Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend Recap! :)

Hi friends! Long time, no blog.. or maybe just a week. Whatever, it feels like a long time. How was your weekend? I traveled to Denver last week for work, so was pretttttty tired come Friday. It was a great trip and we got a lot accomplished, but it was also a quick one so this girl was pooped and ready for an adult beverage. :)

The weekend kicked off Friday night with Ashley's birthday dinner! Margaritas, some singing, sombrero wearing, and good times. :) 
Ashley, Jenny, Sarah, Brooke, me 
 Saturday, I got up early and was a crazy person. Not really, but I'd cleaned the house, done laundry, organized my dresser drawers (Is it just me or do they get out of control sometimes??), and bathed Gracie....by noon. I dunno what got into me, but I suppose it was a good thing... haha.. :) Then, I headed off to the mall to pick up some stuff at Sephora...annnnnnd I met the 500 point perk (their free rewards program)!
I remembered Leslie blogging about how awesome "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer is, so was thrilled to see it in this month's perk! Admittedly, I knew I was close to the 500 points, so I may have googled around to see what last month's gift was and then opted to wait...haha... I'm glad I did! Also in the perk is Benefit's Dandelion Highlighting Powder and their Bad Gal lash (that's I've also been wanting to try)! It's been a makeup-free Sunday, soooo I haven't tried it out yet, but excited to!

I love beauty products and makeup. It's just such a great little treat for myself. :) It's amazing how happy a new eyeshadow can make a person. Speaking of, I totally want to join Birchbox, but just haven't done it yet. I heard about it from Katie. :) Have you heard of it? You pay $10/month and they send you fun beauty products to try kinda like the Sephora perk I just got. You get mostly trial sizes, but also one full size item each month. It's like a little present in the mail every month! And who doesn't love getting fun mail?!

Okay okay, enough of that... As for Saturday night, Eric and I got sushi to-go, had a fabulous bottle of wine he got awhile ago, and took it easy. We started to watch a movie, buuuuut both passed out before it was over.... haha.. :)

And that was the weekend! I hope yours was a good one, friends!

15 comments:

Katie said...

I HAVE to check out this Birchbox! Oh and hope to see reviews of your new makeup soon!

Ashley said...

Birchbox sounds so great! I've never heard of it, but now I wanna try! Sounds like a fun weekend :)

Chelsea said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend :) I also had sushi to-go. Mmmmm! I've heard good things about Birchbox, it's kind of similar to the Eco-Emi boxes I've been getting and sounds like a great way to try products :)

katie@tulsadetails said...

I need Sephora rewards! You will have to do a review. Also, already dying for my next birchbox and can't wait to see what you get!!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

i hear birchbox is the bomb diggity! gonna have to check it out. and yay for your sephora rewards. let us know about all your great products :)

C Mae said...

I read about Leslie mentioning "That gal" product but when I checked out the reviews on Sephora, they were all over the place...from good to bad so I dunno if it's worth trying! Will you tell us in a few days if you like the product or not? What is the Dandelion thingy I see in your make up finds? and another blogger mentioned that mascara have u been using it a while?

Kerr said...

I love sephoras perks! I don't wear a lot of makeup but when I walk in there I turn into a make up obsessed freak! I have also been thinking about birchbox. It might be time to pull the trigger...

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Get Birchbox! It's awesome but fair warning they don't always send a full size product.

Stacia said...

Birchbox sounds cool! I had sushi as well, I could have it every single day :)

Morgan said...

I've been wanting to try Birchbox too!


Benefit "They're Real" mascara is now my obsession.

Brown Girl said...

I need to pick up some of that makeup, I love benefit!

Mateya said...

I've heard about this Birchbox thing and it sounds awesome! You'll have to let us know if you do it!

TexanCouture said...

I just posted about Birchbox!! I love it you should def join!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Um Birchbox sounds amazing! I've never of it but am going to for sure check it out!

Claudia said...

WOW that's the 500 point perk? I better get my butt into sephora before August ends! I'm pretty close if not over that
Also, I recently joined Birchbox but haven't gotten my first shipment yet