Tuesday, April 24, 2012

If today had a hash tag, it would be #boom

I may have just tweeted that.

Why?

B/c my project I referred to in my last post launched at 4:58 p.m. to all of our eight states and five thousand employees!

Over a year of work plus countless hours in recent weeks by not just me, but the whole Corporate Communications team. I mean.. there are only 6 of us, so it's not an army... which is what makes it even more monumental. :) I'm pretty sure I owe them all some serious wine for putting up with my insanity lately.

Anyway, after the project launched, I did a little cheer at my desk, quickly changed clothes in the bathroom and went to Crossfit to take out some of stress/pent-up energy! I wanted to go to Crossfit so badly to just work some of the stress out that I RAN to my car (I park far from my building) so I could make it...haha... I don't run anywhere, friends...especially to get to a gym. I think I needed to just get it out...

I'm now having a very large glass of wine, taking a deep breath, and settling in to read my New York Times bestselling porn novel.. er... I mean 50 Shades of Grey. Have you read that? I have to admit I bought it to see what all the fuss was about taking over magazine covers, blogs, etc. And I was trying to read something before bed to take my mind off work.

And um.. this book SUCKS YOU IN. And yeah, it's a little steamy, so there's that. But, it's not gratuitous if that makes sense. It's not smut. It's really well-written. I'm at Chapter 7 and I think things are about to get prettttty interesting...

Anyway... my project isn't over. There's going to be some troubleshooting tomorrow I'm sure. And there are still a couple hurdles to overcome. But, today was pretty much the most exciting thing I've done since I started at the company almost two years ago. :) Now let's hope people get to work tomorrow and like what we've done... Cross your fingers, friends. Hoping my celebratory wine isn't overly presumptuous..haha..

With all the sitting at the computer lately, I've actually found a few songs I end up playing on repeat. I do that a lot- find something I like and play it over and over until I'm over it. Anyway, thought I'd share with ya if you're looking for some different tuuuuuuuunes. ;)

Fun. - Some Nights (I'm actually loving everything by Fun right now).
Alex Clare- Too Close (heard this on a commercial and immediately downloaded).
Maroon 5 Ft. Wiz Khalifa- Payphone

( I just realized all those songs have some reference to a relationship gone wrong or some other comparison.. haha.. I just like the beats. I promise there's not some subtlety in there about Eric and me. We're rocking and rolling. :) Pretty funny though. )

Looking forward to being back to normal soon and catching up with y'all!

Oh, and I may have bought myself a celebratory lip gloss tonight at Ulta. It's what I do.

Happy Tuesday!

19 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats on your project! Woohoooo!


And umm I just started 50 Shades yesterday... I'm on chapter 14 and it's messing with my head! I had the weirdest dreams last night haha. I had to buy it on my phone though so the reading is kinda hard staring at my screen for a long time... But I was too embarrassed to even attempt buying the actual book. I'm a baby.

Lindsay said...

Congrats on your project launching! I know you must be so relieved. I'm getting ready to start 50 Shades of Grey. I'm anxious to see what all the fuss is about!

katie@tulsadetails said...

Yay!!!!!! So glad you're all launched!!! Now, you really need that vacay! I think I'll have to wait until the book comes out in the Young adult version, I've already blushed just hearing about it! Clearly, I'm a huge prude!!!

S said...

YAY for your project! Can't.Stop.Reading.Fifty.Shades.Of.Grey.Already.On.Book.Two.

Emily said...

congrats on your work project! sounds like a big accomplishment!

i've heard a lot about fifty shades too, and i'm putting on my summer reading list!

Lauren said...

50 Shades! Loved the books, and actually thought the 2nd and 3rd were better than the first - mostly b/c it's more story, less porn :)

Leslie said...

I read all 3 books in the 50 trilogy in less than a week...AMAZING!! Best books ever. Now I am depressed that they are over and have no idea what to read next! haha!
New follower!! :)

Mrs. Type A said...

Everyone has been telling me to read 50 Shades...so I guess I'll have to do that! I immediately downloaded that Alex Clare song after seeing it on the Internet Explorer commercial as well!

Katie said...

Yay so exciting about your project! Ahhh I loved the 50 series. Seriously so.sad that I'm done reading it!

Candace said...

first things first --- YAY!!! SO so proud of you and your first project!!! whoot-whoot!!!

i have been wanting to read 50 shades too --- it just might be the next book for me :)

and i am obsessed with FUN. do you have the full cd? trying to decide if i want to purshase...hmmm...

Neely said...

BOOOM! Im so so so happy for you friend!

Britney said...

I seriously lost some sleep over those books but I absolutely LOVED them. Very steamy, needed some fresh air and a glass of wine but very very entertaining

Carolyn said...

I'm in the middle of the third book and LOVE THEM! :) so good.

#BOOM! So proud of you.

Mateya said...

Congrats on the big projet....always a relief to be done! :)

I am totally going to give into the hype that is 50 Shades of Gray, it's only a matter of time. I just don't feel like forking over the $30 for the trilogy that I know I will do within a matter of days after starting the first one!

Kate @ The Anniversary Home said...

Just finished 50 Shades last night. Bought it on Monday. Immediately ordered the next two. Feel so guilty admitting that I'm reading this stuff (cause hello, it's RAUNCHY!) but it's soooooo good. Can't wait for the rest.

Congrats with the project!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Wooo!! Big congrats to you on your project! what a great feeling getting that wrapped up with a giant #boom! And this book is so on my list!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your project!

I seriously LOVE the 50 shades series. I am waiting in earnest for the second book to arrive as the first one sucked me in! Enjoy!

Marian said...

Yay for celebatory lip gloss!! You rock girrrrl!!

Britt said...

Almost finished with the Fifty series and this makes me VERY sad. I read book 2 in 24 hours. I guess you can say I really liked them:)