Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So What..and What I'm Loving!

I rarely get to participate in all the fun weekly blog topics some of ya'll do b/c work gets busy, evenings get busy...and I'm left reading all of these things on your blogs a few days late. *le sigh* (excuses excuses..haha). :) BUT as I sit here snowed in and working from home, I want to play along! Soooo... without further adieu, my So What Wed and What I'm Loving Wed! :)

Hosted by Shannon  at Life After I "Dew"

Photobucket

So what if....
* All I've been eating for every meal since the snow hit...is PW's Chicken Spaghetti... haha.. It's so good! (PS Im so bummed about the weather canceling her book signing for tomorrow here. Oh well..next time!) 

* I went on a cleaning streak earlier, but then it died somewhere in the middle of cleaning. As an example: sheets are clean, but have been in the dryer 3/4 of the day. Whatever. 

* I got all bundled up and went outside...but only to take pictures and run back inside 10 minutes later. 

* The IDEA of sledding and stuff sounds great. The acting on it sounds horrible. It's really.freaking.cold! 

* I totally thought I'd start reading that book beside my bed I've been saying I "dont have time" to read. I haven't even picked it up despite being snowbound for almost 48 hours now. Us Weekly might be another story. And Real Simple. And the VS Swim catalog. 

* I've been waking up at my normal time and pretending like I'm actually going to work - showering, blowdrying, putting on some (albeit minimal) makeup, etc. It makes me feel more awake to work from home that way...even though I end up putting on sweats after I get ready...haha.. :) 

* That gnomeo and juliet movie looks frightening to me, not cute...haha! Gnomes.freak.me.out. 



Hosted by Jamie  at This Kind of Love
I'm LOVING:

* eye creams & face serum. I'm officially getting old to even say that...haha! But, Sephora gave me some samples when I was there last and during the snow days, I've felt the need to try them all. Sometimes at once...haha... whatever. I already had some I liked, but now I have like FIVE. :) I have a very well-moisturized face right now.

* Moroccan Oil! I know I blogged about it when I ordered it, but then never said anything. I've been using it for a week and it's pretty fantastic! I got the light version since I have really fine, blonde hair. I just put like a dime sized portion in my palm and then rub it through my damp hair before I blow dry and it makes my hair SO soft and shiny, but surprisingly not weighed down! The thing I notice most is the way it feels... :) I just ordered a small bottle on amazon and I can tell it will last me a long time!

* Pinot Noir. I've always been a white wine kind of girl...and I still am. But, someone convinced me to try a pinot noir when I said I didn't like reds b/c they're too "oak-ey" and a little bitter. Anyway, good recommendation! I've tried it and liked it a few times and even purchased a bottle before this storm hit. :)

* Ellen! I freaking love the Ellen show. She makes me laugh out loud. I just turned it on to play in the background and remembered how much I dig her. I should totally set the DVR daily.

* I think I've figured out what I want to do to celebrate the big three-oh this year! (yikes by the way). I'm excited! :)

* Gracie dog. She's such a trooper in this weather and such a great companion while I'm stuck at home.  Today, she walked in my already-created footsteps to go outside and go to the bathroom. Seriously, she walked the entire path I'd created. And then she came back in and was so frozen, she was shivering! But her tail was wagging! So cute.

* New eyeglasses! I have yet to actually order said glasses, but it's been YEARS since I even took enough initiative to try on frames. My glasses are aboooout 4 prescriptions behind b/c insurance only pays for either contacts OR glasses each year...and I always opt for contacts. Anyhoo, I found some I like and am super excited to get them! Will post more about them when I do! :) I think Kelsey inspired me with her super cute frames!

Tomorrow's plan: Borrow neighbor's shovel and dig myself out of the driveway. Maybe.

If I don't blog tomorrow, wanted to remind everyone that Feb 4th is National Go Red for Women day! Be sure to wear some sort of red for women's heart health awareness on Friday, friends!

25 comments:

Jane said...

Thanks for reminding me that I have laundry in the dryer. Shoveling snow = absolutely hideous worst job ever. I did it for 20 minutes and I think I might die because we only finished 1/4 of our driveway!

Brittney said...

I have the VS Swim catalog too sitting on my bedside table.... maybe I will order tonight!!

Laura said...

