Hey ya! I was off work Monday for President's Day, so I kinda skipped the whole weekend recap thing on Sunday night. Thought I'd hop to it now...
Friday, Eric and I went to Lucky's to have a nice, slow-paced dinner and celebrate the day of luuuurve. This isn't a great photo, but hey.. it's the one we've got so I'm posting it. :)
Anyhoo, Friday night, Eric, my new bag and I went to Lucky's for dinner and then went to see Safe Haven. :) Per usual, the book was better than the movie in my opinion. They changed quite a bit, I thought. It was still good, but I just preferred the book.
Saturday night, Eric and I went to a dessert party at a friend's house called "Champagne and Sweets." How fun is that?! They have it every year, but this was our first time to attend. It's a cocktail-type event and his wife makes tables and tables full of desserts. They have bartenders on site offering awesome champagne concoctions. My favorite: the bacon waffle. :)
Sunday night, I had a little girls time with some friends since we were off on Monday. :) And then Monday, I went back to a local bridal boutique with my mom....
....TO BUY MY WEDDING DRESS!
That's right! Sara, Beth and I went on Saturday to re-visit my top three (at three different places) and at the final place, Facchianos, I saw a different dress I hadn't tried on before. Randomly decided to try it on even though I wasn't sure the style was what I wanted. Put it on...and fell in love. I walked out and Sara and Beth gasped. (Always a good sign, right?) After parading around in it and totally not wanting to take it off, I was confident I'd found "the one."
| Ignore my haphazard scarf. I'd just come out of the dressing room... |
Absolutely thrilled!
Next wedding step: Registering! We're going this weekend to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get started. :) Thank GOSH for The Knot with all the little reminder emails: "You have 8 months til you're wedding. You should be starting to register." If you have any registry tips, must-haves, etc, feel free to forward my way! :)
******
I'll leave you with a quick pic from this morning. Yesterday, I was in a jacket and today, it's snowing...a lot. The pups were fascinated by the large white flakes falling before I left for work today. :)
10 comments:
High five Eric! Awesome surprise! And congrats on finding thee dress!
Amazing Surprise...Does Eric have brothers?! Cute Picture of the puppies...and can I just say how jealous I am of the dessert/boozy party?! Like I'm already planning my own in my head!? Have a fabulous week Jackie. oxo
EEK! The dress was secured! Check that off the list. Way to go Eric on bag selection. SWOONWORTHY.
Congrats!! I spent a TON of time researching and registering (still a work in progress) and my advice is not to over think it. Register for anything and everything! You will need things at all price points and enough for showers. Plus, most stores give you a percentage off for months after the wedding. I felt a bit awkward registering for certain things, but knowing I can go back a few months later and buy them for myself at a discount, why not?!
THE DRESS is purchased. Can't wait to see it! xoxo.
I love that yellow bag!! It is so great for spring and summer! And congrats on finding THE dress. It's such an exciting moment!
OH I can't wait to see the dress!!! And that bag is to die for!!! Love it!!
I'm so happy you found "the one" can't wait for that long awaited day to actually see it! (unless of course there is a picture on the world wide web you dare to email me for me to see!) :)
Congrats on finding your dress!!!!
YAY!! I'm sooooo excited you found the dress - can't wait to see pics of you in it! And I just love your purse, I want to borrow it! haha!
Post a Comment