Remember when I went to Hawaii...back in October? And remember when I made you read about it post after picture-filled post? And remember how you thought I was done? haha.. Yeah, I recently realized I wasn't, but then never got around to doing the rest...
Okay, so with the foot of snow still sitting outside...and my shovel leaning against the door, my hat and gloves all ready for me to put on again tomorrow, there's no time like the present for a beach fix via blog. :)
Day 7 was our last full day in Maui. We hit the beach a little on day 8 before our flight, but there are a lot of frowns in those pictures...haha.. I'll add that post sometime this week and link all the others (b/c I KNOW you can't wait to recap it all again...haha.. ) Sorry for the rambling blogs, but a lot of this is for my memories too, ya know... :)
Okay, so day 7... We woke up and were eager to hit the beach! This picture makes me feel even lazier for not hitting the gym in all this snow....or at all recently...*head hung in shame* I'd worked out so much before Maui and was so proud of myself... *sigh* I need to get my rear back in gear.
We should really teach a class in self timer 101. We rock.
*wistful sigh*
Can't have a full day on the beach without boogie boards.. duh.
Yeah, I did this. And then I made Eric do it too. Whatever.(I also wrote Aloha, Jackie and Eric, and drew a heart. Sand writing and I became friends.)
This video turned out rather cool. :) Makes me feel like my feet are still in the sand. :)
Eric and me... er... Eric's feet and me... :)
A good book. Beach chairs. Umbrella. Sound of the waves. View of paradise. *ahhhhhhhhh*
He kinda rocked the boogie board. I caught a few good waves (and didn't embarrass myself...always a bonus), but when I got sand in places I didn't really enjoy (haha), I decided to sun myself and photo Eric catching waves. :)
This video makes me smile.
See Eric?! Clouds rollin in... I was trying to be artsy. Whatev.
Dinner at the FABULOUS restaurant in our hotel, Nick's. We'd read amazing things about it and then realized it was IN our hotel! Heck yeah! We opted to wait til the last night to go...and that was a good choice. Fabulous last dinner... :) I got the dress in Maui the night I went shopping when Eric had a migraine. I now call it my "Maui dress." :)
Please note that one arm is MUCH more sunburned than the other...haha... I may have not realized half my body was under the umbrella while the other half wasn't... Oooohwell!
When we sat down, the table next to us had just received some awesome flaming dessert. We looked at each other and said "We're so getting that." Soooo we did. I mean, hello.. it was on FIRE! And lookie at the pretty design the server made on my plate while I was sitting there!
Seriously the best service I've ever had and amazing food. Those people take their jobs SERIOUSLY. I went to the bathroom and was walking back to the table and I walk fast... okay, right... Well, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a server RUNNING to beat me to the table to pull my chair back out! Okay okay, she was walk-running, but still! I stammered at thank you, but was totally floored. Eric and I also had a bet that I couldn't drink all my water before they filled it up again. He won. Pretty funny, but seriously an outstanding experience. :) This is the place we ended up getting a gift certificate for my friends honeymooning there the week after we went! They had a the same outstanding experience! (We also planned pictures in the exact same spot a week apart in the hotel lobby... kinda cheesy, but I love it.) :) If you go to Maui, eat at Nick's. Trust me.
They changed the carpets in our elevators with the Hawaiian greeting/English greeting according to the time of day. Kinda fun! (ignore the water spots from someone who'd likely been at the beach before us).
No, we didn't drink too much..haha... We really were this relaxed by the end of the vacation... (these pics crack me up and make me smile).I'll do the very final post this week... after I watch all my videos from Maui at least 100 times a few times to re-live the beach... :)
I have some funny pics of G dog in the snow this week, too... and a video. She may have chased a squirrel under the back deck and somehow gotten stuck under it. Good grief...haha... I love that little dog. Finally got my car out today! Yesterday, went out and about a little w Eric. I'll do a weekend recap soon. We're expected to get 5-10 more inches this week. If we do, we'll beat our record for amount of snow in an entire winter....in a two week time frame. Crazy!
Signing off with visions of Maui on the brain... Much love, friends! Hope the weekend was great!
21 comments:
Damn you for posting summer beachy pics.
I love reading your Maui recaps- fun to read on a very dreary day! Seeing all the pictures makes me extra excited to plan our honeymoon. I hope the snow isn't too bad for you this week!
This was torture!!! (I mean, I'm secretly just jealous) I can't wait to go to Maui one day - so fun! Y'all are the cutest.
Look at you in that itsy bitsy teeny bikini! Looks like an amazing day! Totally jealous as I look at our mountain of snow!
Hey girl! You getting us all pumped up for the summer weather?! LOVE IT ♥ Hope all is well & you're staying warm.
Lol I always feel so weird when they fill my cup up that much... like, i'm a polite person, and i end up saying thank you 72 times during one meal lol. It looks like you guys had a blast though. your bikini pic just told my brain that it NEEDS to work out tonight.
ahhhh the beach sounds so amazing. I cant wait for warm weather!
I know I always say it, but you guys really are the cutest couple!
What a great thing to dream about after this past week! You look amazing!
so i have to admit, your post made me hate you just a teeny tiny bit! ha! you should be proud of your hard work at the gym, you look great!!! happy monday, friend!
I just love Hawaii. I am trying to get an invite from my mom when her and my aunt go in April. I have never been to Nick's but will have to add it to places to go while I am there next!
I LOVE that you posted more Hawaii pics. My hubby and I can't wait for our trip this fall. My goal is to look just as good as you when we go.
I loved reading all of your recaps... I've always wanted to go to Hawaii!
I had no idea HI's beaches were that pretty! Love your dress too. I am definitely dreaming of the tropics now!
You look so good! I definitely need to get back in shape ugh! Hawaii is my dream vacation!
Well I think you've completely inspired me to work out tomorrow. Ahhhhh, you went on this vacation months ago and I'm still COMPLETELY jealous. Thanks for reminding me ;)
I think if we all pool our money, we could get a one-bedroom and share. :)
so so so jealous!
Looks like so much fun! What hotel did you stay at?
Ahh, I wish I was there! I absolutely love that dress! You and your man look so happy in these pictures!
Yay for more vacation recaps!! That beach and blue water is sooo making me want to hop on a plane right now to Maui! And could your swim suit be any cuter. And to add salt to the wound, we have more cold in store for us tomorrow.... wah wahhhhh
Post a Comment