Blogging with my feet up, in casual shorts and an old sorority shirt, watching the Oscars! :)
How was the weekend, friends?! Mine? I'll just dive right in!
Friday, a group of us headed to Ghostland Observatory's concert. I'd never been, but Timberly guaranteed me lots of (1) dancing (2) glow sticks and (3) laser lights! I mean, she had me at glow sticks... :) So, Friday, I tossed on some tights under jean shorts (b/c that made me feel rocker-chic), booties, and off we went for a random good time!
We started at our friend, Julie's, where we got the glow sticks ready... or let them confuse us.. or whatever..
Then, we took some sassy photos... duh... :)
I found this guy at Julie's... I decided to take him with me b/c he seemed like a good date... ;)
We opted to take a group pic of the girls.. But, we had to stop dancing long enough...We had to get Britney (the dog) in it too-duh! :)
It was a packed house at the Cain's Ballroom! The Cain's is a fabulously historic venue here in T-town that always gets outstanding-and often eclectic-acts. It's been around since the 1920s!Don't know who Ghostland Observatory is? Lemme help... Here's what it looked like in there...
(Hello awesome!)And here's a video of what it actually was like! (Not my video. I was too lazy to upload mine, so I just stole one from youtube). Just picture re-living your college days, dancing your booty off, and wearing glow sticks while laser lights burst everywhere.... There ya go! :)
I
Our feet hurt, a glow stick burst on my shirt, and our ears were ringing....In other words, a good time was had by all! haha... :)
Saturday was much more low key.... :) Eric and I headed to his friends' wedding shower at In the Raw, a local sushi place. :) Check out these AWESOME cupcakes someone made....Those things on them.. swedish fish! ha! How adorable right?! She wrapped them in black construction paper and used white sprinkles to look like rice!
Here we are with the bride and groom! :)
From there, we headed home to watch tv and be fabulously lame... Busy weekend!
Today has been filled with a trip to the gym (go me!), errands, errands, errands, cleaning, and now the Oscars! Hope you had a great weekend, friends!
Advice needed!
Oh and this is random and unrelated, but if you know of a good somewhat-matte bronzer, please advise. I currently use two-faced..and I like it, but it's kinda shimmery. I'm using more now with my newly brunette-ness and need a good one that isn't too fakey-shimmery for everyday wear. :)

20 comments:
Fun pictures! I am loving your brown hair!
i love the tarte matte waterproof bronzer! the waterproof part is great bc i like that is lasts longer than the usual!
here's a link to the bronzer:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P262113
PS i love your bangs and dark hair - cute!
How fun does that look!! And I'm loving your dark hair!
Love your fun pictures... and isn't channeling your college days fun!? haha!! :)
Cute pictures & as for bronzer I use Bobbi Brown and I love it. Aruba 4 !
that looks fun, and i like ghostland, but there is no way i would ever wear heels to cains! ouchie!
Smashbox and MAC both have good matte bronzers.
I love your hair!!
1) I'm loving that hair color!!!
2) Looks like you had a kick-ass weekend!!
Looks like such a fun weekend!
Sounds like a fun weekend! I love Clinique bronzer- it looks a little shimmery in the compact, but it does not go on shimmery at all. I use the lightest shade and it's perfect all year round-- even in my pale days of winter!
omg those cupcakes look awesome!
I use Body Shop bronzer. So random but I had a giftcard and I noticed it has no shimmer so I jumped on it. My skin is on the oily side so I cant do the shimmer bronzer.
I use Rimmel London's Natural Bronzer. It's fairly inexpensive, but it lasts all day. It looks like it contains a bit of a shimmer in the canister (is that what you call it?) but when you apply it, its matte. I use it both in the winter & summer as a finishing powder so that I don't look ghostly!
how fun! you look SO good as a brunette..Im so jealous that you can pull off 2 hair colors!
That looks so fun!
What a fun night! I would LOVE to go to a concert like that. For bronzer I use Mac. It works great.
That place looks awesome!! And I love the cupcakes, too cute.
I love those cupcakes! What a great idea.
Oh my gosh those cupcakes are awesome looking! I am totally jealous of you wearing that outfit. I do not have the confidence to rock tights under jeans like that!
Post a Comment