We officially set records in Tulsa.. the most snowfall in an hour... the most snowfall in February...the most snowfall in....well...lots of things.. haha... We set records, people. Trust me. The official total for Tulsa was around 14 inches. A suburb area where my friend lives got TWENTY inches.
Whoa.
It's the subject of everyone's facebook, twitter, blogs, etc. around here...and yeah, I'm joining that bandwagon and blogging about it. :)
Get this...I cannot open the back screen door against the weight of the snow blocking it..haha.. I had to shovel a little path for G dog to go in the front yard and go to the bathroom. She is NOT pleased-lemme tell ya. Oh and uh... since this isn't something we're used to, I didn't have a snow shovel...and neither did the stores I went to yesterday looking for one. So, I may have used a dustpan to shovel a doggie path...haha. Whatever, I'm creative. Or something.
I took a few pics of my yard and stuff, but I haven't downloaded them. You can't even see where my deck ends and where the yard begins in some places... *yikes!*
Since I haven't downloaded my pics, I stole some of my friend, Matt's, pics from facebook....(If you're reading, Matt, these are AWESOME!!)
Yeah, the below is kinda what some of the streets look like... You see...here in Tulsa, people often think "Oh, it's just snow.. I'm not at all familiar with snow, but I should definitely try to drive in it in my non-four-wheel-drive-car...." You can imagine what happens. I know some people HAVE to get out in it, so I know a lot of people aren't out there by choice. :(
I'm very thankful to have not lost power or anything, especially with below zero temps coming our way. *knock on wood* I lost cable and internet for a little while earlier today, but to my surprise our internet provider, Cox, was FABULOUS and not only provided great customer service when I called, but also got my services back on in the middle of a blizzard! I guess my whole area was in an outage. Major kudos to them. I'm totally fist bumping them from my blog. Thanks, Cox!I was able to get a loaner laptop from work so now that my internet is back up and running, I can work from home. Since the temps aren't supposed to above 15 tomorrow, I highly doubt any of this will melt, so I'm pretty cool with hanging with Gracie dog and not going outside. My back tires on my car are completely buried except for the very top. Something tells me that means I shouldn't drive right now...;)
Due to my job, I spent a large portion of the day on phone calls with an incident response team, figuring out what to do/say in response to all this weather business. Have to say I'm pretty impressed with how my work is prepared for things like this and it's cool to be a part of it all. :)
Gracie dog keeps staring at me like I personally caused it to snow. Poor thing. She walks outside, realizes the snow it still there and looks at me like "Whatthehell?" :)
Hope you're safe and sound, friends! Very blessed and thankful to be in a warm home with power, groceries, and a job that lets me work from home if the roads are bad... Oh..and in reference to my previous post, I TOTALLY got wine. I waited in a ridiculous line for it, but I got it. Tulsans apparently freak out at the idea of not being able to drink for 2 days judging from that line....haha... But, glad I got some vino! *happy sigh* I also ate A LOT. What is it about being home all day that makes you wanna eat from boredom? Goodness.


17 comments:
Oh my gosh I ca't get over all the snow! I'm so glad to hear that you are safe and staying warm. What a mess!!!
wow girl that is a lot of snow! i hope i don't run into that much snow when i head back to UT...i'm having a giveaway if you have time to stop by, xo!
thanks for the shout on the pictures!
Be safe in that mess...... unfort. we are having 70 degree weather here today in Virginia Beach! But don't get to jealous... the high tomorrow is only suppose to be 38!
This weather is crazy!!!! Stay warm!
That's a lot of snow!! Glad you are safe, warm and have wine to keep you company :)
Wow girl that is a lot of snow! And I am used to snow, but yikes!
Glad you are safe and warm...oh and that you have the essentials too :)
aw, poor gracie! :( she's too cute.
glad to hear you are doing well hun! stay warm and enjoy the wine!
Totally understand about the wine! The line at the liquor store was longer than the line at the grocery store!
I can't imagine having to deal with that much snow. Here in St. Louis, we ended up with about 2" of pure ice and a bit of snow on top of it. We dodged this blizzard bullet!
yikes! that is a ton of snow! so pretty though :) we, unfortunately, got mostly ice. boo! I think a 'sweats' day is perfect! I was home with ava yesterday, and we didn't get out of our jammies :) I had to rough it in to the office today, so that required dress! ha! stay warm!!!
Wow those pictures are absolutely crazy. I know we're "lucky" here in Seattle NOT to have that crazy storm but I have to admit part of me is jealous... something about snow storms are just so fun. AND OMG the thought of Gracie out there, she'd like... drown or something.. how does she navigate??? I mean, beyond the dust pan path!
Wow the snow looks like fun with the right apparel on! Love your blog title- very creative ;)
I seriously cannot get over how much snow you guys got. Those were incredible pictures!! And I can totally relate with Gracie, every time I walk outside and see it I think "whatthehell" as well. :)
that is some serious snow! I feel sorry for lil Gracie, hope it melts soon!
Guinness gives us the same "whatthehell?!" look. LOL
Wow! You did get a ton of snow! I saw some of the pictures you tweeted and it looked rough! Glad you have power and internet!
Post a Comment