Friday, June 29, 2012

Confessional Friday

Joining in the Confessional Friday fun today.... 

1. I dislike Facebook emailing. I do it.. I mean.. sure.. Sometimes that's the only email I have for someone and I need to email them. And vise versa I'm sure. But I hate it and often neglect it. For some reason, I'd rather clean the grout from in between the bathroom tiles than check it.

2. Okay, this one is a big one. Hanging my head in shame as I type it. I went tanning. Yes, I know. I sit here talking about how I haven't tanned in years, but I was just so pre-vacation pale. I broke down and went. I didn't go a lot (3 times total), but I had to tell someone, so might as well tell the whole internet (random rationale). Anyway, not proud.
3. I let Gracie sleep on the bed when Eric was out of town for work one night last week. Shhhh... he doesn't know. I changed the top blanket out (where she slept) so there was no risk of getting discovered with rogue puppy fur. Besides, he's allergic so I really did remove anything she touched and switched them before he got home. No harm, no foul.

4. I confess that I'm totally addicted to two apps: I'd Cap That and CatPaint. I'd Cap That: Seriously friends, it's freaking hilarious (and often inappropriate. There's your warning). Download the app, select a photo and it captions it for you. Catpaint: You literally put cat photos all over your photos for no reason at all. And it meows when you do it. The cats can even have lasers if you want. I have no idea why I'm 12 years old and find this so funny, but I do.
5. I confess that I purchased a new blow dryer last week-not because I needed one- but because I lost my concentrator nozzle thing. And it’s been lost for over a year. And you can’t just go buy the stupid things alone and ensure they’re going to fit. It's been annoying me for a year, but I've refused to spend $$ on something I didn't really need. Anyway, went to a different stylist last week and she did a cute flippy thing with my bangs. I tried to do it sans concentrator and it didn’t work. So, yeah. I used my 20% off Ulta coupon for a new blow dryer just for that stupid little piece of plastic. But, lookie how cute, right?!

Yay concentrator!
 So yeah, there you have it. These are my confessions... ;)

13 comments:

Candace said...

love your confessions. totally going to right.this.minute. to download i'd cap that :)

p.s. love the flippy bangs! Ii have no clue what do do with my bangs. like, ever! ha!

Chelsea said...

Your confessions are pretty good this week!!! You tanned AND let Gracie sleep on the bed? You daredevil ;) But seriously... I love how you said you just needed to tell someone you went tanning. I'm still too scared so I probably would need to do the same thing :)

I have to get that Cat app! Oh, and I might need to start using my concentrator now because I adore the flip with the bangs!!

Carolyn said...

I'm laughing out loud about that cat photo. HAHA :)

I went tanning before Maui. I get it. I won't judge. :)

Emily said...

Okay I'm so with you about the facebook emailing. If I email it's via gmail or my work account. What kind of blow dryer did you get? (I'm currently using my travel one because I somehow lost my normal one--who does that)!!! Happy Friday Jackie. oxo

Kerr said...

I don't even understand facebook email. Is it the same as a message? I want to quit fb but I never do bc how would I know what's going on?

Unknown said...

First of all, a good blow dryer is a game changer and complete necessity. That and a CHI are critical to my mission! Secondly...stop tanning!!! Haha. Enjoy your vacation!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Ok I need that app! Must have - love cats! Secondly your hair looks great, amazing what a concentrator can do! And love those Ulta coupons. And ok so don't feel bad about tanning because I went Versa Spa spray tanning last night and there was a big FDA warning in there, something about the chemicals. Great...just spent the evening breathing in stuff that will kill me. Sigh, we can never win! And I haven't forgotten the Seattle email for you! :)

C Mae said...

I HAVE to have the nozzle end cappy thingy piece at the end of a hair dryer other wise the damn hair dryer would suck all my hair into the nozzle and burn off! I always take mine on trips, friends house, vacations you name it. :
Oh Sans the Tanning. I may have given up bed tanning, but that's only bc it's sunny and hot year round so I get to lay out just about every weekend...

I guess the only part I feel good about is that I DO wear sunscreen..

Anonymous said...

Bed Bath and Beyond sells an AMAZING scent free spray (and lotion) tanner called SUN by Sun Laboratories. I swear by it. Just dont get too close to your skin when you spray. Sure beats the tanning bed. Also, I MUST know how you did that to your bangs!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Laboratories-Tanning-Micro-Ultra/dp/B0009VDBWY/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1340997399&sr=8-16&keywords=sun

katie@tulsadetails said...

Dying laughing at the cat app! Have just the friend that needs that!

Andrea said...

Loving your hair style!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Your hair looks great! Aw, I love that you let Gracie sleep on the bed. Shhh... Eric will never know!

Jackie!! Tanning is bad!!! Spray tan! As we get old we don't want to become those leather face ladies that we see. You know the ones I'm talking about!

Missy Rose said...

i think i'm going to need to do some confessions. i have some bad ones...but might as well get them out there!