Yup.. you read the subject line correctly!
Let's get right to it, friends!
While Eric and I went to Austin for his actual birthday weekend, we wanted to also have something to celebrate with friends. His mom had the great idea to celebrate his 30th at our tailgate! If you've been following awhile, you know we're pretty die hard TU fans and have a regular tailgate spot with Eric's familia. :) His mom did a ton of work and made the tailgate really special with special touches all the way down to personalized water bottles with Eric's photos!
Annnnnd that's where I'd be focusing this entire blog if not for what happened NEXT!
Midway through the tailgate, Eric came over and said he wanted to say a few words to thank everyone for coming. I looked at him strangely and said something like "Nah.. You've already thanked everyone personally.." He said "Ya think?" I said "Yeah..." He was like "I'm going to say something..." I was like "I really don't think it's necessary, but okay..."
So, I stood there, beer in hand (classy) as he got everyone's attention and proceeded to thank them for being there and celebrating his 30th...
And then, he said "And I also want to thank Jackie for an awesome birthday weekend in Austin last weekend." I thought "Aww...that's nice.." and continued sipping my beer, totally oblivious.
Around this time, friends reported seeing him fidgeting with his back pocket. Again, I was oblivious. Sheez.
Then he said "As most of you know, Jackie and I have been together 4 years..." I still thought nothing was up until he finished that sentence with "And she is my best friend in the entire world.." My eyes got wide and my jaw dropped. I turned around to put my beer down and saw ALL of our friends with their iPhones ready to snap photos... I thought "Ohmygosh, they think something's happening, too! OHMYGOSH!"
I turned back around and Eric dropped to one knee...
And the whole world fell silent in my head. It was like we were the only two people there. It was pretty crazy. I saw him open the little red box and extend it toward me. I wanted to leap over and hug him, but I had to mentally say "Let him keep talking!" I'm pretty sure I wasn't breathing. He asked me to marry him and I said "YES!" at the same time I dropped to my knees and hugged him so hard I'm surprised I didn't take him down. Or at least I think I said yes.. I screamed it in my head, but Eric later said he wasn't sure I actually said it out loud til he asked me to confirm it a few minutes later.. haha!
Our friends and family were SO awesome to capture the proposal in photos! And a VERY special thank you to Eric's longtime friend, Matt, who is an outstanding photographer and captured almost every second of the best moment I've experienced in my 31 years. :) Matt is editing some photos, so I plan to use the final versions for facebook tomorrow or so, but I couldn't resist posting some unedited ones now! I actually kinda attribute meeting Eric to Matt. I don't even know if he knows that (Surprise, Matt!) But I know Matt and I were friends first...and that's how Eric and I first noticed each other.
![]() |
| This is that moment I described where I looked back to put down my drink and realized something was definitely going on. Timberly's face is awesome! |
![]() |
| I love his smile here! |
| It meant so much to have friends and family there. It made the moment even more special, if that's at all possible! |
Eric hadn't told ANYONE except my mom and his parents. So, everyone was completely surprised, too. I can't believe he managed to keep this a secret from everyone!
We got home and I was still grinning from ear to ear. He said "I have something else.." and walked out with some (fake) bling for Gracie dog, too!! I just love this guy so much...
We freshened up and met friends for (many) celebratory cocktails and champagne. This morning, I experienced the most well-deserved hangover I've ever had! haha! :) We got to continue celebrating at brunch with friends this morning (and mimosas...obviously).I just can't believe he totally and completely surprised me...I had absolutely no idea and I'm not just saying that. I mean.. we've been together 4 years.. I was kinda hoping it was happening soon; don't get me wrong. But, I really believed it might be coming around the holidays. He floored me. And to do it at TU...somewhat full circle of our relationship... Just amazing. It was just so perfect and I am so happy.
We never went ring shopping. I really wanted it to be a surprise and I know Eric has great taste (and also the great sense to ask my friends if he really needed help... haha..). He knew I wanted something original and antique-looking, but also simple and classy. He absolutely nailed it. I can't stop staring at the gorgeous jewelry on my ring finger and smiling.
