Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What I'm Loving... Tuesday!

So, I didn't want to wait til Wednesday. Whatever. 

I was just sitting here, eating hot tamales and watching the Olympics and I thought "I need to do a what I'm loving post... likerightnow." haha.. :) 

1. The Olympics! I feel like my favorite tv show is airing brand new episodes all day long every single day! I find myself yelling, leaping from my seat, holding my breath, smiling, laughing, crying, clapping.. (Seriously, yesterday during women's synchronized diving,  I realized I was clapping. all alone. in the living room.) 


I always love swimming and gymnastics, but this year I've been loving EVERYTHING. Having food poisoning sucked, sure, but being stuck on the couch wasn't so bad considering so many events were on. 

Did your heart totally break for Jordyn Wieber because mine certainly did. Wow. She's freaking top four! The whole "each team can only send two people" thing isn't right in my opinion. I'm glad more kids get to play in the sandbox, but I just feel badly for Jordyn. *sigh* 

And I'm addicted to swimming. Addicted. Don't you just love Missy Franklin?! Her smile is just infectious! Here she is after winning the 100m backstroke. 
And despite Lochte's hype, I'm still a Phelps girl. He's humble, he's charming, and he's freaking FAST! And he's also pretty fun to follow on instagram and Twitter. You should totally follow him. Just saying.  I mean, I dig Lochte and the whole American team...obvi...but when they're against each other, I'm cheering for Phelps. 
 2. AUSTIN! It's officially booked for Eric's 30th birthday trip in early September! Thank you thank you thank you for the recommendations, advice, etc. We're staying off 4th street so we're close to all the activity. My main thing now is planning some options for activities and food, so if you have any more recs, feel free to keep em coming!
 3. Ginger ale and hot tamales. You know when you're sick and have no appetite for anything at all and then all-of-a-sudden, you FINALLY start feeling better and have a strange craving for something random? Just me? I don't crave these things together, but Ginger Ale has been my beverage of choice since Friday. We're talking I've gone through almost a 12 pack. And hot tamales are just awesome anyway, so there's that. When I'm recovering from being sick, I pretty much give my body whatever it wants to eat, regardless what that is.

 4. How I Met Your Mother. Um... How was I not watching this show until now?! I randomly started watching it from the beginning on Netflix a month or so ago, have managed to pull Eric into the madness, and now we're on Season 5. I find myself saying "high five" and "legend...wait for it...ary." I'm trying to avoid any and all spoilers but am so curious who Ted ends up with! Who is that dang girl with the yellow umbrella?!
5. Tassel necklaces. I've liked these for awhile, but just haven't bitten the bullet. This one is the Windsor  from Stella & Dot. I love S&D, but why are they so pricey? I mean, they're not horrible, but just enough for my to talk myself out of it ya know. 
 6. Pinning fall clothes. It's approximately 110 degrees outside and I'm pinning sweaters and jeans. Whatever.
via Pinterest



10 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Dude. I'm on day two of the stomach virus from hell and can barely choke down dry toast. How the heck are you eating hot tamales!! LOL

Oh, and How I Met your Mother ROCKS!

Christine said...

HIMYM is SO funny!!! Re-runs are on all the time! And don't worry they haven't reeeealy given it away who Ted marries.. it's still kinda up in the air. :) I sell Stella & Dot, and I totally agree with you on some of the pricing, I wish it were a little more affordable, the only thing I can say is that if anything happens to the jewelry they will replace it for free which is different than buying jewelry elsewhere. And if you have a party you could get that necklace for free along with some other things too :)

Kerr said...

I clap at the tv too!

Tiffany said...

I'm in love with your fall outfit. Where is that sweater from??

And I'm totally with you on the Olympics. I just love them. And I'm a Phelps girl all the way. Excited to watch him swim tonight in the 200 fly!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

So, so glad you're feeling better. Nothing worse than food poisoning...nothing! And loving your fall wardrobe pinning! I say, pin away! I know AR and OK are two of the hottest states in the nation right now, so I think we can pin as many fall outfits as we want. Who knows? Maybe it will encourage cooler weather to get it's arse here! : )

Emily said...

i LOVE that fall outfit! super cute!

Katie said...

Loving the Olympics as well! I was having a total crush on Lochte UNTIL I saw that stupid grill he had in...what was up with that?

Unknown said...

You should go to the Salt Lick when you are in Austin. It is the BEST barbecue and it's BYOB. Usually there is a long wait, but just pack your cooler and enjoy a beverage on the patio while you wait :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I am LOVING the Olympics too! Love Missy - everyone that interviews her says she is such an awesome girl, and she seems like she has a great head on her shoulders. And love the women's gymnastics too! I felt so bad for Jordyn too. And YAY for Austin! Can't wait to hear about the city - I've heard great things about it!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay for booking your trip! That's going to be such a great Birthday for him! Girl, I am LOVING the Olympics. I root for Phelps but I can't help but love Ryan. He's such a... how do I put this in a grown up way?.... HOTTIE!