What is Tulsa+? Well lemme tell ya...
Tulsa + is a group of individuals who came together to help celebrate Tulsa — for what it is and what it will be.
We believe the greater Tulsa community is a wonderful place to live and work. This town has an amazingly diverse culture, a vibrant spirit, a rich history and numerous activities, landmarks and attractions for individuals and families of every persuasion. But many of those positive offerings unfortunately go unnoticed or under appreciated.
Tulsa also has amazing promise. We have vast natural resources, a strong foundation of infrastructure and a diverse vision for growth and new experiences. But that vision unfortunately isn’t as clear to some as it is to others. And it isn’t always articulated as well as it should be. Further, there are numerous ideas by citizens that could contribute to deepen that vision — if they only had a voice.
***
We’d like to see your passion delivered in the medium that suits you best. Be bold, be visionary. Just don’t be silent.
If you’ll send us your ideas, we’ll help you present them to the leaders that can make a difference.
- From the Tulsa+ website
Some fabulous coworkers were on the steering committee for this great, first-of-its-kind movement/event and I got to serve on the event subcommittee to help put this thing together. :) It was a really cool experience to organically come together and create a free event for Tulsans to submit their "plus" for the city. Photographs of things you love about Tulsa? Submit it! A video about the various communities in Tulsa? Submit it!Various local leaders-including the mayor- were present and spoke about how excited they were for this great event.. Overall, we had no idea how many folks would show up, but it was a packed house. So glad to see other people so jazzed about the great things in Tulsa... I'll shutup now and show you some photos...
And guess who agreed to emcee the event! A couple of AWESOME Tulsa bloggers, including one of my daily reads, Tasha Does Tulsa! And check out the event slogan, "What are you adding?" I love that!
Some of us had a little plus making party.. and I made a TU one. Please note my
And there was an opera flash mob... It was fan.freaking.tastic. One guy started singing.. then another.. then more.. Fabulous!
The great event was wrapped up with some planking in front of the Tulsa skyline. I mean.. duh. ;) Andrea (my partner in planking below) did a fantastic job on the steering commitee and as the event's chairperson. :)
And random...
I got home after the event and saw that my neighbors' AC had gone out. :( It's happening a LOT around here lately due to these crazypants temps. (The high today is supposed to be around 110). Anyway, they were fixing it well into the night and, as I walked to the kitchen, I saw this-YIKES! No, our houses aren't that close, but the light hit just right and made for a creeptacular .5 seconds for me.. ha!
| Nah, this isn't creepy at all, right? *scared face* haha! |
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

12 comments:
Bahahahahha, I love the picture of planking:) Sounds like a great weekend...minus the creepy ending;)
I am loving this post. That event looked great--I've always wanted to see a flash mob, so not gonna lie, slightly jealous of you. Also love the creeper status pics--too funny :) Hope you're having a wonderful Monday. oxo
What a cool idea/event!
A flash mob, seriously?! I didn't know those things were real haha!
AHHHHAHA that picture... oh my!
I love how much to love Tulsa! It is so great to be involved and care about your community. More power to you!
The planking is cracking me up!
Your event sounds really cool! And I love the planking picture!
Ah! That is creepy and definitely would have freaked me out!
Holy Moly I would have freaked out if I saw that shadow when I walked in my house at night! Glad it was just the neighbor!
you are always up to something lady! I need to live through you. I leave my house like 2 times a week, ha! A flash mob opera sounds pretty cool, I have to say! The pics from the event are too cute!
I hope you have a great week sweets!! XO
My air conditioner exploded on Monday night. I'm still at my parents. MISERABLE IN MY HOUSE! The next time there is a tulsa+ thing let me know ... I'd love to be involved!
LOVE the planking photo!!!
Post a Comment