(I hope all these pics pull up. A lot were just copy paste from email, so let me know if they don't por favor).
Hi friends! Guess what! Guess what! We closed on our house on Thursday!
Everything went fabulously and we had keys (and beers) in our hands by lunchtime Thursday!
Wahoo!
We decided to wait to celebrate since Eric had to work Friday (It was my every-other-Friday-off Friday). So on Friday, I went to my hair appt. And randomly decided that new house= new hair! ha! I'd really kinda been admiring the new shorter cuts like Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere and Kaley Cuoco's bob (Apparently as of today, she has a pixie cut. Thanks, google).
I wasn't planning to cut it yet, but was definitely feeling the urge. I showed Candice (my friend and stylist) the pics I like and she was like "OMG let's do it!" and the rest, my friends, is...well... a big pile of hair...
Anyway, I loved my long hair when I curled it, but it's so stick straight normally that it was looking really stringy when I didn't curl it. So.. hooray for a fresh cut! :) Sometimes I think I just grow my hair out so I can cut it again...and vise versa...haha!
So...back to regular programming... Friday night, we went back over to our house to meet with another architect! And took a selfie. In our living room! YAY!
Then Mexican food and cocktails happened.
Saturday, we decided to hit up the pool store, bought some nice raft things, loaded up a grill and headed to our new house. No, we haven't moved anything else over. Just pool rafts. Priorities.
I have a feeling this isn't going to suck in the summer...
And we had our first dinner at the new house! Our table was a storage tub, plates were paper, champagne was in plastic glasses...and it was perfect. :)
| The yard extends beyond the trees/bushes behind the pool. They kind of create a nice private area around the pool. :) |
Yesterday, a couple of friends joined us at the new house for some pool time and we took the pups over for the first time! They LOVED it! They didn't so much love swimming, so we didn't force them, but they ran around the big yard and explored so much. It was adorable. I have videos but no photos. Oops.
I have some photos of the house, but I have better ones saved on my home computer so I'll upload soon. I like the way the house looks completely empty. The only photos I have handy have the former owner's stuff in them. Plus, I think it will be cool to talk about what we want to do with some of the photos. :) We have meetings with a handful of architects this week, so we'll get an idea of who we want to use and then be able to get started with planning!! We've heard to do the existing footprint first and then do the master add-on we want in phase two. But then we've also heard to do the master addition first and existing footprint after since it will be easier. So we just don't really know. It will likely depend on timing and cost for what makes the most sense. Our phases will be pretty close together, but we just aren't sure where to start.
So it was a pretty fantastic weekend for the Griffins, not gonna lie. Also... Do you know that no one at my office has noticed my hair cut? NO ONE. I cut like 10 inches off, people! ha! So observant, so observant.
Happy Monday, friends!
10 comments:
So cute, and um.. nicest pool ever!
I'm definitely cutting my hair soon. Definitely definitely, and this just sealed the deal for me.
looooove the new house!
Is your office all guys? Then that would totally explain it ;)! Can't wait to see pics of the house!! Soooo exciting!
Can't wait to see more pics of the house!! Congrats!! That pool looks amazing and I love your new hair cut!!
Congrats on the new house! I love your new hair! Perfect for summer!
Love that pool and your backyard! I have a feeling you'll be having lots of good parties back there! So happy for you guys! And your hair looks amazing, you are inspiring me to chop it off. Do you mainly work with men? They never notice things like that! haha!
So so awesome to have a pool...the backyard looks awesome, I can't wait to see the rest!
So exciting about the new house!! Congratulations again. Cannot wait to see more photos and the plans.
Ugh, I swear a ton of people did not notice my drastic cut too! I cut off 5 inches!! I just got my new hot tools 1 inch curling iron last night and I'm excited to try your recommendations!
I am totally jealous of that pool. I mean really. I'm sweating in 100 degree weather with no pool. JEALOUS! lol Congrats on the house, I can't wait to see photos. I bet it's awesome!
It is so good to see such a positive, happy person. It really inspires me to be the best that I can be, so thank you.
Post a Comment