Hiya friends! Blogger has certainly been cantankerous lately, hasn't it? No matter b/c I've been completely and totally engrossed in the Hunger Games series reading a little in the evenings. And watching the Bachelorette. Before I move forward, what the HELL is she doing crying over Bentley? Good gravy! I get it; she didn't know. But for reals. Anyway, moving on...
My weekend... It was busy, but good... and HOT. No no.. not in the sizzling-sexy sense. In the holy-crap-why-is-it-already-100-degrees sense. Anyhoodle, here's some schtuff from the weekend! ;)
Friday night, Eric and I attended our alma mater's annual wine event, Uncorked
My personal favorite. Mind you, we're a pretty good little private school in the midwest and ranked nationally. No, no I'm not tooting my horn, but I'm just saying.. Our people can spell... er.. wait.. can they? We're the Golden Hurricane. Please check out this sign on one table. I think someone started the wine tasting a little early... haha...
Eric drank nothing but quality H20 all night at the wine festival. Why?
Because he had to be at his bike race at 7am the next morning, raring to go!
His beer socks were up for the challenge of 75 miles...
The 50 and 75 mile riders getting ready to start!
And they're off!
A few hours, 30 degrees warmer (yikes!), and 75 miles later, here comes Eric, and our friends, Carrie and Chris, toward the finish line! It was so hot; I couldn't even imagine how they must have felt. I guess people were puking along the ride (TMI-sorry) and hitting the medic tent early... But, Eric and team made it!
So proud of my boyfriend!
Saturday night was Ashley's shower! I know I've blogged about her fabulousness before, but Ashley is getting married in Manhattan Beach this summer! (Her wedding is the one I blogged about heading up the coast afterward). :) She's from T town and we met in college :)
All the Tulsa girls holding the the cute banner Sarah made :)
I should've worn taller heels. Ashley and I are the same height but this pic definitely doesn't look like it! haha! :)
We went up to the Mayo's rooftop bar after the shower for some cocktails and fabulous views. :)
We also may have channeled our college days and made a few random prank calls to people we know. Yes, we're really mature. ;) But seriously, it was the funniest thing I've done/seen in awhile. Grace (on the phone) is pretty much the master at fake accents/random reactions, etc.. I won't even tell you her routine b/c it's not as funny in print...haha.. Anyway, this photo cracks me up, even though they'll likely kill me for posting. :) Fabulous night with some great girl friends. Already looking forward to the wedding!
Some pics of the shower decor, etc...
Sarah and I opted for an asian/sushi inspired shower theme b/c Ashley loves sushi at our fav place every time she visits. :) So, with some fabulous help and brainstorming from our other friends, the sushi-inspired theme came to life! Check out the cupcakes modeled after sushi rolls that Ashley made! Awesome, right? They tasted even better than they look!
Lots of food and more desserts behind me out of photo viewing. :) And cute lanterns hung in various places. Also stuck with the theme for beverages- Kung Foo Girl Riesling and Asahi. :)
Sarah made these cute little signs for some little take-away chopsticks with a cute saying about Ashley and her fiance calling them the perfect pair. :) Awww... :)
And I have to brag for a moment b/c Ashley got us the best hostess gifts ever! For reals. Check out this awesome compact trio from Nars! It has it's own cute little zipper pouch and everything! For those of you who've never used Nars but are looking for a good bronzer and/or blush, go immediately to Sephora. I fell in love with the blush after reading rave reviews in many many magazines saying how it works for pretty much every skin tone. And.it.does. And the bronzer kicks butt, too. The blush is called... well... I really don't want anyone to find my blog by googling this...haha.. It's called Org@sm and the bronzer is Laguna. Phew. Laguna caused me much less pause in typing than the blush title. haha.. Anyway, this also has an awesome little highlighting powder in the middle that I'm totally loving now too! Very sweet and thoughtful of Ashley. I'm already putting it to good use.
Per usual, that was a rant.. but if you're still reading, that was my weekend! I hope you had a fabulous one, friends! And I hope you're beating the heat wherever you are!
26 comments:
I love how you added the @ to the color --- HEHEH, you are just too cute because it's so true. Love the party pics and of your man biking. Holla!
