Friday, April 15, 2011

I have a royal obsession...

It's Friday. I'm finishing a project I haven't had time to finish all week b/c meetings and other stuff ate my schedule. *picture pacman eating my outlook calendar...b/c that's what I just pictured...*

Need a quick break from the daily grind? Lemme help...

I've been obsessed with Ms. Middleton and her suitor for a few weeks now. Not like creepy obsessed... but just obsessed. I read a newsweek article b/c my interest was already peaked, but yeah.. now it's official. Thanks, a lot newsweek. ;)

The article: an excerpt and the full link:
When Catherine Elizabeth Middleton marries William Arthur Philip Louis Windsor, a prince of the royal blood, in Westminster Abbey on April 29, she will be scoring a number of firsts. Kate will be the first royal bride to have a university education, the first to live with her husband before marriage, the first to have a mother who used to be a flight attendant. Most impressively of all, Catherine will one day be the first queen of the realm to have fallen over at a roller disco in a pair of yellow hot pants.

From this site (check it out-it's funny)

If I was a morning person, I'd SO be going to a local movie theater where they're actually catering breakfast and broadcasting the wedding! (How freaking cool is that?!) And I'd prolly wear a fasinator. B/c um.. Kate makes these crazy headpieces haute. I'm just saying...

You go, girl! (Yup, said 'you go girl' to the future princess)
My point here: Kate rocks! This wedding is gonna be awesome. I'll be awake watching it. And likely tweeting with any of you also watching it (please say I won't be alone!). Okay, resume your life now...:)

(Have a great weekend! I need to play blog catch up this weekend after another meeting-heavy week). :)

19 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Yay I just found you on twitter!

katie@tulsadetails said...

I should send you some of the cutest royal cupcakes I have come across!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

oh my gosh I am FULLY obsessed too!! Seriously I am beyond excited!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I can't wait!! Mostly I want to see her dress.....hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

Katie Potter said...

I can't wait to see it!!

Kate said...

I am really excited about it too! Can't wait to see the lifetime movie on Monday either. Yay for Royal Weddings, they are the best!

ty said...

I hope it lives up to the hype ... a modern-day Princess Di!

Annie said...

i have to be honest, i have not been following the royal wedding at all. i feel like the only one not interested.

anywho, hope you have a great weekend pretty girl!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I haven't been obsessed with the wedding but if I'm awake and not working I'll be watching the wedding and of course tweeting.

Tiffany said...

Oh I'm totally obsessing! I need to google to see what time the wedding will be airing here....can't wait! :)

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I love that a local theatre is hosting a party! I haven't heard anything like that around here, but I'm definitely waking up early and watching the WHOLE thing. :) SO excited!

Amanda said...

I don't have tv so can't watch it (so many sads) but I love the whole thing :) I was going to point you in the direction of the katemiddletonforthewin if you hadn't seen it already, but clearly you are 2 steps ahead, ha! It cracks me up.

sassyshoediary said...

It's on my birthday, yay!

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed too! 3 of my girlfriends and I will be watching it (a few hours later on DVR because of our LAST law school final) with tiaras and champagne!

Mistakenly Misunderstood said...

I'm following you now from Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking

Britt said...

You will not be alone! I will be in Atlanta for a friends wedding and I can't wait to wake up early with my mom and watch this event. 6 AM will come early but will be well worth it:)

Unknown said...

And in 1 hour the Lifetime movie starts! I just happened upon your blog - I'm not sure via
"who" but, I love it! And I'll be back for more...

Miss Chelsea said...

"picture pacman eating my outlook calendar...b/c that's what I just pictured..."

^^ HAH! Love it.

Anonymous said...

I honestly cannot wait until the 29th! I don't have a DVR anymore though, so I'm hoping I can watch it online *fingers crossed*