First things first, ya'll rock my socks. Thank you for the sweet comments on my last post and pre-birthday wishes! My cousin is having her baby girl this week and I'm REALLY hoping she makes it to Friday... b/c um. July birthdays really are the best. Not like I'm biased. ;)
Soooo guess what tomorrow is! My birthday party! I dont think I've had a birthday "party" since I was like 10. Seriously... ha...I'm excited, but also nervous! I'm one of those a-type/people-pleaser types that likes to make sure everyone is having a good time and yada yada, soooo I'm really glad other people have taken the reins b/c I think I'd have a coronary. ;) It's not like massive or anything, but I invited a few different groups of friends, so I just hope everyone has fun. Or at least drinks enough to feel like they're having fun. Whatever. ;)
So, I have a Jackie story for you.. If you've been reading my blog awhile, you know I'm kinda the clumsiest person on earth.. or pretty darn close. Well, I was feeling good b/c I haven't fallen, tripped on anything, broken anything, etc, in a long time. Yesterday at lunch, I was attempting to slice a pizza.. like an entire pizza...at a decently nice pizza place... and in what seemed like slow motion, the pizza SAILED off the tray and into the middle of the restaurant (picture a pizza frisbee and you've got it)...before landing with a splat on the floor..during the lunch rush (so it was a packed house). *head hung in shame* Admittedly, it was kinda awesome b/c my friend tried to catch it in mid air...Anyhoo, they were super nice and said "it happens all the time" which we both knew wasn't true, but I appreciated it... Afterwards, my friend said "you should have taken a pic; this is blog worthy." haha...
Welp, guess I'll conclude my randomnes. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and thank you for the birthday wishes on my last post! :) TBD on the new blog name, but I think I'll change it soon and I have some ideas. ;)
Eric and I officially booked California late summer by the way! :) We're not staying as long as we wanted to originally b/c we started adding it up and went "uh oh..." haha.. But, we're starting in LA/Manhattan Beach (for the wedding!) for three days and then headed up to San Fran for 4 days. :) Pretty freaking excited!!!
And while I'm mentioning the fabulous party-planning-vacation-buddy-boyfriend of mine, lookie what we did last weekend! His family and I went to OKC to see him get his official CPA certificate! They did the ceremony in the capitol and it was puuuuuurdy cool. I'm just saying. :) So happy for him!
Oooh ANNND one more thing! (Sorry for the super randomness today). I just saw a bracelet swap advertised on Miss Chelsea's blog and totally signed up. How fun is that?! If you're interested, you should go sign up here before the deadline!
Happy Hump Day, friends!
10 comments:
Too funny. I can totally see this happening to me.
I just read your last blog post, and this one... so I am commenting for both of them here :)
You are so incredibly accomplished - success isn't measured by a ring, or a baby, or a husband. Success is measured by your happiness... and from what I can tell (for the almost 3 years I have been following along with you) you are very happy. You have so many friends, and I love seeing your pictures. Life is what you want it to be. And believe me... the husband and kid thing can happen fast. Fast, fast. You could be singing a whole different tune in just 2 short years. ;)
And... you're coming to SF?? I will be around (depending on when you're here) and maybe we could meet up. Is that weird? Swear I am not some cyber freak ;)
Good luck thinking about a new blog title... I'll think about it too!! xo
happy almost birthday!
I'm going to California this summer too! So excited!
That pizza story is hilarious, but sounds like something I would do! ;)
HAHAHAHA ohhh Jackie - that pizza story is too funny! Definitely something I would do as well, no worries :)
Love that picture of you and Eric! Congrats to him!
I am super clumsy too. Lovin your blog and I am your newest follwer :) Happy early birthday!
aww you look gorgeous! xx
Hope you have the most amazing birthday party tonight lady friend!!
Hope you had a FABULOUS birthday party my dear!! And yay for birthday weeks! So awesome you are going to Cali - I love LA and SF! And congrats to Eric! Hope your long weekend is fabulous birthday girl! xoxo!
I've had food stuff happen to me like that before! It looks like Eric's CPA day was pretty cool! You guys look so great together in that photo!
Post a Comment