Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend Recap: Catching Up

Long time, no blog... Sorry. I've been consumed by trying to find a venue/date for the wedding. We really wanted to have it at TU's chapel, but they couldn't book us until the fall 2013 football schedule comes out...in February. Blech. So, we re-evaluated and decided to go with somewhere else. Then it became "We should have it somewhere we can have the wedding AND reception..." Anyway, I'll talk more about that later, but needless to say, my free computer time has been spent researching, reviewing photos of wedding sites, etc.

As of lately, I've...

...cooked a little. :)
Slow cooker veggie soup a la Pinterest! It was YUM!

...decorated pumpkins with the girls..
Ashley and Jenny decorated...

Sarah and I drank wine and goofed off...
...hung out with G...
...even though she rolled in cat poo... twice. 


 ...celebrated Matt's 30th birthday!

 ...went to see Journey with Sara! We "didn't stop believin' " til around midnight on Wednesday, so Thursday morning was a little rough... haha...

Awesome ride to the concert! Our friend has an old school Cadillac convertible.  
 ...cheered on TU for a Thursday night home game.

 ...went to Marla's housewarming/OU v TX watch party and got to hang with adorable little Roman! I think he loves his aunt Jax. :)

 ...saw these...
Five stars. Seriously so good. 

Good, but not not as good as the first. 

Final season!
Finally, I'm happy to report we've officially found a fantastic venue for the reception and possibly the wedding, too! :) If TU works out for the ceremony, great. But, if not, we have a great place to hold both. We just have to make it official by dropping off a deposit and filling out paperwork on Tuesday, so I'll post more about it when it's final! YAY! Definitely a fall wedding in 2013...which is what I've always wanted! (Not the 2013 part necessarily, but the fall wedding... you got what I meant). 

So, sorry I've been all MIA on the blog, Twitter, and Instagram. Hopefully I'll be better once that's all finalized! :) 

8 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear about the planning. It sounds like it's going to be great! I keep hearing great things about Argo!

Neely said...

Argo gave me a panic attack

Rachel said...

Yayy so excited for y'all finding a great venue! Can't wait to hear about it!

Britt said...

First, yay for wedding plan progression! It will all workout for the ceremony. Second, Argo was amazing!! I bit all my nails off, but loved it. Third, what are we going to do when GG is over?! The thought makes me so sad.

Kaitlin said...

The picture of G after rolling in the cat poop made me laugh-- why do dogs do that?? ha. Congratulations on finding the venue-- that's a huge step! I love fall weddings...I'm sure yours will be beautiful!

Carolyn said...

I want to see both of those movies! Glad to hear they're good!

So exciting about the venue! :) Can't wait to hear ALL about it!!!

Katie said...

First I must find you in Instagram! Second that is sooo exciting wedding plans are stating to finalize! Fall is such a great time of the year to have a wedding. Third, G looks absolutely adorable in her little pink accents. Lastly I have to agree with taken 2. It was good but definitely not as good as the first!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

YAY! so excited you have a great place scoped out!!! Eeeek!! I really liked Taken 2 and Argo is on my list! He is already getting Oscar buzz!