I LOVE the sushi cupcakes!! such a cute idea!!
You are seriously adorable in that dress at the wine event! I love that color on you :) And seriously, can you pass over a few degrees of that weather to us?? It has been rainy and cold here lately and this girl needs a tan ;) That shower is adorable - you have been so busy lately! Ohh, and I think I need to read the Hunger Games, i have heard so many great things about it!
It sounds like an amazing weekend! I love the decor from that shower! And it sounds like Eric is a champ.
Um... I totally have that same Nars kit! Have you tried their eyeshadow pens? Amazing!
so fun. another amazing post love. be sure to swing by for all the latest celebrity fashion news as well as see pics of my latest celebrity trend report. xoxo
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
1. That spelling is too funny. Maybe someone should have spell checked before hitting print...? Haha
2. Way to go Eric! That's an insanely long bike ride and to do it in that heat - yikes!
3. What a creative, fun idea for a shower. Everything looks delicious!
What a cute shower! Love the theme.
I love that shower idea- everything was so cute! And, that IS one fabulous hostess gift. I can't live without my NARS blush (in that same color :)
And, Bachelorette: She is going to hate watching that episode and all of the nice things she said about Bentley...poor girl.
I love love love your dress from Uncorked. I had every intention of going this year, then I got all knocked up. LOL! Those cupcakes are absolutely adorable :)
what a fun weekend! your dress from friday night? SO CUTE! YaY for Eric---that is seriously SO impressive! no way could i have done a bike race in 60 degree weather, let alone +90!! And, the shower was adorable! love the fun details like the cupcakes and the little tags on the chopsticks! cute cute!
How cute was the sushi theme?! Love it! And Nars Blush...fabulous! Orgasm is my go to color!
Oh my gosh, your dress for Uncorked is beautiful! Love it! Where did you get it??
~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
OH MY GOD!!! You guys did NOT prank call!!! DYING!!! I was just thinking of prank calls the other day and trying to remember some of the stuff that Kristen Butler would come up with when she'd call the TU library computer lab and ask for ... something that would sound hilariously raunchy should the desk worker yell out the name.... I just remember lying on the floor in the back lounge RACKED with laughter while she pulled those stunts. Wish I could have been there to hear what Grace came up with! ;-)
AND SO GLAD you'll be here in August for the wedding! Can't wait! It's going to be sooooo prettttty! xoxo
Also, CUTE CUPCAKES. Denton should open her own bakery. She's amazing.
what a pretty view from the rooftop bar. love that yall were prank calling. we used to do that in the sorority house! good times.
Bahahahahahahha, your comment about the Hunger Game series cracked me up....but seriously, its the best thing ever...right!!!
It's nearly 100 here in VA today! That wine event looks so fun and so did that shower! Prank calls?!? Yes please! I just found your blog and am loving it! Please stop by mine!
That shower theme is just too cute! Love the little sushi cupcakes!! Per usual, you look gorgeous in your party dress!!
It's been over 100 degrees here in Toronto lately too.. way too hot for my liking.
I remember making prank calls with my friends a few years ago, well, I wasn't the one doing it, but I have never laughed so hard in my life. A few friends got calls, but random people too. And the friends never found out ;)
I am loving that wine-tasting dress! Wow...75 miles that is carazy! Something definitely to be proud of!
What a nice gift! Those are my favorite NARS shades :)
Love your dress in that first pic! And Ashley is so talented! Those cupcakes are amazing!
I just got that nars blush shade too and I love it!! What a FUN night! You girls all look so pretty!
And seriously - WHY is she so into Bentley?! I was just shaking my head watching it.
okay, after all that, you know what i'm inspired to do? drink 1 too many cocktails and prank call people. for serial. you must have been crying and pee-peeing laughing so hard!
What a great theme! Adding the chopsticks were pretty cute.
Love Muffin! I just saw your blog! Thanks for the kind words I am glad you like your hostess gift :)
So excited for August...maybe we can do some more pranking? Although I think everyone I know will be at the wedding LOL
xo ALOVE
Post a Comment