Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Thoughts

One of my favorite days of the month: when my Glamour mag arrives. I really like getting "fun mail" and I consider magazines fun mail for sure. :) 

But, here are my thoughts... 

How many magazines have featured "Five Flat Belly Secrets That Work" lately? A lot. Every time I see a magazine, I see something about flat belly secrets. Soooo... that leads me to wonder? Is there some flat belly master with some massive book....
...with flat belly tips that's under lock and key? And maybe only editors of fashion and fitness magazines have access to this book? B/c um.. why must they only release FIVE at a time? I picture the keeper of this book to look like an old, wise, Jillian M!chaels with her awesome attitude to match. 

But, uh, I'm gonna need someone to get to the bottom of this b/c, as bikini season approaches, I'm going to need more than five tips at a time. Thanks in advance. 

#totallyrandom #Monday <-- I like giving hash tags to things that aren't on twitter. Whatever. 

Weekend Recap coming. Eric has some photos on his camera that I have to get. It was a good one-his bro graduated college, we saw a movie, I finished the book Something Borrowed (good stuff!), and Mother's Day was great with my mom. :) I hope all you hot mammas out there had a fabulous Mother's Day! 

For now, Gossip Girl season finale is t minus an hour and fifteen minutes... Bottle of wine chilling in fridge, peanut butter and jelly sandwich is calling my name. I'm gourmet around here, people. Happy Monday! 

14 comments:

Morgan said...

an entire bottle of wine sounds delicious right now!

Simply Me said...

How I miss drinking my fav wine with my fav shows. Soon, soon. I love that you loved the something borrowed book. Now you have to see the movie and read book number two... :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I want to hear what you thought of Something Borrowed, the book. I love love loved the book! Glad you had a great weekend girl!

Abby said...

That is so true how the fitness mags all seem to say the same thing! There must be some major secret the public isn't in on ;)

Kelly and Sara said...

Sounds like the perfect night!

Lindsay said...

Oh I love getting my magazines in the mail too! It's like Christmas month after month!! :)

Lindsay said...

I love getting magazines in the mail!

And for some reason a peanut butter and jelly sandwich sounds so good right now haha. Yum!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Hah - I love those magazines with silly articles. But they're fun to read on the beach after getting those rock hard abs!

Mrs. H said...

I love getting magazines in the mail and it seems as though all of mine are fitness so there is an article in everyone about how to get a flat stomach. Crazy, I've never thought about that until I just read your blog!

I want to read Something Borrowed and then go see the movie. I just finished Water Elephants so I want to see that now...and I just started The Help, which will be turned into a movie in August.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I know! Bathing suit season right around the corner - eek!!

Kerr said...

I missed GG last night and I cant wait to get out of work today and rush home and watch it! I hope it was good, but how could it not be good?!

Bel said...

Haha I loveeee fun mail too. I actually get excited to check my mail box when I'm expecting something. It's like opening Christmas presents! :)

<3 Belly B

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I am so with you on the belly thing... it seems like the secret is that there is no secret sometimes! I am so excited to see something borrowed, did you love it?

Marian said...

And I wish that these flat belly secrets could somehow include peanut butter cups