAY! 
No, I'm not going to bore you with photos of us both opening all our gifts...haha.. So I'll stop here but he was very thoughtful. :) And I HAVE to include one of Eric and the new Kindle I got him! He looks happy, yes? :)

Oh and again with the TU fan thing... I may have purchased a snuggie....a TU snuggie. Haute, right? lol!
Our third Christmas together and I definitely couldn't be happier. He kinda rocks. :)

Anyway, a little belated, but that was my Christmas! :)  

Hope everyone is gearing up for a great New Years! I ALWAYS do a resolution post so it's coming, peeps. I'm serious about those things...resolutions that is...I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll play a little blog catch up and also blog some goals for 2011! My mom AND a good girl friend have come down with...wait for it...WHOOPING cough. What?! Yeah. And they've been vaccinated as kids. So... if I don't wake up coughing, I plan to get a booster as soon as possible. Sheesh! Who woulda thought whooping cough would ever come BACK? Weird. 

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

1. That tree is huge. And gorgeous!

2. You and Eric are so cute together!

3. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas :)

The Undomestic Mom said...

so glad you had a good Christmas! Love that you and your momma are like Gilmore Girls. so cute!

A Compassionate Calling said...

That sounds very similar to my Christmas except that my family has the crazy, festive Christmas Eve celebration and on Christmas morning it's just my fiancée, me, and his mom.

I hope I can be just as serious as you about my resolutions. I mean, I WILL be serious about my New Year's resolutions...

Anonymous said...

awww it looks like a great Christmas!!! Hope you have a great time tonight!

Sarah said...

Oh Jackie, you sound so happy. Merry Belated Christmas and Happy 2011 to you.

xoxo
sarah

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I'm sure there were really awesome gifts in this post...but holy crap girl I LOVE your boots!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! :)

Happy New Year!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like you had a very merry Christmas!!! Hope your nye party plans goes great!

Rosalyn Kay said...

I'm so glad you had such a great Christmas. I just HAD to say that I know exactly what you mean about comparing everything to a friends episode. Seriously, story of my life. In fact, I did it this weekend and confused several people. I think I need to get better about not sharing every single "this is like that episode of friends" thought that crosses my mind! Hope you're having a great day!