I've never done Thoughts on Thursday but it seemed like a fun way to be random in a post AND have a theme at the same time... and well, we've met... so you know the randomness is something I enjoy doing. haha.. ;)
Thoughts on Thursday:
- A friend of mine works at a doggie day care/vet's office. Apparently someone gave up their Cavalier King Charles and she needs a home. I want to give her one SO badly, but with my roomie's dog
that thinks our house is his toiletand my Gracie dog, that would make THREE dogs in a house. That's a lot. *sigh* But, I want her. If you live in the area and want a Cavalier, especially one that isn't a puppy that needs training but is still young, please let me know. :)
- I've gone to bed decently early every night this week! As my twitter friend, Charlie, would say.. #winning. ;)
- Adele and I have been bonding. In other words, I've been annoying everyone in my vicinity by unconsciously humming Rolling In the Deep.
- Eric and I might head out of town for my birthday, likely to Kansas City b/c it's been awhile since either of us have been! :) I told him I really just want to be poolside on my bday (preferably with a drink, but whatever), and possibly go eat somewhere new and fun. We can shop the plaza, see Power and Light, etc. Any recs from blogger friends on fun KC things to see/eat/do? :)
- Eric and I went and toured the Designer Showcase hotel tonight. Fun stuff! This is the first year they've done a whole hotel instead of just a house and it was way cool. As background, the "designer showcase" is something in Tulsa where different designers each take a room, renovate it, and then show off the entire thing for a small fee that benefits the Foundation for Tulsa Schools. :) And you can actually purchase pretty much anything in most rooms-fixtures, furniture, etc. (But it all stays til the end of the event so you can see each room in full as the designer intended). This time was extra fabulous b/c they took on the old Campbell Hotel, a hotel that had been great in its hayday, dedicated in 1927, but had definitely seen better days. Here's a local newspaper article about the project with a great slideshow. If you're in the area, this is the last weekend it's being shown, so get down there! :)
- Tomorrow night is a friend's 30th birthday at the new Dust Bowl in downtown Tulsa. It's a small, vintage-style bowling alley appropriately named for Oklahoma (haha) that just opened last week. :) Excited to see the new place!
- The new Pirates movie comes out this weekend. Gonna see it? Like those flicks? I wanna see it. But, I'm kinda bummed b/c I haven't seen Kiera or Orlando in the previews, so I checked..and they're definitely not in it. Bummer.
- Looking for a new book to read. Any recs? I usually go for mystery-thriller types. Loved Dragon Tat books, etc. :) Anyone read Hunger Games? Good?
16 comments:
I LOVE adele, but am getting tired of hearing her same song on the radio OVER and OVER!!! I want them to start playing all her other AMAZING hits!!!
Sweet girl I have missed you. Adele is my favorite because all 19 songs and I are lovely friends, hah!!!! AND how in the world did you get into the Dragon Tat books??
Hunger Games are great, I loved them and read them all in about 2 weeks! I highly recommend them!
Ohmygosh--READ The Hunger Games, then the sequel--Catching Fire, and the third Mockingjay. When I read the first one--it was within a 24 hour time span--I was hooked. They're a perfect read for summer. As far as KC goes--I don't think you can go wrong with the Plaza or Power and Light! Do you ever go to the "westport" area? I discovered that area on a recent trip--and enjoyed some delicious food in a pretty chill area! TGIF :)
No Kiera or Orlando?! Boo!! I just finished the Pioneer Woman book and am moving on to Bossypants! Nick was literally laughing out loud reading it!
Hunger games is amazing!! I read all of them thinking these would be a great movie and now they are going to make them into a movie! As for KC just went there last summer and we went to a KC Royals baseball game and had a blast! The stadium is super nice and the tickets are reasonably priced. Plus they have good stadium food and a baseball "museum" above left field that is pretty cool!
DEFINITELY read the Hunger Games. I didn't love the third book, but the first two are AMAZING!
Thanks for playing! :)
I've been meaning to read Hunger Games too. I've heard they're really good...
I've heard tons about Hunger Games but haven't read them.
KC sounds like a great b-day getaway!
LOVE your blog AND Rolling in the Deep! Gosh, she's amazing!
If you're in KC, head to Lawrence, which is about 45 min away. Neat downtown area with plenty to do walking around, and Free State Brewery is fantastic. The KU campus is gorgeous as well!
I loved the Hunger Games!! Definitely pick it them up!!
And hope you are having a lovely weekend girrrrrl!
You must get Hunger Games. Don't even walk... run! It's so good!
Here are some KC ideas (although your plan to hang poolside, shop the plaza and get groovy at Power N Lights already sounds awesome):
Legends: http://www.legendsshopping.com/ Shopping (Banana Republic outlet!), restaurants, bars, entertainment.
Zona Rosa: http://www.zonarosa.com/--kinda the same as Legends--just different retailers.
The New Theater (one of my KV faves): http://www.newtheatre.com--amazing all you can eat buffet of "fine dining" food and I believe the show at the time you go will be "Joseph and the Amazing Techinicolor Dreamcoat"--I'm sure it's amazing!
XOXO! HG
Adele has been on repeat the last few days. While all the songs are ridiculously good, I think my favorite is 'set fire to the rain'-amazing.
Post a Comment