Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wedding Wednesday...on a Thursday.

So I started this post yesterday and something came up (seems to be the story of my last month). So posting it a day late.

Well...what have I been up to lately? Hmm..  > wedding planning > lots of work, including a big executive meeting I was in charge of (that went super well- yay!) >  some fun weekend events, including a few bike races for Eric > hired a personal trainer to get my arse in gear (and she's AWESOME, people). I just wish she wasn't too pricey to keep full time! > I got a spray tan and stepped in solution so the bottoms of my feet were burnt orange for like 2 weeks (it was hilarious) > got an intern at work that's fabulous and reports to me (fun!) > shopped more than I should > Eric and I found a house....and then realized it needed so much work it was ridiculous and bailed (no, we're not even looking seriously, just stumbled onto it) > burned/ruined a few dinners I tried to make > planning my best friend's baby shower (!!!) > meeting LOTS of babies this month, including Beth's twins (post from her shower) > and more! So yeah, that was stream of conciousness but gives you an idea of lately! :)


But, on to a wedding Wednesday post for fun! Here goes:

* Eric and I met with our (awesome) caterer yesterday at the venue to discuss where tables will go. I think we're going to do a mix of long and round tables. I love the long tables so much. Meeting with him today created so many questions! (Insert Jackie with a deer-in-headlights look). Do we want chargers for plates? Do we want to do a ceiling draping or gobo lights? What should the linens on our cake table look like? I could go on and on. Glad we had that meeting b/c I'm bad with decisions and have time to think about them now.

* We still haven't booked our honeymoon. We have plenty of time...plenty.. but I'm totally wanting a vacation to daydream about...haha... We have no idea. We want to go somewhere for like 10 days, if possible.

Criteria:
(1) international (b/c we are both on our phones a lot in the states. This honeymoon= no work emails).
(2) tropical/beachy.
(3) with things to do aside from the beach...hiking, surfing, exploring, etc.
(4) BUT not super crazy-industrialized. Places to eat and things to do, but preferably not a Baby Gap on every corner. (Nothing wrong with Gap, just saying).
(5) Decently safe enough to venture around the island without being worried about becoming a Dateline Special.

We have been so lucky and fortunate to get to so some cool places in the past so I think there's some pressure regarding comparisons. Regardless where we go, we'll have a blast. I know that. And we are so lucky to get to go somewhere at all. My parents couldn't even afford a honeymoon when they got married. :(

Anyway, recommendations welcome...

* We have booked one trip, though...my bachelorette party! We're going to my favorite city... CHICAGO! I am so freaking excited! Bleacher seats at the Cubs game, great food, possibly some dancing, Lake Michigan... eek!

* My wedding dress isn't in yet. No I'm not getting alarmed at all. (sarcasm font needed) I have plenty of time, but I ordered that sucker in February!

* Speaking of wedding dresses, I've learned to never google image search your wedding dress. You'll see other girls in it and start critiquing the dress. I had to lock it up and remind myself how much I loved it on MY body, not the random google strangers. (I couldn't take photos at the boutique so it's just left to memory til the sucker comes in).

* Did any of you have a panic where you started to wonder if the reception room will look like you want it to? I mean...not like I've done that at all...yesterday...while meeting with the caterer...No, I didn't do that at all.

* Did you do favors? If so, what did you do?


Okay, so hopefully I'll get my butt back on here soon. Have to admit I love seeing you guys on instagram, though. Keeps me updated. :)


12 comments:

Unknown said...

My favors were stemless wine glasses with the date etched in and a cute pic of a dress/suit. They were pretty cheap too, only about $1 each. Food is also always good - fancy salted caramels, etc.

I'm going to give you my best wedding advice - have your bridesmaids send you pics of their dress. I have been in two weddings this summer and at BOTH of them someone showed up with the wrong color dress.

Carolyn said...

Yay for a wedding post!! :) :) :) Honeymoon! EEK!!! We went to Maui, and while it's not international, it fits all your other criteria. We LOVED it! And if you want a little more "natural", Kauai is a great option I've heard! That's on our someday list!!

Ginger said...

We went to Costa Rica... The Guanacaste region. It was fabulous and I have never felt safer! We went in to "town" several times to eat and shop. The activities are awesome....zip lines, rapids, hikes, horseback rides, and volcano tours. We could also take surf lessons but went deep sea fishing instead. Fun lots of local spots for great food. We can't wait to go back!

~April~ said...

I think you should go to the Maldives, Bora Bora, or Tahiti :)

S said...

Mykonos or Santorini in Greece. GORGEOUS islands and opportunities to take in the history, too. Mykonos boasts one of the biggest night life cities in Greece. Bryan and I loved both of those islands and I keep telling him we need to go back.

Favors: We did bags of puppy chow (you know, the chex mix with chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar deliciousness). Everyone loved it and there wasn't a single bag left.

Anonymous said...

Please help me to get good wedding themes online. You can also tell your unique ideas.
venues in santa monica

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Yay for weddings! You guys have been super busy but all good stuff! I know we were emailing a while about ago Thaiti/Bora Bora, so if you want to pick up on that convo just let me know! It's very true what you said - there is a lot of pressure for honeymoons I feel like. Even if you were car camping you would still have a blast!!!

Candace said...

no matter what you end up doing, it is going to be FABULOUS!!!! just breathe, and smile, and don't worry about all of the small details --- i promise when you look back, it'll be perfect.Xo

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds like you're getting tons of wedding stuff taken care of! Have you thought about Brazil as a honeymoon spot? They've got the beaches and tons of other stuff to keep you busy.

nursekimbrough said...

I don't instagram so I was excited to see an update. Was beginning to think you'd eloped and didn't want to tell us. :)

megan said...

We just got married in March and instead of doing favors, we donated money to the American Heart Association in honor of my husband's deceased brother. Such a special thing to do in his honor and it wasn't something that people would just toss in the trash. :)

Unknown said...

I bet you'll find the PERFECT honeymoon location! And lets talk about those pillows... you NEED them. :)