We're getting MARRIED and I'm pretty sure nothing has ever felt so right!!
As a funny to end this novel... I can finally change my pinterest board called "Celebrations" to "Wedding ideas!" I mean.. who was I kidding with that anyway? ;)




59 comments:
Omg congrats!! That's so exciting! What a beautiful ring :)
Congratulations to you and your fiance! I love that you have pictures to look back on of your special moment. He did an awesome job picking out the ring. Enjoy this happy new phase of life :o)
Congratulations!!! So glad we could be there with you on the special day, and photobomb the proposal photos :)
The ring!!!!!! Amazing!!! I love that it was all caught on camera! What an awesome memory to be documented!!! I couldn't be happier for you two!!! Can't wait to read about your wedding plans!!!!
Yay! Yay! Yay! I am so excited for you!!! The ring is gorgeous and what a fun engagement story!! :) Congrats!
Congratulations!!! Yayayayayyy!! So happy for you both and I LOVE the story!!
COULDNT BE HAPPIER FOR YOU! I loved our text chat today and I love your ring. I also adore you and eric! WEDDING PLANNING!!!!!
Such a sweet engagement story! I love that he did this at TU. So happy for you!! And, isn't a diamond the best accessory?! The ring is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy this special time :)
Congratulations!!! Gorgeous ring :)
What a sweet story! Congrats!!!
I was so EXCITED to be the FIRST to comment on FB on that first picture that got posted! I am SOOOO Happy for you!!! Don't feel you "have to" do the year long engagement...I hate when ppl say you're suppose to be engaged for at least a year! Rick and I did it in 8 months to me it was just the right amount of time to plan a wedding! :) I cannot wait to read your upcoming posts! Enjoy all these little moments--dress shopping up next!! Esp since it takes 4-6 months to get a dress altered and ordered!
I loved that he got Gracie girl a gift too! :) What a great guy!
I have been a long time follower of your blog, but this is my first comment! I am so happy for you!! I have been waiting for this post to come... Since you guys went to Hawaii! Hahaha
Congratulations! Can't wait to follow the wedding plans!
Ahhh!! Yay!! Congrats!! The ring is gorgeous!
Can't wait to read about all the wedding plans'
OMG!!! Congratulations!!! I was think that he might propose to you in Austin last weekend for some odd reason. Glad you wore a super cute outfit for all those pictures:)
So exciting! Love the story , pics and rock! Congrats !
Congratulations! Beautiful ring. Have fun planning :)
I've been reading your blog for forever and literally teared up reading this!!! Congratulations!!! So Amazing...Enjoy planning!
What a wonderful proposal!!! And GORGEOUS ring! Congrats girl!
Ahhhhh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So so exciting. Such a great proposal and beautiful ring!
I don't think you understand how excited I am for you!!! Love you so much friend!!
This was so awesome to read! You look beautiful and happy!! What a good man! I might have gotten goose bumps!
Cheers friend!! Best Wishes!
Congratulations! :) yayayayyayy!
Yay!!! Congratulations! So happy for you :)
Congrats! It so nice that you have pictures-- my sister loves the images she has of her engagement, truly a special memory to capture!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I have been waiting for this post for so long :) Y'all are so precious together, you seem to make each other so happy, and I couldn't be happier for you! What a wonderful surprise and a wonderful proposal. Your friends looked so thrilled for you. I'm just over the moon with excitement for you two!! Congratulations!!!
He nailed it and your ring is so pretty and fabulously unique! Congrats again...I loved hearing the engagement story!
OMG!!!!!! Congratulations! :) I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! I can't wait to watch you go through the wedding planning process! I loved all the pics... so sweet!
YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!! So happy for you, Eric & Gracie!!!!! So exciting, and that ring is GORG. xoxo
OMG so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love how he did it. Seems so appropriate for you two! Enjoy this amazing time of just celebrating your engagement. its one of the best. I too thought he was going to propose in Austin but this is so unique and different and love that you have all the pictures. So great :) CONGRATS!
