Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"Got a secret, can you keep it, swear this one you'll save... "

I have a confession. I love Pretty Little Liars. Like big, fat, puffy heart the show. Watch it? Like it? It's like Gossip Girl....er... the younger, less alcoholic, non upper east side version... with a hint of Desperate Housewives thrown in. Oh.. and it's also based on young adult novels. I just choose not to think about that part. I mean, I'm 30. I'm totally a "young adult." Er... whatever. 


Aria's my fav... 
A is such a mean little hussy, isn't she ... or he?!
Annnnnd apparently ABC Family is becoming my new fav station b/c I also am head over heels for Melissa & Joey. Did you watch Who's the Boss? B/c if so, this is basically the exact.same.premise, but updated and more inappropriate. (Seriously, one ep was all about how he was sleeping with her trainer. Whoa <-- in Joey's character from Blossom's tone. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't tell me b/c it will make me feel old...haha..). ;)


And also, I'm a little too excited for the new Dallas, set to air in 2012. Yup, I'm barely old enough to remember Dallas, but as an only child, I was often allowed to stay up late and watch things with my parents I probably shouldn't have.. haha.. I now realize they likely just gave up at some point during my "I dont want to go to bed!" tantrums. Anyway, I'm ready to head back to Southfork!

And uh.. finally.. you DO know what week this is, right? SHARK WEEK! Yeeeah-yuuh!

******
In other news, remember my post about how I wanted a denim shirt and a maxi skirt? Guess what! I've found BOTH and for a major steal! I got the shirt at American Eagle on sale at the outlet mall over girls weekend ($15 dollah make me hollah!) and I got the maxi at Express.com on major sale then had a coupon to boot! Hells yes! So then after my happy dance ended, I thought, "Uh... how do I wear a maxi skirt without looking like I'm pregnant?" B/c uh, if you remember this post, I'm a tinge paranoid about that now in flowy outfits.. lol! (Overdramatic=me). Found lots of fun tips on the interwebs and am jazzed to get mah new skirt! Here's just one blog post I found that was helpful. :)

Annnnd onto other things I totally don't need in any way, shape or form, but am digging anyway.... cross body bags!
"I could SO wave at you right now with my super cool free hand." 
I don't think I want one as big as Reese's, but just look at how effortlessly she holds her coffee and has both hands free. I don't really want a nice one or anything, but I think it'd be a fun accessory for the fall, especially for Eric and my trip to San Fran... Do I need to spend money? No. Am I going to? No. But ya know.. if Forever21 gets some awesome, cheap one and my credit card falls out of my wallet on the counter and pays for the bag, it can't be helped...

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm right there with you & I'm 25 so don't feel bad! :) I didn't watch it tonight, but it's on my DVR! I have a post about all the stupid tv I watch that's below my "level" and I'm sure lowers my IQ. :)

Emily said...

I never get to watch pretty little liars because of my work schedule, but love it! I usually catch up on the marathon days (love those!) and gossip girl was always my favorite show but I haven't been able to watch that one in a while either :(

XO Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Erin said...

I absolutely love Pretty Little Liars...and I'm 25, so probably too old, technically. Oh well! lol.

C Mae said...

I think Melissa and Joey is great! They are so relatable and have been on TV sitcoms since they were children themselves so taht makes me enjoy them all the more!

Morgan said...

I heart ABC Family. PLL and Melissa and Joey. It's sad, but I love Tuesdays because of those shows :).

Also, I've been looking for a diaper bag that's like the cute messenger bag Miss Reese is wearing. Adorable.

Ashley said...

got a locket in my pocket, taking this one to the grave :)

Even Lee will watch this show with me!

Ashley said...

Or is it "I'm gonna lock it in my pocket?" I was NEVER good at knowing real words to songs :)

Catherine said...

i like that show, too!

cross body bags=amazing.

i started wearing my louis vuitton one when summer started & i don't want to switch back.

Just Add Walter said...

I love those shows. M&J are so good together - I hope that show will be around for a long time!

Britt said...

I LOVE my cross body bag. It is smaller than Resee's but great for everyday. I got mine at a vintage shop for $15!

Yay for the denim shirt! I live in mine.

Carolyn said...

I love PLL too!! It's seriously such a good show! :)

Katie said...

Oh I so know what you are talking about, haha! I only wash trash TV so no worries!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Ok I have seriously been wanting to check out Melissa and Joey because I was/still am a huge Clarissa Explains it all fan! And yay for finding the clothes you want - on sale!!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE Pretty Little Liars!! Did you read any of the books? I did the first 4, found out who A was and then gave up. Apparently there's another A in the next few books but I apparently didn't care enough to keep reading haha.

Have you watche Switched at Birth at all? That's another one of my favorites too!

Crossbody bags = amazing. I just got one (thank youuuu eBay!) for my upcoming trip to Florida and/or any other time I don't feel like actually carrying a bag and I can't wait to use it. They're so practical!

katie@tulsadetails said...

Um, I ♥ GG and all things teeny bopper. Why am I not watching? Must add to my dvr list. Like now.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've never watched Pretty Little Liars but I love Melissa and Joey! That show reminds me of the 90's stuff I use to watch all the time!

Mateya said...

I've never watched Pretty Little Liars but I think I should! I hear so many good things about it and I love GG so why not?!

Gosh I loved the show Blossom!

I just got a new crossbody bag from Coach a couple months ago and I LOVE it!

Kerr said...

I love pretty little liars! I want to know who A is already!

Candace said...

i lurrvvee crossbody bags! I have two -- a larger one that i can carry as a crossbody or a tote --- it's my everyday work bag (perfect for the train commute) and i got it at loft :) my smaller one is a yellow leather crossover is surprisingly from kohls. I never was a kohls girl but my mamma is and she turned me on to there little secrets -- everything is always on sale,and they always have coupons so you can save 10%-15% on your purchase. I used by bag when we went to chicago and it was perfect :)

good luck! let me know if you find one!

Marian said...

Um, I can't miss Pretty Little Liars or I die:) Totally obsessed!!