Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Hi friends! How was your weekend?! 

Mine was good... I am LOVING this fallish weather! I have yet to make it to Starbucks for the infamous first sign of fall...the Pumpkin Spice Latte... but I will. SOON. :) I'm hoping they brought their cider back, too.. *mouth watering* 

So, this weekend was Eric's 10 year reunion from high school! (Even though my mother had a blonde moment today and asked "From college?" and I had to remind her we're not THAT old yet. Sheez.) :)  But, before I get to that, Eric and I somehow managed to attend something every evening last week. No idea how that happened, but not complaining b/c it was a fun week! One of the things we did was luck into some tickets to see Michael Franti and Spearhead opening for Santana! :) Remember when we went to go see Franti at Red Rocks last year? We both really dig his chili and had no idea he was opening for Santana until the week of the concert. Anyway, someone had some extra tix and we got lucky! :) 

Wearing my Franti shirt I got last year with the lyrics to "Say Hey" on it
At the end, Franti invited all the kiddos and people over the age of 60 to come up and jam with him while he sang "Say Hey!" Cutest thing ever. His music just puts me in a good mood. :)

Friday kicked off Eric's reunion weekend and a few of us headed to dinner at Yokozuna for sushi before the cocktail reception at a nearby bar. If you're from Tulsa and have been to Yokozuna, you know they often give away stuff in their fortunes... shots of saki...appetizers...etc..  Eric got one last week that said "Rock, paper, scissors game for a free meal." Soooo of course he had to do it.  Eric vs our server for the best two out of three... ha!

Saturday night was the main event, held at a downtown hotel. :) Admittedly, I was pretty excited b/c I got to rock the dress I found in San Fran at H&M! (We don't have an H&M so I'm looking forward to online ordering opening soon)!
We had a really good time and I got to meet quite a few of Eric's old friends. He has a great guy group that all still hangs out regularly today so it was nice to already know quite a few people and their wives. :)

As a random aside, you might have noticed I got tanner from the first concert pic to the final reunion pic. You might not have noticed at all.. If not, just go with it... haha... Point is, a friend came over and sprayed me b/c she has her own airbrush tanning system as a little side business. And people, I am slightly obsessed with getting one. I.want.one. They're surprsingly not that pricey (depending on type)...and when you like to have a healthy glow sometimes AND want to do it safely, it's quite cost effective. So yeah, totally want a completely unecessary tanning system. Whatever. It is what it is. (It even comes with a pop up tent, people!) No, I'm not actually getting one. But, I told Eric he'd be the one to spray me. Imagine his excitement. (Sarcasm noted). ha!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend, friends! Monday is once again upon us way too fast!

18 comments:

Ashley said...

Your weekend looks like so much fun!!! Gotta love the fall weather and PSLs, obviously :) And I'm glad you liked your airbrush tan- looks so good! I've always wanted to try.

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

The apple cider is back - here's photo proof! http://www.thestrengthoffaith.com/2011/09/for-love-of-fall-starbucks.html. I almost kissed my barista when they told me it was there.

Sarah @ 90 Percent Blonde... said...

Love your dress!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

OMGeeeee! I love that dress! Like I want it. I need it! It looks like you guys had a great time at the reunion!

Emily said...

I had my first PSL of the season on Friday...yum! I love that H&M dress. It looks like you had a good time!

Heidi {Tales From a Suburban Housewife} said...

Just had my first pumpkin spice of the season. So yummy! Love the black dress!

Emily said...

Currently drinking a PSL while reading your blog (and listening to evidence)! Love Michael Franti--I always put a few of his songs on repeat during a longer run because they're so upbeat. Loved the dress you work for the reunion, and of course the airbrush glow--I'm getting airbrushed before I go to NorCal for a long weekend this week :) Happy Monday oxo

Morgan said...

I love your dress! And if you get yourself a spray tan machine-I'm callin you up! Mama needs a spray tan

Miss Chelsea said...

That sounds like a fun concert! I've always wondered if those airbrush tanning things really work... guess now I know!

Claire Kiefer said...

You look amazing in that H&M dress! No wonder you were excited to wear it. And as for Pumpkin Spice Lattes . . . I had one last year and wasn't that into it, but I think it's worth a second try since they're all the rage!

Britt said...

What a fun weekend! Love Michael Franti too! The dress-adorable!

Brown Girl said...

Damn girl, you make that dress look good!! Sounds like a great weekend!

Katie said...

Love that dress!!! I'm still on the hunt for one! PS- totally get one and do a review so I can see if should get one =)

Mateya said...

First off, you look gorgeous!

And I totally noticed you looked more tan but I thought maybe you just edited the picture haha!

katie@tulsadetails said...

First, caramel apple cider from Starbucks is amazing!!!! Next, did Eric win??? Lastly, please get a spray tanner and invite your favorite bloggers over! K, thanks? :)

Caroline said...

Your dress is so cute! And I love Michael Franti! I'm your newest follower through Mateya's blog.

Stacia said...

love the dress! you look stunning!!
did you see my engagement ring :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I love your dress! It looks like something Duchess Kate would wear! :)