Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIRW

Instead of What I'm Loving Wednesday, I've decided to go rogue and do a What I'm Ranting Wednesday. It's more applicable for my brain today.

Without further adieu, I bring you the randomness that's currently swirling around in my brain...

* I'm pretty sure my flu shot made me feel a little like I have a cold. I know people say that's bullsh*t and it's in my head, but I disagree with them.

* I tried a recipe from Pinterest this week-cilantro lime chicken. The chicken was tender, but the rest of it kinda tasted like the bird must have eaten limes its entire little chicken life. Pinterest fail. Or maybe domestic Jackie fail. Either way.

* The ring on my left hand makes me happy. I can be working on the most mindless and random thing, glance down, and get happy. It's cheesy. It's true.

* I'm one of those addicted-to-magazines people. Glamour. Cosmo. Real Simple. People. Vanity Fair. Love them. Lately, I have an issue with bridal magazines. Have I opened even half of them? Nope. But do I keep accumulating them? You betcha.


Case in point.

* I REALLY wanted to like the new JJ Abram's show, Revolution. But so far, it seems like a lot of really attractive people with swords and bows/arrows running around trying to give me lessons in how technology is ruining the world. (Case in point the woman this week saying "All my photos of my family are on my iPhone. I never even printed them." Or the guy last week saying "I'm a billionaire from google and I'd trade all my money for a roll of toilet paper."). I'm trying to like it, but..yeah.

* I really want to get married next fall. I find it odd that other people think that's weird. People seem to think a year engagement is like waiting til we're 95 years old to get married. *shrugs* Whatever.

* My internet searching consists of wedding-Europe trip (next month!!)-wedding-Europe trip-wedding... haha.. :) Also, I think I should start calling it my Eurotrip. That was such a funny movie. *glances off in distance thinking of some of the funny scenes*

* I got my nails shellaced (is that even a word) when Eric put my pretty ring on my finger (!!) Now some of it is coming up and I have an issue with wanting to peel it off. In meetings. At home. At my desk. I'm sure everyone who sees me doing it cringes inside. Eh well...

I'll stop now b/c you've just spent 2 minutes or so of your life reading my randomness... I have full intention of being more exciting soon. Maybe. Probably not. Happy Wednesday, friends!

14 comments:

Carolyn said...

I still love looking at my ring... that doesn't go away. :) As for waiting a year to get married... I waited 2 YEARS! And it was long, but I actually enjoyed my long engagement phase. The wedding planning time goes so quickly, and it's fun to soak it all in. Plus, I got married in the fall, and I think it's a great time of year for weddings! :)

I have been watching Revolution too. I want to like it... but I'm not sold yet. The iPhone thing got me too. We shall see...

kelsie tribble said...

I'm in the middle of a 13 months engagement, and it has been absolutely fantastic. I can go at my own pace--and ENJOY planning a wedding! It's your day, don't worry about anyone else!

Britt said...

When it comes to wedding planning everyone is going to have an opinion. Do whatever the hell you want. This is yall's day not theirs. I made sure everyone knew that when I was tying the knot. I didn't care if I came off bitchy. haha

Mis En Place said...

Been married since July, 2011 and got engaged almost two years ago and I still stare at my ring all the time :) It's a good sign about the guy you picked!

ty said...

I hoard wedding mags, and I'm not engaged :)

HUGE fail.

Neely said...

I love your randomness....also I peel nailpolish off too

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

11 years later and my ring still makes me grin!
I'm a huge wedding pinner and I've been married for a while now. LOL.

http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

Meghan said...

My ring (and wedding band!) still makes me very happy to look at. We were engaged for 13 months, and it was perfect. I say do what works best for you two! Also, I am really excited to hear more about your Eurotrip. I get nerdily (is that a word?)excited about trip planning, especially when it comes to Europe.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I feel SOOOO behind and need to spend the next 2 hours reading your blog to get caught up. I have missed you and your blog and everyone else. BUT, I am coming back, just wait :) ALSO EUROPE?!?!?

Rachel said...

I am seriously addicted to magazines. It's a guilty pleasure. I wonder how many trees I've killed along the way??

katandkarl said...

FAAAAAAAAlllllll WEDDING. boots, candles, lanterns, yummy colors, mason jars, twinkly lights.

Dammit I want a fall wedding now.

Lauryl Lane said...

Two things:

I agree on the flu shot. I promptly got sick the day after I got my flu shot. My doctor said it was just a coincidence, but I think she was full of shit. I don't get sick. It was DEFINITELY the stupid flu shot. I don't think I'm going to get it again.

A year is not a long engagement, certainly not by wedding industry standards. Most of the top tier vendors are going to be booked out at least a year in advance, so it's always wise to find and book your wedding peeps as soon as possible. I rarely have availability for less than a year out, so just FYI. I only had a nine month engagement, BTW, and it was NOT enough time. Weddings take time to plan, even with a full-on-planner, so the more time you give yourself, the less stressed you'll be.

And a third thing: FALL WEDDINGS!!!! Elegant, candles, tons of gorgeous flowers (fall is SUCH a beautiful season for florals), I'm seeing uber-chic and perhaps quite formal for your wedding? You don't seem like the ranch-wedding type. ;-)

FOURTH: So excited for you! One of my very best friends got engaged the same weekend you did, and we met today to start planning out her floral decor (wedding next year). I live and breath weddings, but friend weddings are always the MOST exciting. Can't wait to hear more about yours!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think you should get married when YOU want to get married. Don't worry about what anyone else says! Plus everyone knows it takes time to plan a GREAT wedding!

Bobbi said...

I had a year engagement...I loved it! I felt no stress at all and enjoyed the process since I plan on only doing it once:)
Also, my flu shot made me feel, well, fluish!