Happy Sunday! And Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there. :)
So, guess what guess what! I went lighter! Some people have noticed, while others haven't at all. :) Not like I care if people notice, but it's kinda significant in my mirror so it's just funny to me if people didn't notice...haha.. :) Anyhoo, we had to be careful not to break my hair going lighter, so my stylist blended tons of highlights in while keeping some of the the dark. I really like the result! Yesterday, a tiny bit of my hair really did break off after the shower/blowdry when I was brushing it. *cringe* I kinda sorta totally freaked out. It was totally fine though. Trying to deep condition and lay off the heat styling for a few days.... :)
I took a photo Thurs morning before work (dark hair) and then Thurs evening after my hair appt! :) (Also note how much more awake I look in the evening photo...haha.. Jax=not a morning person).
And while I'm on hair/makeup/yada yada, I wanna mention new makeup I got! Here's the deal, I used to use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. And I loved it. I'd put a powder over it to minimize shine and give fuller coverage without being heavy. Anyhoo, I just noticed it never lasted all day...and it also wasn't great coverage. I know I know... you're not going to get great coverage with a tinted moisturizer, but it just wasn't really doing anything for me I guess. It's a great product, but I just think my makeup wants changed. *shrugs* So, off I went to Sephora.Reasons I love Sephora= they have color consultants working there that know all the products they carry really well. I explained how I wanted a little more evening out and coverage, but hate the "heavy" makeup feel and didn't want anything "cakey." A consultant reommended Hourglass Illusion tinted moisturizer.
![]() |
| Via Sephora (reviews also listed here) |
After trying a couple others on, I went with the Hourglass, still kinda like "Ouch, that was pricey. I hope I like this."B/c um.. let's face it. We've all bought stuff, then realized they must have some magic lighting in the store b/c you get home and hate it.
I'm rambling (shocker), so I'll cut to the chase. I.LOVE.THIS.
It looks fresh and dewy but NOT oily or wet. My skin glows! And..the best part, HOURS after I apply it, it still looks like I just put it on! I'll have to post a few photos at some point, but if you're looking for a similar product, I recommend. There are some videos on youtube featuring it if you're curious. Sephora is really great at giving samples, so if you don't wanna bite the $$ bullet but want to try it, just go ask if they'll give you a little sample and I bet they'll oblige. :) I've done that a lot with them.
And, I love me some Sephora Beauty Insider program b/c it means free stuff. I dig free stuff. With some of my points, I got a free Coralista Blush from Benefit. And I'm LOVING that too! You know I'm a proud user of NARS Org@sm as I've blogged about before, but I really like the pretty glow this gives! :)
So yeah, trip to Sephora=success! :) I had no intention of rambling this much. Just wanted to show ya'll my hair. Sheez. Oh well, whatevs. :)
P.S. Thanks so much for your patience as I re-follow lots of ya! I'm manually doing it b/c I couldn't figure out how to transfer the blogs over. And I also love all the comments with empathetic groans over blogger woes. We love our blogs, but man alive... blogger has been a beast lately, hasn't it?



23 comments:
Love the new hair color! You look gorgeousssss!
Your hair looks fab! Also, another great thing about Sephora, you can return things you purchase there w/in 90 days even if you've used it. <3 Sephora!
Your hair looks amazing! It's funny I always notice whenever a friend changes her hair even if it's the slightest thing, I must be in tune to it, haha
I always love a great new make up find. Thanks for the tip!
Your hair looks great! How people don't notice the difference is beyond me haha it's definitely lighter! I really liked it dark too though :)
Reading your makeup reviews made me want to go to Sephora... Ahhhh. I kinda sorta have to make a trip there anyway to get new eyeshadow since I had to throw mine away after my stupid little conjunctivitis incident. Ew. Any excuse to go makeup shopping though!
And yes, Blogger has been a PMSing bitch lately.
Ya know, you are one of those lucky girls that can rock both blonde and brunette!! I'm jealous:)
Your hair looks fabulous. I absolutely love coralista...and thanks for the review on the tinted moisturized--I'm in the market for a new one :) Hope your weekend is wonderful!
Blogger has been driving me nuts lately!! Your hair looks great, both ways. I shall try that blush! It looks like a great summer shade.
It blows me away how incredible you look as a blonde AND a brunette! Truly jealous!
Loving the blonde again! :) You look great!
Love you being blonde. It's ur look fo sho! :)
LOVE the new hair color!! Blonde is so much fun :)
Sephora is my Mecca. I probably spend $100 every single time I'm there. I'm not proud of it. But I do love that even if you give your first born for a product, they'll let you return it if you end up hating it. Love that store!
Love the hair!! It's making me more and more anxious to get mine done! Especially now that the sun has gotten to it and turned the brown into this weird reddish color. NOT cool!
Love your new color! Perfect for summer! I love sephora!
Love the blonde hair! The highlights look great!
love the hair dah-ling!
Cute hair! And, I very intrigued by this new tinted moisturizer...I've tried the Laura Mercier and thought it was decent, but not sold on it. May have to cough up $50 and try that one!
I love the new hair! :)
I also love Sephora. Can't go wrong!!
I am so glad to hear about this stuff. I have used laura mercier and smashbox and khiels tinted moisturizer but none of them last and I am the same as you, not a fan of cakey foundation. I will be hitting up sephora soon!
I love the blonde, girl! Oh, and Benefit is my favorite make up ever :)
I must try that then! It sounds like it's a great product! I have that blush too and it's great. Um... ok. It's honest moments time here at the ranch since we're like blog bff's (well at least to me haha). Can I just say that I did like your brown hair but I love your blonde hair! I think it just completely completes you. Yes I just used those words together.
Your hair looks FABULOUS! You are so lucky you can rock blonde and brunette! I'm jealous! And I use the same blush color as you (love the way you type it - haha) but what type of bronzer (if any) do you use? I'm in the market for some new brozner and I've heard good things about hte Benefit bronzer and was wondering if you'd tried it?
Your hair looks great blond or brunette, though I am always partial to going lighter for summer! I definitely need to pick up some new blush- I dropped mine and it broke everywhere!
Oh Benefit, makeup, and sephoria. All are music to my ears! You look gorgeous with your blonder locks and I am going to have to try that blush - I love makeup that makes a girl glow!
Post a Comment