I'm definitely more of a white wine girl, but I LOVE pinot noir. Glad to hear you are liking the Moroccan oil too!
Stay warm!!

Claire Kiefer said...

I turn 30 this year too--eeeek! My bday is August, when's yours? I love bloggers my age, cause so often the blogs I read say things like "omg I'm turning TWENTY FOUR in two days" and I'm like--shut it, girl! haha.

I'm dying to try Moroccan oil--if it works that well, maybe I can save money on Brazilian blowouts!

Lenzi @ Homemade Happiness said...

What is it with dogs and paths?! My sis has a yorkie and she walks perfectly along stepping stones, curbs, flowerbed borders...it's insane!

Shannon Dew said...

I'm with you. The snow LOOKS pretty and then it ends!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

haha... love all of these, of course! But I have days like that (putting laundry in then it sits in the drier) all the time!! The motivation just comes and goes!! :)

Kaitlin said...

I'm going to have to try this oil you speak of...I've heard a lot of hype, so I need to see what's it all about! PW's chicken spaghetti is amazing. Some friends brought us that when we had Leighton and it has become a staple when delivering food to others! Hope this snow melts soon, I've got cabin fever like you wouldn't believe!

Sierra said...

aww, i want a Gracie dog someday and hooray for the M. oil, i have some but never use it. i need to use mine pronto! also - glad you are thinking about getting eye glasses, be sure to grab the code from my blog to save a buck or two! i want to see the pic of your hot glasses too if you get some!

Marian said...

Um, I'm also not a fan of having to drag the sled back up the hill as well. Blah. But wish we had some snow days over here.

Annie said...

oh, i love the ellen show too!! any days i have off from work i always watch!!
poor gracie :( time for winter coat and boots ;) my gussy is a little guy but he loves playing outside in the snow.
interested to hear what your plans are for your b-day this year!!
good luck tomorrow if you dig out!! drive safe and stay warm hun!

Anonymous said...

I love Ellen! She cracks me up and has such a good personality! And I have to say that I think the Gnomeo and Juliet movie looks really cute :) sorry!! lol

Morgan said...

OMG my mom and I have been talking about how sledding used to be sooo fun. Now it sounds miserable. Why would I want to go outside and be cold? That's just silly. ha!

I'll let you know when PW's book signing is rescheduled. She's currently stuck in Hotlanta. She can't even make it back to Tulsa!

Kerr said...

I am def going to get some moroccan oil now. I have fine hair too and I was worried it would be too much. But now that you said it doesnt weigh your hair down, I am going for it. Thanks!

Kelly said...

I always start a cleaning spree then give up halfway through; I leave clothes in the dryer forever! Also, the Gnomeo and Juliet movie looks extremely creepy to me too!

Mateya said...

I always do the half cleaning thing too...I get really excited and start like 5 things and then they each only get half done because I get sick of cleaning...oh well.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh my gosh I am obsessed with Moroccan hair oil too! Seriouly it has transformed my hair and worth every penny!

-Sam I Am- said...

Ok, I am CONVINCED that we would be best friends haha!

I LOVE PINOT, MOROCCAN OIL, and pretty much just agree with everything you have to share :)

You are simply adorable and I am so glad we are blog buds my dear!

Jamie Pickle said...

I totally need to figure out what I'm doing for my 30th but I'm stuck. Everyone wants to know so they can start planning and I keep saying that I have no clue!

I love reading Real Simple, they have so many good ideas. Although, I never follow through on the ones I want to steal :)

Anonymous said...

omg i love your blog :) I love love love Real Simple because they have great ideas for free/great price! Your post is great! i'm def going to follow now!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I cannot wait to see your frames jax as they will hopefully be perfect for the price!!! And you better believe I am wearing red tomorrow, thanks for the reminder!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I hope you can dig out tomorrow!! Enjoy the time at home and getting to catch up on stuff! Fun!

Brittany said...

I need to get some of this moroccan oil stuff! I've heard so many great things about it.

LOVE Ellen. She cracks me up :)

Can't wait to see your new glasses!

Brittany said...

P.S - I love your new header!

Meghan said...

I used to be a white wine fan and now I like red, especially pinot noir! Ditto on loving PW chicken spaghetti, SO GOOD. Hope you're not snowed in anymore! :)