...Knock knock knock- Penny (couldn't miss the third time... from Big Bang Theory).
Where have I been?
I dunno! *Shrugs*
Right here?
Yeah... I think so... but I have no idea how this much time has flown since my last post.
Blerg.
Well... if you follow me on instagram, you're more up to speed. (On that note, I think I'm addicted to instagram, but that's for another day..haha). Anyhoo, I think I've just had wedding planning, work, other events, another friend's (destination) wedding in two weeks....all just swirling around in my brain. My free time is mostly spent knocking things out lately...
I feel like April is kind of an integral month in our wedding planning... save the dates have to get ordered and start going out, I have meetings with florists, we found our officiant (YAY!) and we probably should at least start thinking about caterers...
So yeah... first world problems. ;) I have a friend who calls them champagne problems. I love that. I want to start using that.
I think gets challenging b/c so many vendors are only open during business hours. I WORK during business hours, so yeah. Lunches are often spent calling them or meeting them. Evenings are spent looking at centerpiece/bouquet ideas, etc. for the meetings taking place over lunch.
I'm so excited about it all and having fun, so definitely don't think I'm complaining! I just think I didn't realize how much time had flown since I popped over here last. I've been reading YOUR blogs, but mine hasn't felt the love lately...haha...
I think I make some of the wedding stuff more challenging b/c I'm kinda bad with decisions sometimes. Some other lawyer friends of mine are also bad with decisions. I think it's b/c we look at all sides of things...and then look at all sides again... and possibly one more time...just for good measure... haha...Or maybe that's just what I tell myself to feel better. Whatever. So I'm like "What core colors should we go with in the centerpieces? Hmm..." *tilts head in thought* and then I end up talking myself in and out of things approximately 10 times. In short, I'm excited to nail down the florist we want to use and get something on paper b/c I won't change it once we do that.
I blame pinterest for all these fabulous ideas making decisions even harder! :)
Anyhoo, just wanted to pop in with some randomness and say howdy. Hopefully you'll see my face...er...writing...er...whatever...around these parts more often.
Happy Tuesday!
7 comments:
I loved your dress you wore the other night. So pretty. And what do you use to curl your hair? It always looks so perfect.
If you need to vent text me. But seriously champagne problems...Im stealing that
I second Caroline's comment - I loved your dress too! I forgot to ask you where it was from! And I think I STILL need to email you back...blurg I am a slacker too! "Champagne problems" = amazing! And I can totally relate to you too - I am NOT a good decision maker and I'm like you, "what if there is a better center piece out there!" That's why when it comes to going out to dinner and choosing a restaurant I usually let Nick or my friends decide!
No idea if you already have some florists picked out and narrowed down, but if you're still looking I highly recommend Lindi at The Bridal Garden. She was super sweet and did a beautiful job on all of our ceremony and reception flowers! Here's her website: http://bridalgardenbylindi.com/
Oh, my, gosh. I love the term "champagne problems"!!! I'll expand the use of that term to the Cincinnati area :)
Love your blog and, as a fellow bride-to-be, I feel the same way about going back and forth on every single potential decision until I had a headache and need a glass of wine to relax! I blame Pinterest and being a perfectionist! On the bright side, since the decisions are so difficult for us, you'll feel SO much better when you finally decide! Glass half full?
Xo,
Katie
sappyandhappy.blogspot.com
i just found your blog and i'm obsessed with the name of it! the 20s is my favorite era in history and it's such a cute play on words!
Yay for wedding planning!!! I want to hear more details!!
Post a Comment