Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Funday

*subject line's sarcasm noted* :)

How was your weekend? Mine=good! Headed to the lake with Sara and Will. :) I have some pics, but they're on Eric's camera, so here's a phone one of Sara and me on the deck of the lake house where we stayed. :)

We had a great time! The weather was perfect, the company was great, and the lake wasn't crowded at all since everyone's headed back to college (read: I'm old)...  I may or may not have taught myself a lesson on drinking unfiltered water at the lake house. I was fairly certain my body was revolting against me around 3am.. or that I had ingested an amoeba...haha.. But, whatever.. That was that and life was good again. I'm sure it was a very attractive moment for me. (I love you, Eric...*nervous face* haha) :)

Current obsession: new red jeans I got with a bday gift card at Express. They will be making the trip to San Francisco, despite the face Eric made when I told him I got red jeans. Boys just don't understand. ;)
via Pinterest
 I really really REALLY wanted to see a movie. I was kinda crazy psycho begging Eric to see a movie with me all weekend, so Sunday, off we went to see Friends with Benefits. First things first, I have a bit of a girl crush on Mila. I mean.. how.gorgeous.is.she. And she seems like such a cool chick, too! And second, Justin Timberlake... enough said. :) Anyway, it was a really funny flick!

And this is random, but lately, I've been all "Why can't we all just sing kumbaya and be thankful for what we've got, huh?" :) Okay okay, I don't say that out loud b/c that's weird and people would throw things at me, but I guess I've just overheard lots of random negativity in the past few weeks and it's just reminded me how lame it is to be negative about stuff when you've got so many blessings. I mean.. right? It's not like I'm NEVER a downer (ignore the double negative) but I'm just sayin... 



* all images via pinterest

Good weekend and no negativity at all! Well.. except for the amoeba that tried to attack my insides. (I may be positive, but I'm still overdramatic).  ;)


16 comments:

C Mae said...

Friends with Benefits was TERRIFIC> I also highly recommend also seeing Crazy Stupid Love with Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling. So funny and had a huge twist in the movie!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I need to see that movie! I've basically been obsessed with JT since the beginning N Sync days! Like when he had his super bleached blonde hair. haha!

Emily said...

Loved Friends With Benefits--I saw it this weekend too!!! Look how bitty you are in your picture at the lake :) Loves it! Happy Monday!!!

Lindsay said...

I loved Friends With Benefits! Minus a few really cheesy parts, it was good and Justin wasn't painful to watch (anyone remember Model Behavior...?). I also didn't mind seeing his bum... My 13 year old self would have passed out over that haha.

Chelsea said...

Yikes! Glad you are feeling better after the amoeba attack or whatever it ended up being! LOVE the red jeans. I doubt I could pull them off but wearing them for a trip to San Francisco just sounds perfect :)

Morgan said...

right on, sista. Don't worry, Be Happy!

What lake did you go to?

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

seriously cute jeans! am glad to hear the good review on friends with benefits. am dying to see!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I'm not usually one for trendy things, but those red jeans are seriously cute!

Stacia said...

I'm thankful :)
And I want to pinterest but just havent!

Katie said...

Haha agreed! Oh and I LOVE those red jeans! I've started out with baby steps and gotten myself a pair of gray jeans...now I need to move on!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I love the red jeans, wear those in SF for sure!!!! Sorry you got sick, that's awful!

Unknown said...

I love those red jeans,flaunt those babies!

southernsomedays.blogspot.com

Marian said...

Love the red jeans!! And I know you can rock them:)

Meghan said...

The red jeans are fabulous! Can't wait to hear more about your trip to San Francisco- I love that city!

Erika Peterson said...

I want red jeans too! This may have just inspired me to go for it.

P.S. Just found your blog - love it!

Jessica Ruud said...

I still need to see that movie!! I love your blog :)

http://thewrittenword-jlr.blogspot.com/