Happpppy Sunday, friends! Guess what I just did.. Go on.. guess.. Nope. Wrong. What I did: Just bought a swimsuit, swimcap and goggles online! YAY! That makes it official; I'll be swimming again soon at the new gym... (Reason I join gyms: Spending money motivates me to go. If you run outside or something, I give you major props for the self-motivation that I don't have...haha). :)
On to the weekend!
Friday night, I was so.tired. from getting up and watching the royal wedding at 4am (Oh yeah, I did). So I crashed out early. :)
Saturday morning, woke up bright and early to help with Rebuilding Together's national build day! Eric's really involved with the the Rebuilding Together Tulsa group and organized the entire thing for our company. It was our company's FIRST year to sponsor a house-thanks to Eric! Gotta admit, I'm pretty proud of him... He handled the media and photags that showed up, supplies, tents, food, organization, etc. It was definitely no small undertaking. But thanks to him, a nice elderly woman's house has a fresh coat of paint, energy efficient updates, and is getting new windows, etc soon. :) We just did the paint on Saturday morning. The house used to be a VIVID shade of pink. All over. Like cotton candy pink. Whoa.
Yelling at Eric to look at me for a photo was prolly not the smartest thing, given how high he was, buuuut I didn't think about that at the time. And he's safe on the ground now so all's well. haha.. :)Really impressed by my boyfriend... Just saying...
Saturday night, headed to one of his friend's weddings out at Five Oaks Lodge in Jenks (Tulsa suburb). :) Really pretty... and some of us girlies really liked the rocking chairs... Just saying...
Weddings with candy=good. Weddings with candy set up along the line for drinks=better. :)
The photobooth was a hilarious hot mess. Fairly sure we had no idea what we were doing in most of these photos...buuuut whatever... :)
**********
And b/c I never did a weekend recap last weekend, a few shots... We had lunch at Eric's parents casa.... So fun! They hid Easter baskets stuffed with candy treats for us. (Please see Eric being silly...haha)
Had great food, great company, and a great Easter with his family. :)
After lunch, I headed to see Water for Elephants with my mom. I hadn't read the book, but wanted to see the movie... Good stuff, friends. I didn't really believe the Robert + Reese feelings for each other... but whatever. I could still get in to the story. Knowing the story was about the circus and a jerky ringmaster/circus owner, I figured we might have to deal with some less-than-pleasant animal scenes. One scene really got me. If there had been another one like that one, I would have left the movie. I'm really glad I stayed b/c the movie ended up being really great.
But seriously, I can't watch ANYTHING that harms animals. It makes me want to cry and vomit at the same time... It's a little ridiculous to be honest. The movie I am Legend? Nope. Haven't seen it b/c I heard the dog dies and it's sad. I had issues even watching Where the Red Fern Grows and Old Yeller as a child. I'm not joking....haha...It's like this Friends ep where Phoebe watches Old Yeller. Remember it? Sheer comedy! :) "What kind of a sick doggie snuff film is this?!" hahahaha... (I know I've said this, but I'm fairly convinced I can compare almost anything to a Friends ep.)
Also saw....
...and...
The Kings Speech absolutely blew me away. Colin Firth was amazing! Source Code was better than I expected, but still not as good as Inception (many of the reviews claimed).
So that was this weekend...and a little of last! :) Hope you had a good weekend, friends! :)
And HAPPY MAY DAY!!!!



17 comments:
I read Water for Elephants and I KNEW there was no way I could handle seeing that animal abuse on the big screen. Glad to know it wasn't too awful ;)
That dress you wore to your friends wedding is cute! I like it! Glad you had another great weekend!
That's awesome that you guys helped a little old lady with her house :)
Love those pictures from the photo booth! It looks like you guys were having so much fun, and the ones of you and Eric are really cute!
I read Water for Elephants but don't know if I can handle watching the movie for the same reasons you mentioned above. Too much for me! I'll have to watch the King's Speech...my hubby has wanted to watch it for awhile now.
Love the pic of you and your boyfriend! Thanks for stopping by my blog through WILW. Have a great day!
Heidi
Yay for Eric!! Also, I got married at Five Oaks - oh memories. And I can't wait to see Water for Elephants. I read the book - it's great - so I was so excited to see they made it into a movie! Glad you liked it.
I feel like I say this in every post and I sound so unoriginal, but I love your dress! You must share where you got it! I watched the Kings Speech last week too (part of my Royal Wedding Week celebration!) and just loved it too! Hope you are having a great Monday!
Great blog... The Rebuilding Together thing seems really cool. Looks like a busy weekend. I just saw the King's Speech this weekend as well but for some reason, I did not find it that great. Glad you liked it :)
http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/
What a good man you've got :-)
I'm reading Water for Elephants right now, and I'm kind of scared of watching that scene in theater. I can't wait to see it.
Looks like a fun weekend! It seems like you and Eric are always going to weddings haha! That is how we are going to feel this summer...I think we have 9 of them to go to!!!! Craziness!
I can't watch anything with animals either. I was beyond pissed that I saw I Am Legend in theaters and had to sit through it. I won't watch Marley and Me or anything else that might remotely have an animal in it. My friends think I'm crazy, but I figure if the most they have to put up from me is loving animals too much, then they've got it good :)
Isn't Friends the best?!?! I quoted it at lunch the other day and my co-workers had no idea what I was talking about. The shows a classic! Well a classic to me (I'm with you and haven't really seen any of the "classic" movies most people watch.
I feel the exact same way about animals being hurt in movies. It makes me sick to my stomach. A person dies, fine. But dogs or horses...it makes me want to cry just thinking about it.
my class read where the red fern grows in 5th grade and our teacher wouldnt read the parts where they die outloud in class. It was awful. Fast Forward 15 years and I am babysitting and the kids want to watch it. I cry like a baby and they think something is wrong with me. They didnt cry, what was wrong with these kids?!
I love photo booths..wish I had one at our wedding! Looks like you got some fun pics as keepsakes!
SO I'm sorry for being completely obnoxious and posting two comments BUT I forgot to add that I tagged you in my "10 things I love", check it out!
i lovvvve this post and your service project! woohooo that makes my heart smile. happy belated may day sista!
What a great weekend! We have King's Speech on Netflix and now I can't wait to see it. I'm new to your blog and its so fun! Looks like you guys are crazy busy :)
First of all, your dark hair looks fabulous! I LOVE IT! Also, I just finished reading Water For Elephants last night and we're planning on going to see it tonight. I KNOW I am going to cry. I was such a wreck in homeward bound and OMG i am a huge sap when it comes to any animal movies. Sadder still is how bad the circus really is to animals. Many of the story lines (i read in the epilogue) were based on real events with elephants/their trainers. Anywho. Sad sad sad..
Post a Comment