Sunday, November 20, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Hi friends! This blog is brought to you courtesy of my new/Eric's old wireless router. Apparently ours has seen better days so he came to my rescue tonight. 

My fav convo today:

Eric: "What did you need to do online tonight? We can do this tomorrow maybe...?"
Me: "I WANT TO BLOG! I ALWAYS READ BLOGS ON SUNDAY NIGHTS!"
Him: "Okay, okay *laughing* calm down. We'll get it fixed."

haha... #blogpanic  ;)

So, how was the weekend? Mine? Purdy good. :) Got some things done, some things didn't get done... but have a long weekend coming up, so whatevs! 

Friday included Breaking Dawn with some girl friends, including fellow Twilight fanatic, Ashley! :) We may have gotten there two hours before the movie a little early to make sure we got good seats. I think the high schoolers must have gone to another theater b/c we were the second people in line....and yeah, I'm admitting that out loud.. er.. in writing.

No, that is not personal-sized box wine. How could you even ask such a thing?! 
 (As an aside, I'm totally watching Twilight on tv as I type this).

Remember when I took a few pics (the masquerade themed ones) with the local org, OkStrobist back in April? Well, they had another fun shoot themed "collegiate life" and I got to participate in the fun! We had band members, football players, fans, cheerleaders, etc! (I was a fan). :) Anyway, here's a cute one that Sherman took! He and I met at the last shoot and I dig his chili. He's super talented! :) If anyone needs a photog in the Tulsa area, please let me know b/c I've met some great, very talented up-and-comers through this fantastic org! And if anyone is a photog looking for some great training and techniques, follow Okstrobist for sure!

Saturday afternoon, I already had on some TU fan wear so it seemed pretty appropriate to head directly to the TU v. UTEP watch party. :) Eric and I cheered on TU from a local restaurant/bar with other alums and students annnnd TU WON! WOOHOO!

Saturday night, Eric and I did some random errands and ended up at his casa hanging out. And guess what.. a certain pup got to come play! Just as he was saying "Don't get up on the.... (couch)," she jumped up, crawled over to him and laid on him. I mean.. how can you resist this face?
Ya think she's happy? haha! :) 

The Route 66 Marathon went right by Eric's neighborhood, so we opted to head out with cowbells and cheer on some runners. :) We were actually waiting on a couple of friends, but ended up having a great time cheering on lots of people til we saw them. :) We were perched in the bed of his truck, wrapped in blankets, in the last 6 miles or so of the race. In other words, some people were really struggling when they ran past us. It was also much colder than it was supposed to be. 

It felt good to cheer and wave and see some people smile at us as they ran by. :) One guy yelled "thank you so much for being here." It was really cute. 
Oh and finally (as if I haven't rambled enough, I saw someone spray paint a mason jar and use it for makeup brushes on pinterest. Soooo I did it! Great idea, me thinks! I sprayed it a color called 'cinnamon' and put some bead things in the bottom to stick the brushes in. I saw someone use coffee beans, but I didn't have those soooo yeah. 
Turned out pretty good, right? 

Bring on the short week, friends! 

18 comments:

Arielle said...

oh my gosh I love that picture!!! Too cute!
And I so saw that on pinterest too! It turned out great! I wanna do that too! :)

http://arielle-ellesentries.blogspot.com/

Victoria @ From Bourbon to Esplanade said...

You have the best weekends! I love reading your weekend recaps! And I'm totally going to have to do the mason jar idea too! Love that!!!

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

sounds like a fun weekend! we watched breaking dawn too! loving the mason jar...adding it to my list!! :)

Ashley said...

Fun weekend! I love the painted mason jar! Super cute! Haven't seen Breaking Dawn yet, but I'm planning to go with some friends this week.

Hope you have a great week!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Eric to the rescue!!!! HAHA i just loved your comment while pouting and wanting it fixed.

Unknown said...

yay for actually attempting something you saw on pinterest!! I actually did the same thing yesterday and posted pics on my blog to show off my pintrest obsession turned genius craftiness haha :)

Sarah @ shadesforeveryadventure.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

I love the jar! I've been wanting to try something like that.

Emily said...

Jackie. You're my fave. Seriously. I just read your Secured Story (while in Secured) and about died. I could see our professor doing something similar but laced with every expletive known to man.

Looks like a wonderful weekend--the convo between you and Eric about reading blogs, and the couch picture--too cute!

Happy Monday!!! oxo

Neely said...

HAHAh oh Eric. I love this. You are too cute. Glad you had a good weekend love!

Unknown said...

LOVE that you took a personal size of boxed wine into the movie. You are seriously my hero, and I think you need to move to Ky. Hilarious

Brooke said...

I love the jar! What a pretty color.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I saw that on Pintrest too (probably from you pin!) and I LOVE it! It turned out so well! I should do that too for my brushes.

Mrs. H said...

I freak out when I can't blog and or read them..which this has been my life lately so it's good to be back. Love the boxed wine..definitely no judging here :)

oh, and I saw the mason jar painted on pinterest too..yours turned out super cute. Might just have to try it!

Marian said...

The picture of you as a fan...I am in love with it!! When I saw it on Facebook, I thought it was the best thing ever!!

katie@tulsadetails said...

Lol - that wine could totally be confused with kid's juice. Wouldn't want that laying around the house when you're babysitting! ; )

TOTALLY stalked your FB when you were tagged in those pics - amazing!!!

Jennifer said...

Fun weekend. I never realized how amazing it can be to have complete strangers cheering you on in a race until I did my first half. It's amazing that you guys did that, especially in the cold. I bet it helped a lot of people!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I just saw Breaking Dawn and Loved it! I also love that jar you made. It turned out really good. Can I just say how cute Gracie looks in that photo. She was sooo excited!

Meredith said...

I love the TU picture! You look so spirited! :) Sorry about my terrible commenting lately (but thank you for being so sweet and continuing to post on mine)! I don't know how you do SO MUCH STUFF--I feel like I'm 1/8 as busy as you but feel exhausted 90% of the time (there's some fun math for you). All of that to say--I enjoy living vicariously through you!