There I was...on my way to work in my green shirt..when.. I began to feel like my car was about to swerve off the road. Yup. Flat tire. *sigh*
Reasons why long distance relationships suck.com sometimes.. I mean.. I HAVE someone would could help (who I dont feel super bad bothering), but isn't here. But, he was there to listen to me whine about it and look up phone numbers for me..haha..
Anyway, pulled off the highway (on my rim-oops) by a funeral home. HAUTE. Dennis came to the rescue!!! After getting no answer from the (Farmers) help point line, I called him and he and tire was changed in a jiffy..
Went to Bill's Tire Service on 15th and Yale and was done in a matter of 20 minutes.. It was a nail. Do you need tires? Go there. I have been going to them since college. SUCH nice guys that have been around for like 20 years. They always tell me straight up, offer advice/recommendations on other mechanics, and fixed my tire today for four bucks. Seriously.. need tires? Go to Bill's. :) And, most importantly, they do everything with a smile and treat me like I'm not a moron... (at least regarding cars) ;)
So, what could've ruined my day didnt at all...:)
Aaron's coming this weekend. I want SO badly to do something outdoors/outside the city/whatever... or at least out of the typical "in the raw to brookside" crap. Advice welcome. Thought about getting a cabin on the lake, but Easter weekend kinda ruined that idea... *sigh*
3 comments:
dude. car troubles = dog crap. literally the only times EVER that i think to myself "damn i'd love to have a boyfriend right now" are the times when i have car trouble. i feel you, sister. : )
pooey. i've had two flats since we moved to los angeles and sammy had one (guess there are more nails in the road!), and we've never been able to get a flat fixed in less than two hours. so i am JEALOUS of your twenty minutes!
any chance you can come see us on friday night?
okay, that cracks me up. mostly because my granddaddy refused to go anywhere but bill's ever, and it upset my granny 'cause she was all "they are slow! they overcharge!"
and really? I think my granddad was just talking to the friendly mechanics. :)
also? this sounds silly but I had A LOT of fun going to woolaroc this summer. or you could go to arbuckle wilderness. or the zoo. no fruit is in season so I don't think you could go pick anything...yeah, that's all I got. good luck! and I'm glad he'll be there!!!
Post a Comment