Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"I could do that"

In this job search I've found that I often say "I could do that" with..um.. pretty much everything. lol! Anyway, it's funny.. b/c it ranges from construction to being the CEO of a company.. Whatever, right? Speaking of, I had my interview yesterday annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... got a call back to have a 2nd one tomorrow!! So, Im guessing the first one went well!! :) The job is for a speech writer/public affairs professional position with a local company. It would be for a 5 state region, so that's kinda cool, right?! Anyway, I'd be able to use my strong writing skills (in my opinion) with other skills I've learned! I wouldnt have taken the interview unless I was truly interested, so hope it goes well! Fact is, Im up against lots of people...both internal employees and external applicants. I'm sure a lot of them have more experience, but I'm totally crossing my fingers! Tomorrow, they'll give me about an hour to write a speech or some other writing exercise. Yikes! Then, I guess I have another in-person interview if they like what I wrote. I'm not really all that nervous to be honest. I mean.. they'll either like it or they wont.. but I hope they do.. :)

I have NO idea how much money to ask for.. like EVER. I mean.. I know I have little experience, but people see my law degree and automatically think Im worth more.. but I cant make myself worth TOO much b/c then I'll never get a job. *sigh* haha.. Oh well.. I guess that's what negotiation is for, right?!

My mom is still pretty unhappy about me not applying to more law firms. I'm not avoiding them... but well.. I just dont know. *sigh* It's just a gut feeling, I suppose..

Okay, that's all I've got for ya... Blog later!

2 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

i had no idea that you were job searching... break a leg!

Anonymous said...

you will get the job baller you are #1 i <3 u xoxo