![]() |
| Via |
It's that time again... resolution time!
1. Eat more organic and less processed foods.
I don't know about you, but I really could be eating healthier. But sometimes I think I don't really know HOW to eat healthier. I mean....if you give me a bag of cheetos vs an apple and ask me to pick the healthier option, I could do that. Duh. But, I just mean having better nutrition and more balance in my diet....and less crap. It would be better for my skin, my body, my energy...just everything. :)
I decided that my original goal of cutting out ALL processed foods was a little severe (and likely improbable for me), so I'm setting a goal to buy healthier options so I have GOOD food at home, and to really look at ingredients. I read something that said you should look at the ingredients in something...and if most ingredients are things you could buy on your own, that's good!
2. Make more meal plans.
This goes along with number 1. I used to see some of my friends in blogland doing "meal plan Monday" etc... I thought "wow, that's tough to think about a whole week of meals!" I think that's partly b/c I'm single and can forego any meal and head to Bueno at the drop of a hat which is oh so healthy. I started thinking about how the grocery store frustrates me...and how that's mostly b/c I don't really go in with a plan. So, I made a meal plan for the week...and um...I was kinda a rockstar at the store b/c of it. I saved money, got everything I needed, didn't get distracted by randomness (except yogurt covered raisins-YUM)! You meal planners are definitely on to something-I dig this!
3. Give yoga (and/or pilates) a chance.
(You're starting to notice that eating better and my fitness are top of mind as I edge closer to the big three-oh.*nervous*). I've tried yoga. But, I've never tried it consistently enough to even give a real opinion of it. I WANT to like it. *sigh* I'm that girl trying to crane her neck to see the instructor through the room full of people distorting their bodies and seemingly enjoying it. I will go to at least four weeks...er...or maybe two weeks...(haha) worth of consistent yoga classes at my gym before I dismiss it. *affirmative nod*
4. Save money.
This makes the list every year. And every year, I feel like I've done better than the previous year. I've started using Mint dot com recently (if you've never used it; I highly advise!). It aggregates your spending into graphs, etc. And you can set budgets, goals, etc. You can categorize absolutely all of your spending. Annoyingly, it also emails you when you've gone over budget in an area. In December, I got "you've exceeded your budget in restaurants & bars." Gee, thanks, Mint. *eye roll* haha...
5. Travel.
Just as I listed last year, traveling is very important to me. I'm a very plan-making type person; I like them. But, something about knowing time on this planet isn't unlimited makes me want to see as much of the world as I can WHILE I can. I used to be VERY "I'll go there someday..." but now I'm like "I'll go there. Wonder when I could make that happen." As a very "A" type person in some regards, it's easy for me to lose sight of the fact that life is often about experiences, not plans. And traveling often reminds me of that in a very good, very motivating way... especially when with someone I care about. :)
6. Read more.
I like reading. I need to do it more. *glances at new book on dresser that hasn't been cracked yet.* I'd like to read 10 books this year. That doesn't sound like a lot to some of you, but to someone who had all but shunned reading for ANY reason after law school, that's a good goal. :)
7. Go "radio silent" more.
I love twitter. And facebook. But, sometimes I think I get kinda wrapped up in tweeting, texting, facebooking, etc. Our smartphones kiiiiiiiiinda rule our lives these days. I've started going semi radio silent on the weekends...or at least Fri night/Sat...and it's kinda freeing! :)
There are a few things on my mind that I'm not really sure how to put into resolutions..*shrugs* :) Basically, I want to focus on breathing more deeply, stopping to smell the roses, loving my family and friends, continuing to get to know myself (I think too many people lose sight of this one), challenging myself and doing what I can to make 2011 count!
Do you make resolutions? If so, what are some of yours?

13 comments:
If I would have listed them out, those would have been mine. haha! Your package was mailed Friday morning!
omg hubs and I JUST sat down last night to talk about money. I brought all our debt together on a freakin' textpad file. That mint site would have been so much more helpful!! lol One of my resolutions is to definitely save money. Another is to drink more water... sounds stupid I know. And another was to be more positive. Lets see how all those go! lol good luck!
Love the resolutions!! I'm not really going to make any this year, but just try to be a better person overall...which would include eating better, working out more, trying to do a little more magic in the kitchen and of course saving. Happy 2011
Nothing wrong with eating better. You are one of the smart ones that is figuring out PROCESSED foods = BAD BAD BAD!!!! My man is very gung-ho about that stuff. Last night I whined that I wanted a cookie and he pretty much shook his head at me saying a cookie had all the processed sugar in it blah blah. At first I felt bad, but at the same time I'm glad he lectured it on me because HE"S RIGHT! ha if only he could read that.
I love all of these! I think I need to steal most of them to add to my list!
These are all great! Travel is going to be my #1 resolution too!
Our resolutions are pretty much the same thing! Good luck:)
you came up with some good resolutions! I am going to have to check out mint.com. that sounds like it would be perfect for me. I have a tendency to meal plan and then screw it at the last minute when someone says lets grab dinner. I am a sucka for eating out. esp mexican :)
I think your resolution list is fabulous! I vote for saving more, traveling more, reading more and in the meantime have a great year! You can do it girl!
This is a great resolution list Jax! I would LOVE to travel more, but with a brand new baby, I have a feeling that it won't happen too often...
Saving money is always on my list as well, and I really hope to be able to do a better job at it this year. Here's to a great year for all of us!
Great list! I just blogged about money saving and I recently signed up for Mint too! (The alerts crack me up- it told me I went over my shopping budget in December--no surprise). Meal planning is so helpful- saves time/money! Happy 2011!
I've been doing yoga about once a week for awhile now. I'm still not sure what to think about it. Sometimes I like it because it gives me an hour to not think about work and sort of relax. But on the otherhand I don't burn 500 calories like I would doing cardio. I've been told to keep going and I will see a change so I guess I will.
Al
New follower here! :)
My resolution is to get healthy. My hubby and I are working together to get fit!
xoxo
Post a Comment