Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend Recap!

Hiya friends! I just spent two hours online looking for curtains. Seriously. Why are they (1) so expensive and (2) so hard to find the right ones?! Blerg. Anyway, I finally just gave up and retreated to my happy corner of the interwebs to say hello! 

How was your weekend? Mine was good! Eric was out of town and I had big plans to get some curtains. I was kinda being a big St. Patrick's day party pooper when Timberly convinced me to throw on some green and join the masses in celebrating the holiday. :) 

Historically, St. Pats and I were bffs. The below photo is from four years ago... It makes me laugh and shake my head at myself... Whatever, I had a good time. Don't judge. 
Circa 2008
But in the past couple of years, the thought of fighting the masses, finding a cab, etc, was outweighed by the thought of having a beer at home or at a restaurant away from the crowds. :) This is what happens when you get old, people... :) 

Anyhoo, I'm so glad Timberly convinced me to come play b/c we had a really good time. :) 
I made my Oklahoma shirt with fabric paint! 

Her bow is fantastic, right?

Our little group...with possessed looking eyes. 

Ran into Mary!! Love this chick!

Pretty portion of our skyline with some of the crowd below 

Gracie dog showing off her green 
Hope you had a fantastic weekend, friends!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got some curtains at curtainworks.com a few months ago. I needed extra long ones and they were impossible to find until I came across this site. Hope that helps!

Candace said...

you know you're a grown up when...shopping for curtains becomes an obsession :) i love that you got out on St. Patty's Day, and i love love love the 2008 picture. i may have started singing "i whip my hair back and forth" when i saw it :) happy monday, friend!

Windy City Kelley's said...

I'm jealous! I love St.Patty's Day but of course had to sit this one out since I'm with child. :)

Carolyn said...

HAHAHAHA! I hear ya! I've been on the hunt for curtains too... SO HARD! And I completely agree with the too old for crowds feeling. I had SO MUCH FUN this weekend, but I am definitely glad I don't deal with crowds like that all the time!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Love the group pic! Everyone looks so cute in their green! And that 2008 pic is perfect - it just captures the moment!

Anonymous said...

Even the curtains at IKEA are expensive for what they are. My mom makes her own, because she's all talented with the sewing machine.

Glad to see the evidence of a good weekend!

In This Wonderful Life said...

I need curtains, too! BAD!!

glad you had a good weekend!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Look at ya'll rocking the green and looking good!!

Anonymous said...

Depending on the length, try getting a fabric or canvas shower curtain. I found one recently at West Elm and it was about 50% cheaper than their curtains. I was afraid the top with the brackets would look weird, but with the reaction from friends of mine, they think I found them at a boutique! If only they knew.

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

I LOVE your OK shirt! I may have to copy you! Lol!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you had a fun St. Patty's! Gracie is too cute!