Happy Day After Christmas!
Mom and I had a great day together, despite me being a horrible daughter. Oh, what do I mean? I'll tell you.. I took her to see PS I Love You. Have I mentioned that my dad DIED when I was younger? Yeah, well.. taking my mom to see a movie about a husband dying.. on CHRISTMAS was not a good idea. *sigh* I only did it b/c I heard it "wasn't about death at all...it's really cute and funny.." Really?! Um. That was NOT my idea of cute and/or funny. Plus, mom and I both agreed that it was a little freaky and morbid that Hilary Swank got letters from him for a YEAR after he died. Dude.
Anyway, we ate good food and opened gifts and had a great time chatting, etc.. :) We might have a small family, but it's a good family nonethless. Oh, and I got an Ipod! Yes, I realize I am way behind but I really didnt want one until recently. Now, I kinda feel like I'm way behind the times since it took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to get the damn thing out of the package. Yeah. Really. But, tonight, Maureen said she'd help me with the uploading thing...
Lauren, A love and I went to grab a glass of wine after Christmas with our families. Good times and some semi-good photos. None of us were feeling photogenic. Maybe I'll post them later after I get off work. We all agreed that this year didnt really feel like Christmas.. Maybe it was the ice storm or flight delays or something.. but it just didn't quite feel like it. I mean.. I only had one day off which was way weird. I volunteered to work this week since I'm taking New Years Eve and the day after New Years off.
Welp, that's all I've got for ya. Hope you all had a great holiday! :)
4 comments:
sounds like you had a pretty decent christmas, miss jackie (movie disasters aside). hope your new years is just as great. : ) xoxo
uh, yeah, I'm not going to see that movie either. yikes.
glad your christmas was good/merry/bright whatever. and I STILL need to send your mail. I'll probably do it friday...
um, yeah, didn't think that movie looked too great. we, on the other hand, watched sweeney todd to round out our christmas evening - and it was bloody fantastic. i do mean bloody. ;) glad your day was grand!
Small families can have fun. It is just Jacob & I and we seem to have a good time...Have a Happy New Year!
Post a Comment