First, blogger is being a beast and refuses to accept my rotated photos so some of them are sideways. Just go with it. I tried to fix them and then ended up getting frustrated and not blogging yesterday. So, by gosh... sideways images or not, I'm blogging today.
Moving went really well! It rained here on Saturday, so we did all of it on Sunday. It was PERFECT moving weather on Sunday... 55 degrees...sunny.. perfect. I think it was a sign. :) I put a lot of my furniture in storage and lemme tell you... $70/month seems high before you've squeezed all your stuff in there. Once you've power lifted a sofa and a zillion boxes into that little space, you're happy to pay just to not think it again for months.
Sooo.. We live in a cute midtown home built in the 30s Eric spent lots of time renovating before we started dating. Adorably fabulous, but ridiculously small closets. A couple years ago, Eric took one of the bedrooms and made it into an Ikea closet with built-ins. Yes, this is one of many reasons I dig him.
| Lookie how organized he is...er.. was... before I added my stuff. And yes, he actually plays that guitar. :) |
| My stuff in the closet room.. haha.. |
| By the first night, I'd gotten all my stuff organized, hung, folded, etc! #winning (This is the side opposite Eric's in the top photo). |
| Pretty drive... |
Eric has given me free reign to decorate a bit so it feels a little more like my space too, so I've ordered a few things and lucked into some AWESOME pillows at Target. I've also taken on a few DIY projects, so we'll see how some of them turn out.. *nervous face* I can't wait to show ya some pics of everything!
One of the things I've already started on is this sunburst mirror using wood shims! :)
![]() |
| From This Old House |
1. Domino magazine is putting out a special edition in April! WHAT?! I love Domino! I was so sad when they stopped publishing, so hopefully they're coming back!
2. I stumbled on a fabulous interior designer's blog, Danielle Oakey Interiors, featuring great, steal-worthy decorating ideas.
Also... another fabulous interior designer and friend, Lauren, has lent some of her expertise my way and given me some great inspiration! You should add her blog, Three Pink Dots, to your google reader fo sho. (<-- No idea where the "fo sho" came from, but I'm leaving it).
This blog is getting long and random, huh? Well, to stick with that... I'll end with a story...
I went to vacuum out my car yesterday b/c it was filled with dirt and leaves from moving stuff all weekend. I was wearing a blouse that looked like this...
Lesson: Don't ever wear a blouse with a tie when using a power vacuum. It might suck in the tie part and almost rip your top off at the car wash, leaving you struggling in business attire with a massive vacuum with no "off" switch. haha... Super.cool. Good grief.
Happy Thursday, friends! I can't wait to read and catch up with what you've been doing the past week! :)


16 comments:
Well herrow to you too! Whenever I read your blog now I hear Monica's voice, "I'm gonna live with a boy!" Ha! Love the room/closet- great idea Eric! Can't wait to see more pics and decorations. Bye, I'm off to check out Three Pink Dots.
So glad you are back, at least for one post:) I've missed you. lol Glad your move went smoothly. I can't wait to see how to make the Bachelor Pad more of a couple retreat. Good luck!
Looks like you are settling in nicely!!! I can't wait to hear about the DIY projects and see more pics!
i am so so glad you are getting all settled in. love that walk in "closet" eeek! so fun. and i was totally laughing at the vacuum scene -- i could so picture it in my mind, and it so could have been me! ha!
Thanks so much for the mention, you are too sweet!
Hahaha that's too funny about the vacuum!!
Glad to hear moving went well - that closet is amazing! I'm slightly (a lot) jealous :)
Congrats on the move!
So glad the move in went well!! You must do a house tour post!! I'm so unmotivated to blog, so I'll have to live vicariously through you!
Omg your bf made a room into a closet before you moved in. KEEPER! also, I am cracking up about your car wash mishap. Last night I zipped my pj pants into my hoodie and it was so hard to get them apart!
LOL, that is such a funny story about the shirt/tie & vacuuming! Yay, life sounds great for you right now! So exciting. And how fabulous is it to be living with a guy who was so organized before meeting you?!? Send some of those vibes my husband's way =)
Seriously, I can't breathe because I was laughing so hard about vacuuming up your blouse. And I laugh because I know I've done that many a times!! Can't wait to see more pics of your "new" home!! It sounds wonderful! I wish we lived closer cause Liam and I are looking into renovating our place as well but we need to find a "guy"!
Happy Thursday lady love!
Yay! So happy the move went well! hahah that vacuum story is hilarious because that is SO something I could see myself doing!
Hey!! Thanks for the linky love! You are so nice. We will get this bachelor pad looking a tad fussier one way or another!
So excited for you, and yes... I pictured the blouse incident and was laughing really hard too! So funny girl...
LOL I am totally laughing at you imaging you swearing at the vacuum trying to suck up your shirt! Classic! LOL
Um...I'm loving Eric's Ikea closet! Def a keeper! lol!
Oh my gosh.... marry him right now. That closet is AWESOME! Please tell me that cute top didn't get ripped up because of the vacuum! At least you were ok!
Post a Comment