It's definitely spring b/c the wind is blowing our screen door and gate loudly warning of a storm tonight... I think the wind might also be interfering with the interweb (I really like the word "interweb") connectivity b/c you don't even WANT to know how long these photos took to upload. What the hey?!
Anyhoo... This weekend was great! I've come to the realization (awhile ago) that when I have nothing to do, I manage to still make myself incredi-busy. But, whatever; at least I was productive.. *shrugs*
Okay, soooo.. Thursday, Eric and I attended a fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis. :)
Don't we clean up nice? haha.. I tease.Ran into this lovely lady and her husband. :) We actually did dinner with them on Saturday night, too!
Eric
Event= good cause, good time. :)
Friday=Mexican food. Duh. ;) We went home and rented Monsters on Netflix. Independent flick on $15K budget... Has gotten some awesome reviews so we went for it. Not bad at all! Sound effects were great. Scenery was good. Actors were good. If you don't like sci-fi, you won't dig it. Anyway, I do like sci-fi...and liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would. (Picture me groaning as Eric selected it on Netflix and possibly uttering "I'm just gonna fall asleep on the couch. Blah." hahaha).
Saturday, mom and I had lunch with my aunt and uncle that are in town from Virginia, then Eric and I headed to a great dinner with that cute blonde from the above photo and her husband. :) Tried a local place, Lucky's, we hadn't tried before. All of us were really impressed. Great food and great service. :)
I also spent the bulk of my day enjoying the great weather by clearing our yard of leaves, weeds, and planting flowers! Lemme tell ya about my flower experience at Lowe's. A glimpse into my brain on Saturday: "Wait, that one says SOL which means sun... I'm down with the flower lingo... Wait..is my flower bed really sunny? I mean, it kinda is.. I think it's prolly shadier than sunnier...hm...I wonder how much sun these people determined this plant needs?! Who are these people anyway-plant whisperers?! What if mine isn't enough sun?! Ohmygawd I'm gonna kill this plant, aren't I?" I did this with um.. almost every plant. #noideawhatI'mdoing I wouldnt ask for help either. That would have been too easy. I'm learning here, people. Anyway, after an extended time in the garden section of Lowes, I picked out and then planted some pretty hostas, little purple plants (no idea) and some begonias. :) Pretty proud of mah-self, friends. Pretty proud indeed...haha.. :)
Sunday, took G dog to run errands with me, cleaned the casa, and then had dinner with Eric, my mom, and my aunt and uncle in town. :)
Great to see my fam and also great that Eric got to meet my aunt and uncle for the first time. :) When I was a kid, we took lots of family vacations together. :) My aunt and uncle have one daughter, Karissa, around my age. It worked out to have two little girls around the same age for trips, etc. :) My cousin now has two little ones and another on the way! :) I often wish we all lived closer b/c my cousin and I were like sisters as kiddos even though we lived hundreds of miles apart.
Reason 204 why I want my bangs to grow out more: so they STOP doing whatever the hell they're doing in the above picture. Sheesh....
Anyway, amazing how weekends seem to go so fast....*sigh*
Tomorrow, I'm going to see.... LADY GAGA! Upon evaluation of my wardrobe tonight, I've realized I own nothing suitable for Gaga... But then again, who does? Should be good times, friends! Pics to come... :)

18 comments:
I hate that stage where your bangs are too long to behave and too short to hide away! Mine do that all the time, and it seems like its always right after I go get them done!
Pretty jealous that you're going to see Gaga! Just wrap yourself in saran wrap and tie your hair into a bow and you'll fit in just fine. ;)
I didn't even notice your wayward bangs, haha. I think you look great!
*sorry in advance for typos, doing so in bed on my Droid :)
Tomorrow is going to be total awesomesauce and you didn't even rub it in my face. Hmm what to wear ... anything but your jcrew shorts that i love as her crazy monsters would think you're preppy-magee. Haha lovessssss. Gabe told me the other day while we were watching biggest loser that I should wear my hair in braides, and here you are pulling it off so nicely. Of course you pull off anything! Ps I'm texting you in the am my hair because you're probably sleeing now .... eeek!
You guys look great in the CF event pics! And, I love Lucky's! We tried it out a few months ago and I have now been back 2 additional times...I think the name is misleading :)
I'm letting my bangs grow out too, they do the same thing yours do and I'm tired of dealing with it haha.
I hate when my bangs are like that too! So frustrating!
You and Eric look great in the first pic!
So jealous your seeing Gaga! Can't wait to see pics!
I love your hair in that cute braid! Super cute! You and Eric sure do clean up nicely and I really like the color of your hair right now. I always find that I like my hair color best about 2 weeks or so after it is colored. And is it sad that I looked at your pic from dinner w/ the family and my first thought was "OH, I think they went to Charleston's." Bryan and I officially eat there way too much. Have a good Monday :)
You guys look so so pretty/handsome all dresses up!
I want a full recap of Gaga! She is seriously the best concert I've seen! Paws up!
You guys do clean up nice! A girl I work with is going to GaGa tonight and she is sooooo excited! She's even taking tomorrow off to recover, haha!
Love your dress that you wore at the CF event!!! I am
Flower challenged too. Thank goodness for my mom or else everything would be dead a week after planting.
Have fun at Gaga tomorrow. I'm planning on planting some flowers in the next week or so and I seriously doubt I will be able to keep them alive! ha ha
My, you guys look spiffy :-) Have a great time at the concert!
Way to go with the flower-planting! Way for being domestic! ;-) Yes, you and Eric DO clean up well... hope Gaga was fun. My "Tulsa" feed on facebook was just status update after status update about Gaga. Haha. Seems like everyone I know in Ttown attends all the same concerts. Good times. xoxo
You two make a gorgeous couple and I'm still loving the brunette Jax!
Gaga! Can't wait to see a post on the show :)
Looks like you kept yourself pretty busy!! I always think that I am going to have a relaxing weekend when I don't have specific plans, but then end up busier than ever.
Looks like you had an awesome weekend with family and friends! You guys looked great for the benefit! I want to hear ALL about Gaga!
Thank you for going to the CF event! I'm so sad I missed it ... everyone said it was fun. And, in case you think its weird that I'm thanking you (I would), my sister has CF, so I feel like I should thank you. :)
Post a Comment