Congrats! I love this story! He did such a great job and I am so happy for y'all!
Congratulations!! So excited for you! The ring is beautiful and you will have so much fun planning everything!! Enjoy every moment of being engaged...it's such an amazing time!
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!
OMMGGGGG! I totally grinned the entire time I read this - eeek! So excited for y'all! I love how he did it with everyone there and am DYING over your ring. SO cool that you have pictures of it too!!! AAHHH I love love! And WEDDINGS! :)
YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you!! You are going to be the most gorgeous bride!!! Those pictures are awesome! I can't even imagine what the other ones will look like!! The ring is perfect!!! Can't wait to read all the details of the wedding planning!!! Congrats!!!
Wooohooo! Long time reader here - so pumped for you guys! Congrats!!
CONGRATULATIONS JAX!! That's awesome!!
YAY!! I'm so happy for you! I mean I've been wondering for a bit too...man when are they going to get engaged. I'm so excited and I was smiling the entire time I was reading your post. I love your ring it's beautiful. Can't wait to follow you along this amazing journey! Congrats.
Congrats!! I have been following for a while and wondering when he was going to put a ring on it ;-)!
Happy wedding planning!
OMG! Congratulations!!!!!! I've been reading your blog forever (can't remember if I've ever commented before) and have been waiting for this moment to happen!! Your ring is gorgeous! I am so happy for you two lovebirds! :)
Oh my gosh!! Congratulations! So amazing! I love that he proposed at a tailgate. You've got a good one there!
~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
Ah!!! So happy for you!!!! I love that he got Gracie her own bling and I love love love your ring!
Congratulations beautiful!!!
SO exciting! Mucho congratulations! xoxo
Congratulations!!! I am so, so excited for you and loved reading about how it happened. Your ring is gorgeous. That's so cool that you have pictures of it, too. Fun fact- I too knelt down during the proposal. I didn't know what else to do! Enjoy this time in your life and good luck with wedding planning! Cheers!
Congratulations! I have been reading your blog for awhile and wondered when I would see this post:) Your ring is beautiful!!!
OMG!!! I am SO SO happy for y'all! I way definitely tearing up at work when reading it :) Congratulations! What a perfect moment for the both of you! and I think that is RIDICULOUSLY adorable that Gracie got her own bling as well. Wish nothing but the best for you guys!
Congratulations!! I'm a long-time blog stalker, but this is my first time to comment! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read all about your wedding planning!
So freaking happy for you guys (as is the rest of the universe--sheesh)! What a perfect way to propose and I can't wait to hear the fun wedding details! You will be a gorgeous bride. :) My only question is where on earth will you honeymoon--you guys have been everywhere! :) Congrats again!
What a gorgeous ring!!! So happy for you- congratulations!
Congratulations Jackie! You will make a beautiful bride!
Jackie, I was so excited to read this just after it happened on FB - and reading it just now almost brought me to tears. I feel like i have known you for years - and you two have such a strong and beautiful relationship. I am SO happy for you - you deserve this so much. I am thrilled for you and can't wait to follow along on your journey!!
Congratulations!! I absolutely love all the pictures!
Omg YAY!!!!!! This is the cutest proposal ever! And I love your adorable tailgating outfit and I love your ring! Congratulations girl! You're going to be THE most gorgeous bride!
This is so exciting! Congratulations!!!!
WOW!!! What a beautiful story!! You totally had me all teary eyed. What a great surprise! (And that ring is GORGEOUS!)
AHHHHHH!!!! Oh my gosh CONGRATS sweet friend! As you can tell I am just now finally logging onto my Reader and I could not have been more excited when I read this post!!! I am just beyond happy for you guys. LOVE your ring and LOVE the sweet story! You look so incredibly happy in your pictures and I wish we were friends in "real life" so that I could give you a giant hug! Sending you a virtual one instead! xx!!1
Wow, I haven't read your blog in a while so this is late, but what awesome news! Congratulations!
Such a great story! I love the bling for the pup!!
Post a Comment