Obviously overdramatic, but have some recent observations.
1. I've started to notice a few folks looking awfully flawless in photos on social media. My thoughts went from "Wow, awesome skin!" to "Wait...that looks fake and doesn't match his/her neck." So I googled it. I had NO idea there are apps out there to basically airbrush your face! You can lift cheeks, add blush, apply lashes... WHAT?!
* Who has that much time? B/c seriously playing with an app took me like 10 minutes for one photo!
* It's a selfie, not a resume for America's Next Top Model.
* Doesn't it make your other normal, unedited selfies appear subpar? Then you're forced into some pattern of constant editing?
Obviously some deep thoughts by Jackie. So I got one of the (free) apps I read about, Perfect 365. And people, it's weird. I didn't even go drastic, but check out the below difference.
| Left: edited, right: not. Not like you needed me to point that out. |
So know that if you're reading this and using the apps and feeling offended, I am 99.9 percent sure this isn't even about you. I'm talking about people that pretty much gave themselves a tan that didn't match their neck, widened their eyes and basically just went all extreme makeover through an app...haha... Fixing a blemish or some under eye circles? You go, girl.
But did you know these apps even existed?! Bizarre.
Anyway...
2. Why are so many people on social media selling things these days? Body wraps, skin care, food products? Iamsoconfused. But I am admittedly also intrigued by the business models. I mean, I obviously trust my friends so if they say it works, I'm automatically interested even if it's something I dont need/want. Genius. Anyway, just have noticed a lot of this stuff lately.
3. I really wanted to try a certain self tanner. I found it online on Amazon for $10 cheaper than anywhere else... and that price is consistent with other sellers on Amazon, so it's not some rogue seller. So I ordered it. But then I read a review like a page and a half in that says "this isn't the real stuff and won't work." Well crap. But the other reviewers love it and say it's the real deal. And the seller is legit with good reviews. So, friends, if I was deceived, prepare for my coffee stained self to do a post about scaring small children with my "tan."
End rant.
3 comments:
You look way better in the unedited picture! Beautiful :) I think with the state of our economy and generation, a lot of people are trying out the good ol' network marketing businesses. I want to try those fiber lashes that are all the rage lol But not willing to shell out $35 for them. lol
I refuse to take the time to edit my selfies. I'm just over it lol. I want to know what tanner! Also when you went to Hawaii what sunscreen did you use? I'm trying to find a good one.
I had no idea these apps even existed either! But honestly, you look better in the untouched one!
Post a Comment