Friday, May 18, 2007

Two chicks and no movers!

Pictured above: Laura and me about to enter the "Enchanted Boardwalk" at the Renaissance Faire.. :) Anyway, today, I helped her move. We planned on taking some stuff over then meeting the movers at her old place.. Um.. except they NEVER. SHOWED. UP. I think the best was that they called her at 8am to ask if they could come early b/c they had a cancellation. Not having signed her lease yet, she said that later was better.. They agreed to stick to the original time and call later. We called them at um.. 2.. and 3...and 3:30.. and on and on.. until they turned OFF their cell phone. Yeah. So, at about 5:45, she got a hold of another company to move her tomorrow. What jerks!!! I guess that's what we get for going with someone called "Smooth Movers" lol.. Seriously...they had a good rep. Whatev. Anyway, she and I were strong today and moved A. LOT. anyway. Hooray for us!! :) So, I'm tired and am home blogging on this lovely Friday night. :)

I also got my call for my 3rd interview with the company today. I mean.. I had gotten the call before, but it was kinda the "save the date" interview version.. lol.. So, I waited patiently to hear from them and they finally called today to set up a time for next week! Wish me luck, people!! I really want it!!! As Sarah would say.. "ooh.. NERVOUS..." ;) In other news, I have been applying like a mad woman to places b/c things seem to be opening up a little more.. So.. something has to pan out, right?! It's weird though.. b/c I WANT a job.. and I want one that Im interested in...but if I land one, I will still be bummed to not be moving to Chicago in all likelihood. I mean.. if I dont find one, I will be in Chi town for sure... What's meant to be is meant to be and I really DO want the job Im interviewing for... If I dont get it, I think Im gonna start applying in Chi town.. or maybe get a recruiter there or something... :)

So, Sweet Home Alabama was on tonight during my Friday night at home! :) I had NO idea that Reese's fiance in the show is PATRICK DEMPSEY!! I also think the whole baby-in-a-bar chick is the same chick in NOtes from the Underbelly.. but I could be wrong. They have the same first name.. I looked it up.. but she could have gotten married.. Hmm...

***SPEAKING OF GREYS*** WHAT. THE. HELL. happened last night?!!! I know infidelity is so bad.. but George and Izzy belong together. I dont like Callie and I dont know why.. Its kinda like when I refused to buy Shania CDs b/c I felt like she was working against Faith Hill. Whatever. It's all a competition with me. Anyway...also.. what is UP with Meredith's sister being the one who hit on Derek??? And you know what cracks me up?? Last week, I SOOO thought "gah.. she sounds like whiney Meredith" Hmm.. I read a spoiler for next season. She doesnt stop trying for Derek. Just FYI. George failed. That sucks. I am so pissed about the NONRESOLUTIONS with ANNNNNYTHING last night.. I mean. COME. ON. Give us SOMETHING. *sigh* I am glad the chief isnt resigning though... Poo... major poo...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know. The Grey's finale was no good. They just left us hanging with the same issues that were going on all season. I wanted something resolved. Other than the Christina-Burke thing, nothing else was cleared up. Annoying!!

Why do you read spoilers? You're crazy. Don't post any of them...for those of us who DON'T like a ruined surprise :)