Hiya! :) How was the weekend? Hot? Yeah, mine too. Although, we had a freakishly strong storm come through on Saturday evening so that cooled things down (and took out some electricity, buuuut whatevs). The interwebs were all abuzz with things like "RAIN! It's about time!" :) I may have excitedly been one of the posters of said phrase on the twitters and the facebooks actually. Whatever.
So, I'm behind b/c I haven't blogged about last weekend's girls trip up to Missouri. Blerg. But, I facebooked the pics. Does that count? I think it does.
Anyhoo.. as for this weekend, it was prettttty chillax. :) That's right.. no showers, no float trips, no weddings, no parties, no nothing. :) I truly love doing all of those things (or I wouldn't do them. obvi <-- I like saying "obvi" even though it's prolly super annoying.), but it's also nice to kick back a little. And Eric was out of town for the weekend, so I opted to take some quality Jackie-time. This weekend was one big date with myself!
Came home from the gym after work on Friday, poured some wine, settled in for the evening, and watched lotsa eps I'd dvr-ed all week from.... Sharks and wine. Good times, people. :)
![]() |
| The little under-sharks-belly fishes seem a leeetle stage 5 clinger to me... |
I had a gift card from my bday for one of these....
....so I kicked off Saturday at the spa!The salon/spa is right around the corner from Anthropologie and, having another gift card from my bday, I wandered in. I spied this awesome dress in the sale section for $89...
![]() |
| I love coral! |
....and I had $50 left on my gift card, so I opted to buy the dress for the rehearsal dinner in LA later this month. It was one of those moments where you try something on and sigh like "I.love.this." and do a little spinny spin in the dressing room. (It looks casual, but it's silky, not cotton). Then... wait for it.. wait for it... The girl at the register told me it had been even MORE discounted to... $49! And it was tax free weekend so I.spent.nothing!
Don't you love it when stuff like that happens?!
I was in such a good mood at the grocery store immediately afterward that I caught myself singing along to the music playing in the store. LOL!
The weekend got even better b/c Lauren came to visit randomly. :) She booked her ticket from Chicago mid-week last week and was here by Saturday morning! :) Kinda crazy b/c Eric was actually in Chicago with his fam... haha. So, the two of them grabbed a drink on Friday and then she and I were having dinner together on Saturday!
Today, Lauren, her dad, and me went to see Horrible Bosses.. and um.. it's pretty freaking funny. I mean, it's fairly inappropriate and uses a lot of foul language, so let that be your warning... :)
Throw in some laundry, hanging with Gracie dog, more time at the gym, and that was my weekend. :) Hope everyone had a good one!





18 comments:
CA-UTE dress. So excited to see you in just a few weeks! And yeah, Horrible Bosses... I almost peed my pants. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time... ;-)
ooooo a massage sounds wonderful and that dress is gorgeous! Have a great week girl :)
xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com
Love the coral dress! I wish California would have gotten on board with the no sales tax weekend. We miss out on all the good stuff! lol Sounds like a fun, relaxing weekend. How is it already almost over?
Sounds like you had the best "Jackie" weekend - love that you went to the spa, you deserve it! Everytime I see your updates... it's always another shower, wedding, party, ect. You are very popular ;)
Love the dress! I saw Horrible Bosses a few weeks ago. For the first 20 minutes I was wondering if the movie could get any worse. Finally it turned around ;)!
Sounds like it was a fabulous weekend! I'm totally jealous of you for getting a massage. I've had one my entire life and that was ummm... 5 years ago. Awesome steal on the dress!! It's such a great feeling when you're already getting something on sale and then when they ring it up it's even less! :)
Bargain shopping is the BEST! That dress is adorable! Such a steal. I recently saw Horrible Bosses... So hilarious.
Glad I found your blog! It's great!
oh thats soo good about the dress, love it xx
Um, what a perfect dress for the perfect price! I absolutely love when that happens!!
I love when that happens! Sounds like you had a great weekend!
I have LOVED that dress from Anthro! So jealous you got it and I'm sure it looks amazing on you!! I'm cracking up that you settled in with a glass of wine for SHARK week! ha! You need to come over and watch it with Dave! He has been loving it. Glad you had a fun weekend. :)
sounds like a great weekend! i love the anthro dress! sooo cute! and...i watched way to many episodes of shark week this weekend too :)
I love it when my shopping turns out like that, where everything is on sale even more than I thought it would be. Lucky girl!
Oh sounds like a much needed weekend; you've been so busy! I love those relaxing weekends once in a while. And score with the spa and shopping deal!
A massage AND a new dress! Woot, woot! Gotta love Birthday $$$, it's the gift that keeps on giving!
cute dress for a steal!
That's awesome about the dress!!! I saw Horrible Bosses and it's hilarious!!!
Oh a spa say sounds perfect! And I love that dress! The color is just perfect for summer!
Post a Comment