Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Being thankful...

I think giving thanks is something that should happen every day, but on this Thanksgiving, it makes me even more thankful and reflective for the MANY things for which I'm grateful. Thought I'd post just a few things I'm thankful for this year... 

* For my new amazing husband (still love saying that!), Eric, and for the journey we've been on together and the journey yet to come.


* For being a Tulsan/Oklahoman. I love it here. Does that mean Eric and I will never move? Not at all. But, there have been several instances lately when I've been reminded just how much I love the people here. I make friends with people in line at the supermarket, I witness someone stopping to help change a flat tire for a stranger, we get to know our neighbors...It's just good to be a Tulsan and I'm thankful I will carry that with me wherever I go. :)


* For our fur kids, Gracie and Winston. We're coming up on a year of having little Winston in our lives and it feels like he's been there forever. :) And Gracie dog...She's been greeting me at the door for over 6 years every day and I'm so thankful for that 20 pound bundle of love. 

* For my friends that have become my family in so many ways. A few times this year, I was reminded that not everyone is blessed with such amazing friends. I'm surrounded by very good people and I am so grateful.

* For my job and my team/friends at work. No matter where you work, there are challenging (to put it nicely) days and I 'm thankful to have a good job, but also to work with some great people to make the victories sweeter and the frustrations bearable.
* For my family...and my NEW family! :) When I think of my (deceased) father, it's always with fondness and memories...rarely with tears. I'm thankful to have had him in my life for the time I did and I really try not to think too much about what it would be like to have him here now because it makes me sad. But, as the wedding approached, it really was a little emotionally overwhelming a few times to think about him not being there. It actually took me by surprise a few moments at how overcome I got about it. As frustrated as I get at my mother sometimes (and I'm sure the feeling is mutual...haha), I'm so fortunate to have her in my life and to have had her walk me down the aisle. And I'm so grateful for my NEW family in Eric's family. :) They've been family to me for years, but it feels really great that it's official. 

I hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving tomorrow, friends! 

2 comments:

Bri said...

Love this! Happy people aren't thankful ... thankful people are happy. Happy Thanksgiving!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving!