Stake Land. Dystopian adventures + vampires + religious fanatics= this movie. Now, don't get me wrong.. I love dystopian stuff...and I've been known to also dig vampire stuff (*coughTwilightcough*), but putting everything together and adding religious fanatics...yeah. And it was pretty gory (*gag*), but not really as much as I thought it would be. (I think Walking Dead has de-sensitized me...haha). I played on Pinterest and half-watched this movie. Admittedly it had a decent plot line (which is more than I can say for some of
Red Dawn. Okay, I actually really did want to see this. For some reason, I missed a RIDICULOUS amount of super popular movies growing up (think Ferris Bueller, Breakfast Club, Breakfast at Tiffany's, etc..) and still (rightfully) get teased about that, but I managed to see the original Red Dawn and really dug it. Anyway, we watched this on Friday night and I liked it decenly well. I mean, I was fine that we watched it in our pjs on the couch for $3 on AppleTV instead of $20 in the theater, so don't go rushing out to rent it from my review here...haha.. but it was okay and kept my attention...which is half the battle when I have my computer booted up while a movie is playing. And it had Peeta. You can't go wrong with Peeta.
Speaking of movies, there are so many good movies out now that I haven't seen yet! And I STILL haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook or Les Mis. :( I mean.. Stake Land was close, but I still want to see the others. ;) I think Eric owes me a movie this weekend now that he's feeling better... Granted, I did make him see Safe Haven...on opening weekend...so there's that. Eh well. Happy Tuesday, friends!


4 comments:
When Im sick A will watch Sex and the city hahahaha
I miss you!
Ugh I've been so sick too. Hope you are feeling better! I still need to see Silver Linings too, I've heard nothing but great things!
HAHAHAHA! Jake is usually in charge of picking movies too. :) And I'm surprised I haven't seen either of these!
Totally agree! Anything with Peeta is good!
Post a Comment