Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Hiya! It's Wednesday. It's more than halfway to this coming weekend, but I'll go ahead and recap last weekend anyhoo... Mostly b/c I dont really have anything else exciting to talk about right now... haha... 

Okay, sooooo Friday night, I ran errands. It was a riveting night. ;) 

Saturday, I went on the hunt for a dress. What dress, you ask? A dress to wear to the event I had that night, themed "a night in Morocco." I was really wanting to find a pretty bright dress I could also wear to a friend's wedding coming up. (And I had a gift card burning a hole in my wallet!) Anyway, two hours in and no signs of a dress. The record screeched to a halt in my head and I changed directions..... to jewelry and shoes. If I couldn't find a dress, I could at least get some fun jewelry and shoes to go with one I already own. :) Annnnd I did! I never get "impractical" shoes.. er.. or rarely. So, I took the birthday gift card and got the most fabulously impractical strappy, gold, 4 inch heels with a zipper in the back! I was really proud of myself for my completely impractical purchase. *proud smile* 

So, I got home from my mall adventures and watched a youtube video on doing Taylor Swift's messy updo. Tried to achieve it. Didn't quite work out, but close enough in my book so I went with it.... 


Showed up at the event and was surprised to be greeted by a camel and belly dancers! ha! Fabulous! Maria chaired the fabulous benefit and did an amazing job... Here she is with me, posing with the greeting committee... ;) 
You can catch a little glimpse of my super fun gold shoes! 
Just an idea of how fantastic the decor was! 

My handsome date for the evening... ;) We had a really good time!

 The belly dancers performed...
I can so do that.... er... right... 
Someone may have had four glasses of some wine and was having a grand old time, even en route home! At 11pm. In sunglasses (?). (Eric was driving)

Guess what Eric and I did on Sunday! We saw Harry Potter! It was fantastic! And that's coming from someone who didn't read all the books and saw the movies out of order. (I know I know). But it was seriously really freaking good! 

As I'm drafting this, I've got MTV on in the background and I guess the real world/road rules challenge on..or whatever that is. Two questions: Is road rules even on anymore? and... Aren't most of these people too old to be on this show? It's kinda weird and gross. And someone is throwing a temper tantrum, smashing plants and things. These people need real jobs and life coaches. 

Hope you're having a good week, friends! 

17 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE those shoes!!I rarely buy impractical shoes as well, but with two weddings coming up this month I think it's time to splurge. Yours are just too cute. (Love the messy TSwift up-do too btw.)

Emily said...

Love the dress you wore...and the impromptu car photo shoot--classic. Wasn't HP fabulous?! I'm going to dork out for a second and confess that there is a very good chance I'm going to buy the soundtrack off iTunes--don't judge. Happy Hump Day. oxo

C Mae said...

So wait...Road rules Is still on MTV these days? Do they even do real world? I can't even remember the last cast...well actually after the LA cast I stopped watching...or hollywood rather..Man I feel old!

anna krystine said...

love the shoes! great impulse purchase. your hair looks great too!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I want to see a close up of those shoes!! You looked great!!

Ashley said...

Completely agree about impractical shoes... but sometimes ya gotta splurge! (:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Super cute dress and shoes! I love that shade of pink!

Lindsay said...

I love your dress! Excellent choice on the shoes, too! Super cute :)

Ashley said...

It's called "The Challenge" now, since no, there is no Road Rules anymore. I miss Road Rules actually. And don't knock The Challenge. I like it. Haha, I was horrible tv. I think your updo looked great!!

Kerr said...

I love your dress!

Marian said...

Um, that party looks like a blast...and you look fantastic!!!

Mateya said...

The outfit looks great! Love the shoes!

You and Eric seriously live the fab life...you're always going to these super fun events! Love it!

Rachel said...

Um, I literally just said nearly the exact same thing to a coworker this morning about the real world/road rules thing because I also stumbled upon it yesterday. I saw Wes, who I remember from YEARS ago and was like wow.. he is going to retire from this show.

In This Wonderful Life said...

that event looks AWESOME and I LOVE that bright pink dress!!

Jessie Case said...

It's ok I just recapped my wkend and it's Thursday now....whatev. =) Love the shoes!

Ashley said...

Fun weekend! Love your cute hair!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I refuse to watch Harry Potter ... call me a bad wife!! You are amazing on the other hand.