Weekend=relaxing...and needed. :)
Friday, grabbed some dinner and went to a bar for a few beers.. Very laid back and low maintenance. *happy sigh*
Sat, my anti-decision-making-anti-commitment-self went and looked for stuff for my bed and bath. After some meandering, pulled out the check card for a very comfy bath rug (in black), some towels at the JCP home sale (in white) and some accent hand towels (in black) :) Cleaned my shower curtain and wha-lah! Cuter bathroom! :) I want to get some wooden letters and paint them black (to match my shower curtain with the fun type face all over it). I need something to spell, though.. "w-a-s-h?" or "b-a-t-h?" Geez.. I dunno. And...and..I'm gonna put towel hooks on the letters.
Also, just got done rearranging my room. It was a DIS-AS-TER at first, but after likely annoying my downstairs neighbor to death, it looks good! Still some work to do and still need fun sheets.. I decided since the comforter is white, I want to get some bright sheets with or without pattern and some eclectic pillows! Recommendations for either are welcome. Think fun, bold, funky, textured, pattered, bright...and you're on the right track. I'm tired of my bedroom being so color coordinated/matchy-matchy.
I like my home project. It makes me feel occupied and therefore less first-of-the-year-funk focused. :)
Other things:
I have a boyfriend; you know that.. but if I were looking... I think I've found the PERFECT way to pick up guys. You see, every time I wear my Cubs tshirt, guys-decently attractive guys-make comments like "Hey, feel your pain.." or "Go Cubs! You make any of the games?" Typically, I forget I even have the shirt on and look perpexed at their behavior for a good 5 seconds...if I hear them at all.. lol! But, seriously, if I wanted to pick up guys, I think I'd buy a shirt from every major sports team in the area...and learn enough to say something intelligent about them to start a convo. Yup. Granted, you could end up with a crazed fan with foam fingers, but whatever...
While we're on sports, can you believe the Chargers won today?!! Aaron's likely more excited than me, but after watching game after game with him over the past couple years, I think I might be headed towards being an actual "fan." ;)
Hope you had a great weekend!
5 comments:
every time i wear a red sox t-shirt, i am guaranteed to get some play. i even got free italian ice in the river market once while wearing one. : )
yay for redecorating! and jcpenney's towels are allegedly the best!
also, I vote for "bubble" or "bubbles" or "suds" or "soap" for your word.
check out sheets at west elm OR go to overstock or amazon and get some high thread count ones. My FAVE pair of sheets is from overstock.com. $40 for a 400 thread count set is a deal. I'll email you suggestions. :)
Fun fun!! I can't believe you finally go to your bathroom. You've only been talking about it since you moved in.
Depressing weekend for Colt and Cowboys fans (which I'm both). And not fun to watch it with an insane Giants fun (like Dave). However, I do hope the Chargers can beat the Patriots!
i like "clean" for your words... and i want to see pictures!!! please, i just love seeing "home" photos of my friend's places. also, pottery barn had a lot of bright and funky throw pillows for sale (like in clearance) on their website when i was browsing last week. don't know if they're still there, but wouldn't hurt to check!
Lauryl beat me to it, but I was going to say c-l-e-a-n. I like "wash" too, but not "bath."
I agree with The Company Store. They have good brights, usually.
I don't think the Cubs shirt would work for me. I think it's better when you don't actually live in the city of the team. Otherwise, the shirts are a dime a dozen. Oh well. Go Cubbies!
Post a Comment