Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I want a shirt with my name on it...

Why? B/c I'm a mechanic...apparently. (and b/c the shirts are cute kinda..) Anyway...the last time I got my oil changed, they did NOT check my coolant OR my wiper fluid. How do I know? Well.. when my "low coolant" light went on, it dawned on me. The wiper fluid was obvious.

I added a little coolant earlier this month when the same thing happened. I didnt add enough apparently b/c the light went on again. I have a tiny leak in my manifold. Sounds serious...but its so little that most places just say as long as I watch my coolant, I'm fine. That said, as long as the places who do my oil changes actually refill the coolant, things are great! (knock on wood).

Welp, this time, they obviously didnt refill it (or the wiper fluid) AND failed to turn off my "oil change" dinging light that goes on every time I turn on the car. *sigh* Annnnoying.

So, off I went to wally world to buy coolant. Bought it with relative ease.

Standing by car, read coolant "Wait until car adequately cools to fill."


Inner thoughts:
Um. What? What does that mean? How long is THAT supposed to take? I mean.. I was in Wal-Mart for about 15 minutes. A guy totally wrote these instructions. *eye roll*

With a girly-looking cringe in my fluffy, winter-white Guess coat, I stood back and unscrewed the cap. It was very anticlimactic. I guess it had "adequately cooled." Whew.

Anyway, when I pay for a service, I expect them to DO. IT. Ugh. I could have waited in line and complained so they could fill the coolant, fix the "oil change" light AND refill the washer fluid, but really.. that would have just taken my whole lunch break and pissed me off.

Maybe it's the season. Maybe it's the time of the month-haha-kidding. Whatever. It doesn't take much lately to get me irritated.

Welp, a reminder for a meeting just popped up on my screen.. I have no idea what it is, but I'm obviously supposed to be there. Sooooo.. lates, people.

5 comments:

brooke knight said...

are you getting the kind premixed with water? i hope so.

that is a pain in the ass! boo! you should have gone back to the place and bitched!

katandkarl said...

i hate those mysterious meeting reminders.

grab calendar, blank pad, pen and run!

Lauryl Lane said...

that is not cool. i agree, pay them to DO THEIR JOB!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I got the premixed kind. Easier the better!! LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

Miss T! Dont get the premixed kind! First time it freezes when your driving your windshield will turn into a sheet of ice and blind you. Only get the premixed during the warm weather months!