Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's OK Thursday!

Linking up with Amber and Neely for for Hey It's OK Thursday!



Its Ok Thursdays


Soooo...

It's OK...

...to have been looking forward to seeing Breaking Dawn on opening night (Friday, not the midnight show) ALL WEEK!

(Even my alarm says "Wake up! Breaking Dawn and the weekend await!" I'm lame).


...to never be able to wear tan, white or winter white without getting something on it. (Staring at a pen mark on my pant leg).

...to have an actual Christmas list this year. You've been more nice than naughty, so why not?! :)

...to HATE checking voicemail. All voicemail. (But then probably be offended if you never had ANY).

...to have at least three pairs of shoes at work and/or in your car at all times. Whatever.

...to be SUPER excited about BOGO at Starbucks today-this weekend! (2-5pm, holiday beverages only...but really.. why would you order anything else?)

...to finally have an iPhone and be a little late to the angry birds party, but totally addicted regardless.

...to put your dog on your Christmas cards...possibly in a Santa hat.

...to let bygones by bygones.

...to have weather in Maui, St. Lucia, or any other tropical destination saved on your cell phone's weather application when you need to daydream for a minute.

...to apply bronzer your face til you realize you just made it a slightly different color than your neck...and then apply it to your neck. #notfoolinganyone. (In denial that I'm about to turn into a nice winter shade commonly called 'Casper').

...to always put your winter hats/gloves in a 'safe storage place' in the spring...and then be unable to find them when it gets cold. (I live in a small, cottage-style house where I have to find 'creative' places for storage).

...to carry approximately 12 lip glosses in your handbag at all times.

...to think of ideas for great holiday hostess gifts all year... until you actually need a holiday hostess gift. Then, you go brain dead.

...to already be listening to Christmas music! :)

19 comments:

Carolyn said...

Love all of this! Our dogs are always on our Christmas cards! They're part of the family. hahahaha

Candace said...

supa cute! umm, the label on your alarm? hilar. and the bronzer? been there, done that!

happy thursday, hun!

Michelle said...

I think there's nothing wrong with dogs on cards! :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

hahaha - I have Greece weather still on my phone! And we are already listening to Christmas music at work too! :)

Emily said...

Ohmygoodness Jackie. I was DYING with most of these...and totally relating to each and every one, minus the dog one--cause I don't have one.

I am totally with you on the voicemail thing. I hate checking it, but if someone doesn't leave a message I'm like uhhh wtf!? And the weather--I thought I was the only one. And the winter white. Sigh.

Happy Happy Thursday!!! oxo

Lindsay said...

Hahaha you sound so much like myself!! I love all of these! And they're all totally okay :)

This was such a great post! lol

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

You are adorable.. I always get stuff on me when I wear white - its horrible! I have so many destinations saved on my phone, and then I get mad when it takes me a minute to find the weather where I actually live! haha Oh, and my Christmas list is a page long!! Santa just needs to get over my mistakes ;) Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!

Claire Kiefer said...

I was smiling all the way through this because pretty much all of your "It's OKs" rang true for me! I have a zillion pairs of shoes in my car, a zillion lip glosses in my purse, can't even think of wearing light colors without getting coffee or wine stains on them, and despise checking voicemail. I'll let voicemails sit there for weeks before I finally listen and delete!

Happy almost end of the week, pretty girl!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I broke down and got an iPhone too. Don't you love it?!! I had Angry Birds on my old phone, but I'm obsessed with Words with Friends! I'm kind of a Scrabble dork!

And I always have WAY too many lip things in my purse. Always. I think I have a problem with as many as I buy!

Mateya said...

I am listening to Christmas music right now :) Love it!

I always put the winter stuff away in special places so I "remember" where they are. Yep, never do.

Holly said...

I thought I was the only one who absolutely hates checking voice mail! Ugh, it's terrible. I always tell everyone to not leave me voice mail that I'll just call back haha.

Loving your blog :)

Brooke said...

Starbucks BOGO? Is this for real?

The bronzer? Everyday of my life.

I hate checking my VM!

& Letting bygones be bygones is such a good trait.

-Loved this post!!

Britt said...

I HATE checking vm too! I would rather call someone back than listening to it.

I have Kauai's weather on my phone and have lots of lip stuff in my purse as well.

Love the list:)

katie@tulsadetails said...

Ha! You're so funny! Can't wait to see twilight!!!!!

Katie said...

Haha, agreed...with all of them! I am hoping to see breaking dawn this weekend, have fun!

Andrea said...

Revlon Lip Butter - you need to get some, my fellow lip gloss addict.

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Oh the bronzer thing....been there and done that! Over-bronzed my face before work the other day and realized I looked like Magda from "There's Something About Mary" haha! Oops : ) Love your list!

Marian said...

I'm all about dressing up the dog for Christmas cards:)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I did the same thing with bronzer on my neck this week. I realized I was two different shades! Ekk! I am soooo excited for Christmas. I've been listening to Christmas music for almost two weeks now and I'm loving it!