Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions

When I started this blog, I liked to do a long (rambling) post about whether I met my previous year's resolutions and my new ones for the year. I've kind of gotten away from that. After all, the big picture things stay the same year to year... I really just resolve to be the best version of myself. To me, that means many things that could tie up your blog feeds with deep thoughts and rambles...haha.. Instead, how about I post some of the fun, lighter stuff I think I'll also focus on for 2013...

I resolve to...

* Take better care of my skin. I take decent care of it already, but I could definitely be better. I find myself researching the best eye creams and all that jazz regularly. (When did I get old enough to care about eye cream? Sheez). Anyhoo, Eric's parents got me a Clarisonic for Christmas and I'm already in love! Just one more thing to help my healthy skin routine.

* Run a half marathon. I posted about this awhile ago, but Eric and I are both determined to accomplish this in 2013! Considering I've done one 5K ever...and I may have walked a bit during it... this is not an easy feat for yours truly. It we both want to do it, there's no year like the year we're getting married, right?!

* Eat more vegetables. I don't eat horribly at all. But I definitely don't think about veggies as much as I should. Plan: Include at least one veggie as a side with every meal I make at home. Easy enough, right? (*nervous face*)

* Tackle unpleasant things head on. I have a tendency to put off unpleasant things or tasks, but don't we all?

* Read more. Law school somewhat zapped my love of reading for pleasure but gradually, it's coming back. Last year was a good reading year and I wanna keep it up! :)

* Soak up every little bit of being engaged and wedding planning. I'm a total cheeseball, but I just love it because it means I'm getting closer to marrying Eric. Even writing that makes me smile. See? Total. Cheeseball. *rolling eyes at myself*

* Actually write something in the "about me" section of this blog...haha.. *head hung in shame* Blerg. I kind of forgot about it.

Whatever you resolve, cheers to the new year and to it being a great one, friends!

7 comments:

Ani said...

great goals/resolutions! Our lists are pretty similar

www.catchtwentyone.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Love your list!!! I'm with you on the eyecream thing--I've been using Benefit "It's Potent" eye cream (because I know we both love benefit products!!!), and I'm pretty pleased with the product so far--no dramatic results, but I do notice a little bit of improvement. Happy new year Jackie. oxo

Jordon said...

My birthday is quickly approaching and I am DYING for a Clarisonic! I am hoping it will help brighten my face for upcoming engagement & wedding photos!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I am totally jealous that you got a clarisonic!!! Good luck on all your goals, I'm sure you can accomplish them!

Carolyn said...

I think these are all great goals!

Missy Rose said...

i've been using all natural, homemade face cleanser and moisturizer for the past week and my skin feels and looks amazing! let me know if you're interested in the recipes! and DO ENJOY engagement and wedding planning. and cheese. it. up. xoxo!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Those all all good goals! I got a Clarisonic last year for Christmas and LOVE it too! I only use it one time a day, and I know people who use it more or less. I just love it though!